PDA

View Full Version : The Uncle Devil Show

racer2c
04-25-04, 02:34 PM
Now I know who the lone_groover is. I believe he's the drummer the new Scotish pop rock sensation "The Uncle Devil Show" band.
Bubblegum hooks that would make McCartney envious and a sense of humor that only a mother could love, these guys are great! Fans around the world have consprired and believe this to be Del Amitri, another Scotish pop band, although TUDS deny it. (On further examination, The Uncle Devil Show is actually the work of Justin Currie from Del Amitri, Jim McDermott from Simple Minds and cult Scottish singer Kevin McDermott.)
Fans of Del Amitri and great hooks, with brilliantly funny lyrics like... "there's a bimbo in the limo and the bimbo is me. I keep the mirrored windows down so everyone can see."

From their website. Check out the About Us page!
"Not everyone digs the way they wear their hair - but then not everyone unused to a life of dignified manual labour knows how to dig properly. THE UNCLE DEVIL SHOW does. These handsome rakes are the aces of spades. They're hoes who are seriously bitchin'. They're earthy sods, and this is sweet soil music. Mulch ado about something!"

Read this about their drummer...

'TERRENCE plays the drum set - but the block-rockin' Tiki Lounge beats of THE UNCLE DEVIL SHOW are inspired by a rather unexpected source. "It's the sound of a Standard Class 5 4-6-0 steam train rattling over a set of points," sighs Terrence: "The most romantic, stirring, assonant confluence of polyrhythms known to man - if not woman, admittedly."

"In fact, prior to being pressed into service with THE UNCLE DEVIL SHOW I used to collect jars of steam - collecting engine numbers was far too prosaic for me - and then of course a moving picture called Trainspotting came out and it was absolutely chock-full of commode-mouthed vulgarians, which rather soiled the whole ethos for me."'

TUDS isn't all laughs though, as a few of their songs are actually quite awesome rock diddies. I really like the song "She Cuts Her Own Fringe". Great song.

Looking for something different? Your Aguilara and Spears CD's getting old? Do yourself a favor and check out The Uncle Devil Show.
Three thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Link (http://www.theuncledevilshow.com/index.htm)