PDA

View Full Version : Zanardi piece wins Emmy

rabbit
04-23-04, 05:53 PM
Just read on champcarworldseries.com (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7700) that HBO won an Emmy for Bryant Gumbel's story on Alex Zanardi. :thumbup: Although I never got to see the piece, I heard it was really good and appearantly the National Television Academy thinks so too.

BTW - If somebody has it on tape, I would love a copy.

Ziggy
04-23-04, 07:16 PM
It deserved an award. Alex is pure greatness, in and out of the car

Ziggy

pineapple
04-23-04, 07:38 PM
That was a great program. Gumbel got a little pushy with AZ at one point (about why he wanted to continue racing) and AZ's response was on the line of well, it's not like I'm going to break my legs.

My hero.

devilmaster
04-23-04, 08:38 PM
I have a lo-res version of the Zanardi HBO segment available again for streaming, for John or anyone who hasn't seen it yet..

Ensure your Windows Media Player codecs are up to date (open media player, click on help, then click on check for player updates)

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/ZanardiHBO.wmv

Looking around, I think I deleted my source file for this, damnit! :mad:

Anyways, the lo-res version works fine.
Steve

ChampcarShark
04-30-04, 06:23 PM
Ensure your Windows Media Player codecs are up to date (open media player, click on help, then click on check for player updates)
Steve

Well, what do you know. I was not able to see it because my Win200 here at work can not upgrade the media player. Not enough privileges.

Man, I hate Microsoft. :cry:

PopOffValve
05-02-04, 12:25 AM
I have a lo-res version of the Zanardi HBO segment available again for streaming, for John or anyone who hasn't seen it yet..
Steve
:thumbup:
thanks for the link. I've never seen it before. Zanardi completing the last 13 laps was truly amazing.

BZSetshot
05-02-04, 01:18 AM

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/ZanardiHBO.wmv

Looking around, I think I deleted my source file for this, damnit! :mad:

Anyways, the lo-res version works fine.
Steve

DevilMaster,
Thanks for the video. I had not seen it.

It left us with tears in our eyes and a knot in our throats, but not of pity, more like emotionally charged seeing how Alex has faced this challenge and come out so far ahead. He truly is an inspiration!

RHR_Fan
05-02-04, 04:43 PM
The Sports Emmys is going to be broadcasted tonite at 9:00 CT on Fox Sports Net. And the Celebrity Race from LB is on Speed at 9:30 CT.

~Nicole

Audi_A4
05-03-04, 05:59 PM
what a great piece!

Chaos
05-03-04, 06:04 PM
what a great piece!

:thumbup:

meadors
05-03-04, 10:52 PM
I will NEVER complain when I feel down. I will remember Alex and I will be proud to have touched his hand and seen his love for life.