PDA

View Full Version : What next? (middle English version)

oddlycalm
04-27-04, 03:56 PM
(a continuation of a thread begun elsewhere)

New season hath well commenced, yet all knights still bowyth before the prancing horse, and dread the hun. Obersturmfuherer Buttmacher's shadow casteth long upon the field still while his man servant Rubenio struggles to keep pace with his master.

Has building new Castle McLaren, a monument to himself, distracted King Ron and his minions from the task before them? Doth King Ron looketh over his shoulder for the ghost of the long departed King Bruce to emerge and smite him? Will Clan McLaren restore their honor? The Mercedes sucketh mightily, and detonates with wanton abandon. If the Earls of Ilmor fail once more, the corpulent Baron Haug, fearing the hot breath of King Ron's rebuke, may yet roast their bones with the living meat still on them.

And so it falls to young Sir Jenson of Button to bear the flag for Britania. Having been charged with defeat of the wily hun, Sir Jenson hath ridden forth with surprising valor and upon the podium has landed thrice. Sir Juan's steed is barely up to the task, and he is visited nightly with dark visions of his future. Sir Juan surely curseth that hand by which future allegience he pledged to King Ron. King Ron payeth big for knights of great prowess to mount his bumblefooted steeds.

Meanwhile, young Prince Alonso of Renault layeth in wait, ready to pounce should leaders falter. Though not the most powerful, his steed is of good heart, and carries it's pace well onto the end. With age may come more power.

oc

anait
04-27-04, 04:31 PM
Yea, verily, thou doth pen goodly prose, dear Sir Calm! :thumbup:

RacinM3
04-27-04, 06:25 PM
Obersturmfuherer Buttmacher's shadow casteth long upon the field still while his man servant Rubenio struggles to keep pace with his master.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/images/smilies/bustingup.gif

oddlycalm
04-27-04, 06:57 PM
Yea, verily, thou doth pen goodly prose, dear Sir Calm! :thumbup:

Goodly of you to say, however, full credit I cannot take. The honorable Truebrit inspired this topic and coined a name or three.

oc

ilferrari
04-27-04, 07:07 PM
Sir Oddlycalm thou hast made one piss one's tights :D :thumbup:

pinniped
04-27-04, 07:23 PM
If there is one thing up with which I shall not put it is too much attention to olde English grammar.

lone_groover
04-27-04, 07:26 PM
OC, you could do a lot of damage at the NJ Renaissance Faire with some purple prose like that! :thumbup:

Hope you like fat chicks, though.

:D

oddlycalm
04-28-04, 04:26 PM
OC, you could do a lot of damage at the NJ Renaissance Faire with some purple prose like that! :thumbup:

:eek: Renaissance fairs? Eeeeeewwwwww groover, that's a horrible thought. Middle English, what was I thinking... BTW, I think the term you were looking for was rubenesque ;)

My kinda event is Oregon Country Fair, which is a much more relaxed and tribal affair. Also, Lane County has a 30yr old gender equality ordinance that allows both men and women to appear in public entirely shirtless. Eugene being a college town, let's just say that not all the quality spectating is related to the musical acts... The wife has occasionally suggested that the only reason I agree to go is to view the wildlife, but of course for me, it's all about the culture.... :D

oc