PDA

View Full Version : Indy course

rabbit
02-03-03, 04:21 PM
http://www.pitpass.com/features/feature.cfm?featuresid=245&page=1

Found this quote from Mario interesting...

'Is Indianapolis the right venue for F1 in America?' I ask.

"I tell you what," enthuses Mario. "I don't think the track is the greatest, but I've seen worse and the fact that today there is no individual or company that could promote an F1 race and make money. The only ones that can afford to lose money are governments that back the sport. Indianapolis to me is like a government. It will never be a profitable event for them but they can afford to stage it, for prestige and everything. It's great because the name Indianapolis and everything else, it's like Monza it's synonymous! I think it's a great venue and I'm glad that it's there. If it continues for at least 2 more years and it's well attended, I think you will see a re-shaping of the track. Tony (George) already told me that they will build a tunnel that will go out and come back, lengthen the track and give it more character. So to answer your question, yes!"

JLMannin
02-03-03, 06:01 PM
What would they do? Run the track out in the BY Crossing golf course? I really cannot visualize any place else it could go.

rabbit
02-03-03, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
What would they do? Run the track out in the BY Crossing golf course? I really cannot visualize any place else it could go. That's kind of what I was thinking.

Cam
02-03-03, 06:05 PM
North 40. :p

RTKar
02-03-03, 07:18 PM
......The Camp David Loop......

pchall
02-03-03, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by RTKar

Out the North Tunnel and over to Ziggy's house and back. ;)

We can all sit on the roof and pretend that Team Minardi is the Cubs.

RaceChic
02-03-03, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by RTKar

Say "Hi" to Lizzerd on the way........:laugh:

mnkywrch
02-03-03, 10:37 PM
Tear out the effing golf course in the infield and you've got some possibilities...

Napoleon
02-04-03, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by pchall
Out the North Tunnel and over to Ziggy's house and back. ;)

We can all sit on the roof and pretend that Team Minardi is the Cubs.

:D

Maybe I'll even swing by Ziggy's, as long as I don't put any money in the pocket of TG.