PDA

View Full Version : Juan Pablo to Frank Williams:

Jag_Warrior
04-25-04, 09:39 AM
I'm driving for you again next year, Frank. That McLaren thing? Dude, Ron Dennis got me drunk. Plus, I had the flu that day and was on some heavy medication. I'd been hearing voices that week too. I was not well, Frank. But I'm better now. It's you and me, right? Frankie, baby... come on! I won't drive for that goofy-@ss outfit! They spend more on catered lunches than on car development. Pay for my hotel room and I'll drive for free. F'it! I'll pick up the hotel room, just let me stay!!! Dios mios, what have I done??? :cry:

Railbird
04-25-04, 09:56 AM
either that or he realizes he is now sitting in the third or fourth best car on the grid and it just might be a good time for change.

cart7
04-25-04, 10:06 AM
I saw Rons motorcoach for the first time on that little walk through the paddock on the pre-race show.

JEZUZ PALIMINO!!! :eek:

RACE THE TRUCK RON, RACE THE TRUCK!!!

Dirty Sanchez
04-25-04, 10:06 AM
I'd tell him to pack a lunch... except it looks like he already ate it. :D

RTKar
04-25-04, 10:30 AM
They also mentioned McLarens new facility in England....sounds like a hell of a place but when Minardi's been more reliable as of late they should maybe focus on what's happening on the track a little more. Of course they didn't light any torches this weekend and the "Frying" Finn did a great job moving up from last but JPM won't be happy running 8th, hoping the nomex on his arse has an extra layer.

nissan gtp
04-25-04, 01:28 PM
something is terribly wrong in woking ... it's not just the engines, the car is just not there.

and JPM isn't showing me much either.

Mike Kellner
04-25-04, 10:37 PM
Someone else pointed out the new motor coach, and the new racecar supercenter or whatever they call it, and the portable skyscraper, and who knows whatelse they have been doing. I think they need to remember what their mission is... It is not to build the world's snazziest headquarters, coolest portable race center, or motorcoach, it is to build the best GP car. They need to concentrate on the basics. Reliability, lift/drag, mechanical grip, and drivability. The tricky stuff that gets the extra 1/100% only helps when you are already even with the best.

mk

EDwardo
04-25-04, 10:44 PM
I want to see them race the motor home!

Railbird
04-25-04, 10:51 PM
I still wonder how much aero work they can do other than trying to trim the car out enough to compensate for the Ill-more.

Mike Kellner
04-25-04, 11:27 PM
Good point. McLaren usually wins when they have the best motor. Wait, that is F1 in a nutshell. It sure looks like Honda has the best motor now. JPM shoulda signed with them.

mk

devilmaster
04-25-04, 11:42 PM
I think they need to remember what their mission is... It is not to build the world's snazziest headquarters, coolest portable race center, or motorcoach...
mk

But Mike, ya gotta agree it doesn't hurt... ;) :D

Steve

Ankf00
04-25-04, 11:51 PM
Paragon's been in development for a while so I doubt it has much to do with the utter suck that is the MP4-19, and why would their F1 engineers be working on building them a new headquarters instead of the race car?

The engine blows, and Coughlin's messed up for the 2nd year in a row...

Cam
04-25-04, 11:54 PM
Well.... The McLaren Technology Centre (http://www.mclaren.com/technologycentre/) is not just McLaren F1. It's all of their ventures under one roof. Anyway, as the main problem right now is the "Mercedes" portion of the team name, the problem is not resident under that particular roof.

Tedminator
04-26-04, 01:51 AM
He seems to whine a lot.. this Juan Montoya.

oddlycalm
04-27-04, 07:16 PM
Well.... The McLaren Technology Centre (http://www.mclaren.com/technologycentre/) is not just McLaren F1. It's all of their ventures under one roof.

Ventures or distractions? Oh, what do I know, I can't even spell McLaren correctly most days... ;)

oc