PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Renewal YESSSSS!!

DjDrOmusic
04-26-04, 02:21 PM
Got my renewal form in the mail today, man I can't wait for July!! Champcars on Lake Erie in the Rock & Roll Capital of the World!! :D

Old3Fan
04-26-04, 03:08 PM
:gomer: You lucky dog. Have fun.

ferrarigod
04-26-04, 03:26 PM
Living in Dublin, Ohio most of my life, Mid-Ohio was my destination. Even after moving to Florida every summer I went up to the race. Without Mid-Ohio I'm sad, but this year I am trying hard for Cleveland.

Just need to get my girlfriend to go with me, and then I'm there. I'm totally whipped ;)

rosawendel
04-26-04, 03:43 PM
the low down:

-it's a three day event (thurs-sat), but the day-to-day schedule isn't set yet.
-races include formula bmw, toyota atlantic, trans-am, and the champ cars.
-there has been some tweaking of the ticket structure: they have eliminated the "middle" sections of the stands, leaving only "upper tiers" and "lower tiers".
-the price for the "grand prix club" package went from 250 to 350 bucks.
-camper passes went down from 120 to 100 bucks.
-according to the course diagram, we're down to six stands (D-J) - they've eliminated stand K.
-the chalet village has been replaced with the formula bmw paddock.
-from what i can see, other than above, the ticket prices haven't changed.

Andrew Longman
04-26-04, 06:35 PM
I'm going back this year, but my son has a commitment that will mean we likely can only do the Saturday. Long ride from Jersey for just one day. My 5year old might be making his first road trip though and it will certainly will be worth it.

(Actually, the whole family drove to RA 2 years ago)

pkvracing12
04-26-04, 07:40 PM
Ok were are mine.

Napoleon
04-26-04, 07:48 PM
YYYYEEEESSSS

got it

tantra
04-26-04, 08:45 PM
Got it and will be there. It will be my 22nd. (I missed one in '86 when I was making space shuttle parts at Rockwell In'tl.

BTW, now would be a perfect time for someone to step up and offer me gas money and a free hotel room for a couple of nights.
(Think of how I stood in the cold all winter begging for lose change from compassionate drivers as the stopped at the bottom of those freeway exit ramps. Think of how wonderful it will make you feel to send a poor retired bum to Lake Erie for a short vacation and a taste of Champ Car. :)

pkvracing12
04-28-04, 05:43 PM
I finally got mine! section D ,and I like the picture of the track and a herdez competition car on top! its hanging on my wall of Champ car stuff.

Ratattack
04-29-04, 08:02 AM
Congrats, DrO, Just wish it was a night race..

SurfaceUnits
04-29-04, 04:37 PM
U.S. Bank Returns as Presenting Sponsor for 2004 Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland; Bridgestone, Labatt Blue Also Renew Commitment to Annual Event

CLEVELAND--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 29, 2004--
CHAMP CAR GRAND PRIX OF CLEVELAND July 1-3, 2004

Reaffirming a successful partnership that has blossomed over the last eight years, officials from the Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland announced today that U.S. Bank will return to the annual Roar by the Shore summer event as presenting sponsor in 2004.

"We are extremely happy to be renewing our partnership with U.S. Bank," said Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland General Manager Rena Shanaman. "Over the years U.S. Bank has proven its commitment to both the City of Cleveland and the Grand Prix in its unwavering support. The event could not ask for a better partner as we work toward the 23rd running of this Cleveland summertime celebration."

The U.S. Bank Presents the Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland will be held at Burke Lakefront Airport July 1-3.

Link (http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20040429005627&newsLang=en)

This isn't a night race, correct?

Lizzerd
04-29-04, 04:51 PM
Hmmm... I bought my tickets last year on line. Will I get a renewal in the mail?

DjDrOmusic
04-29-04, 04:55 PM
The race is Saturday at 5 pm and yes Lizzerd, you should get a renewal form! :)