PDA

View Full Version : Shiggy Fever! Catch It !!!!!!!!

racermike
02-03-03, 05:48 PM
Shiggy joins AJ Foyts team for first four races, to help fund both Shiggy and "4"

Hurling Frootmig
02-03-03, 05:51 PM
A.J. continues to sell out. Have fun in the Toyota. Have fun trying to talk to Shiggy.

A.J. should just hang a sign outside his shop that says "Ride Buyers Welcomed - Have Check - Will Give Ride"

Glad to see the vision continues to unfold.

RaceGrrl
02-03-03, 05:58 PM
Shiggy Hattori: Kwality Tewl

JLMannin
02-03-03, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Shiggy Hattori: Kwality Tewl

My daddy used them to fix his Epson, and I use those same wrenches to fix my Epson.

-or-

"I provided more smashed tubs for the production of 'Driven' than the rest of CART combined"

DaveL
02-03-03, 10:46 PM
Someone break out a tape of a circa 1996-97 "Road To Indy" and remind the Lemmings what the Vision was.

The irony and hilarity of this cannot be overstated, and I cannot find the proper words that do it justice.

Hey Lemmings, you've been had. When will you realize this?

pchall
02-03-03, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Hurling Frootmig
A.J. continues to sell out. Have fun in the Toyota. Have fun trying to talk to Shiggy.

A.J. should just hang a sign outside his shop that says "Ride Buyers Welcomed - Have Check - Will Give Ride"

Glad to see the vision continues to unfold.

Foyt's got a good history of ride-buyers in his cars. Remember Marco "Take My Checko" Greco?

JSR
02-03-03, 11:24 PM
Foyt and ride buyers go way back. I don't understand why anyone would be surprised by this.

JoeBob
02-03-03, 11:40 PM
And who can forget Gregor Foitek?

mnkywrch
02-04-03, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by JoeBob
And who can forget Gregor Foitek?

Well, I had.

AJ runs Shiggy and gets free Toyota motors.

I suspect he'll be running Takuma Sato next season for the free Honda motors.

Hurling Frootmig
02-04-03, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Well, I had.

AJ runs Shiggy and gets free Toyota motors.

I suspect he'll be running Takuma Sato next season for the free Honda motors.

Maybe he could run both Shiggy and Sato and then have two sets of free engines. :D :D

All of this ride buying tells me that A.J. doesn't bring much to the table for the sponsors. A.J. remains a relic from the past and most companies don't want to put that relic on their table.

mnkywrch
02-04-03, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Hurling Frootmig
All of this ride buying tells me that A.J. doesn't bring much to the table for the sponsors. A.J. remains a relic from the past and most companies don't want to put that relic on their table.

Not any laptop manufacturers, for sure...

He's stuck in the 60's. :shakehead

Joe in LA
02-04-03, 12:49 PM
AJ must be really, really bad at sponsor relations. He is AJ FOYT. He's got to be, along with Mario, the most recongnizable open wheel name in the US. That alone should get him in the door.

Hurling Frootmig
02-04-03, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Joe in LA
AJ must be really, really bad at sponsor relations. He is AJ FOYT. He's got to be, along with Mario, the most recongnizable open wheel name in the US. That alone should get him in the door.

Provided he can get through the door:D

Don Quixote
02-04-03, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Joe in LA

I think its safe to say that AJ is not good at any form of human relations, not just sponsors, but employees, partners, relatives, bank tellers, waitresses, clerks, gas station attendents, toll booth workers, etc, etc, etc.

devilmaster
02-04-03, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Don Quixote
I think its safe to say that AJ is not good at any form of human relations, not just sponsors, but employees, partners, relatives, bank tellers, waitresses, clerks, gas station attendents, toll booth workers, etc, etc, etc.

Don't forget sammich delivery boys....

Steve

sundaydriver
02-04-03, 05:54 PM
I'm laughing my ass off.

The other drivers in the Retirement League must be ****ting a brick. I'll bet Dario, Kenny, and Tony K et al thought they would never see him again!

LOOK OUT!!! :laugh: :laugh: :rofl:

RTKar
02-04-03, 08:04 PM
........."Shig Cane".............

DaveL
02-05-03, 12:47 AM
For those keeping score, AJ having to run Shiggy in order to get free Yodas is a good thing as per the Lemming Spin.

So, Buddy is out and Shiggy is in but the Lemmings still think the Vision is intact. Oook.

cart7
02-05-03, 06:32 AM
originally posted by DaveL
For those keeping score, AJ having to run Shiggy in order to get free Yodas is a good thing as per the Lemming Spin.

Dave, You've got to understand the Lemming logic. Poor Dare,the B*stard.. er, I mean foreign ride buy.... er I mean well deserving Brazilian road racer who proved himself during the 01 season and kicked that over the hill beechler out of his ride is starting the season without a ride himself. If Shiggy comes in with Epson money, runs the first half of the season,then steps out, Airton gets to finish the season in Shigs car. Mind you, after shiggy's done with them that the tubs will have structural integrity of a bondo'd eggshell, but so be it, at least the well deserving Airton gets to finish out the season.

Just like a pair of aging eye's need the eyeglass prescription readjusted every year or so to re-correct the vision back to normal, so does the average lemming's vision of what the irl was supposed to be about. Although, the re-adjustments have been about every 2-3 weeks lately and it's been more like lasix surgery gone bad.:gomer:

Racewriter
02-05-03, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by cart7
Dave, You've got to understand the Lemming logic. Poor Dare,the B*stard.. er, I mean foreign ride buy.... er I mean well deserving Brazilian road racer who proved himself during the 01 season and kicked that over the hill beechler out of his ride is starting the season without a ride himself. If Shiggy comes in with Epson money, runs the first half of the season,then steps out, Airton gets to finish the season in Shigs car. Mind you, after shiggy's done with them that the tubs will have structural integrity of a bondo'd eggshell, but so be it, at least the well deserving Airton gets to finish out the season.

Just like a pair of aging eye's need the eyeglass prescription readjusted every year or so to re-correct the vision back to normal, so does the average lemming's vision of what the irl was supposed to be about. Although, the re-adjustments have been about every 2-3 weeks lately and it's been more like lasix surgery gone bad.:gomer:

:D:D:D:gomer:

Ain't that the truth? Heck, that's why I haven't kept my Kool-Aid active - I have a full time job and can't keep up...