PDA

View Full Version : Ray sues Foyt

Racewriter
04-23-04, 01:46 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/motorsports/stories/042304dnspocarbriefs.559b3.html

JT265
04-23-04, 01:58 PM
The lawsuit states Foyt "lied, stole money and placed Ray's life in danger in lousy equipment. Perhaps Mr. Foyt's ego is what motivates him to lie, cheat and swindle drivers."

Perhaps. :eek:

Andrew Longman
04-23-04, 02:20 PM
Is "lousy equipment" a legal or technical term?

The quotes don't sound like they came from a legal brief.

Ziggy
04-23-04, 03:04 PM
An IRL team propped by lies and half truths? Say it aint so!

Champcar really needs Ron Hemelgarn, cause this is how these broke dick teams operate

Ziggy

Don Quixote
04-23-04, 03:22 PM
If a lawsuit gets filed in a forest, and nobody is there to read it, does it still make a noise? :gomer:

Hot Rod Otis
04-23-04, 04:49 PM
Do you think Wilke, Indy"cool" and the rest of the Splitzville legal team will be all over this lawsuit like they are OWRS/CART suits? :laugh: :laugh:

Joe in LA
04-23-04, 05:03 PM
He's gonna sue Kelley and Trim Spa as well??? Things must not be going well at his current team.

Ankf00
04-23-04, 05:18 PM
you can ask indyfool over at 10/10th's, haha

he's now a highly qualified CART driver talent rater ;)

JT265
04-23-04, 07:34 PM
He's gonna sue Kelley and Trim Spa as well??? Things must not be going well at his current team.

On a serious note, hang on to your wallets boys, cause I done believe that the "coiled snake" Gweggy is gonna sue all of us for not buying ito the "visions".

;)

rabbit
04-23-04, 08:02 PM
This just in: A gust of wind has blown his lawsuit out of court, twice.

Film at 11.

DaveL
04-23-04, 08:34 PM
This just in: A gust of wind has blown his lawsuit out of court, twice.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pinniped
04-23-04, 10:04 PM
Just goes to show how desperate these guys are. lol

RTKar
04-23-04, 10:25 PM
Is he going to sue the walls too for getting in the way of a complete race? :rolleyes:

DaveL
04-23-04, 11:30 PM
I wonder if AJ can make it all the way to the court house without the car breaking down with an "electrical" problem.

Brickman
04-23-04, 11:42 PM
Filing a lawsuit against someone because they had a verbal agreement. Oh please... maybe he thinks AJ is insured and will settle. A longshot lawsuit if there ever was one.

DaveL
04-23-04, 11:59 PM
Filing a lawsuit against someone because they had a verbal agreement. Oh please...

A recognized verbal agreement between two consenting parties constitutes a valid contract in the eyes of the law. Don't be so quick to pooh pooh it. Or are you just mad that AJ's team is being exposed for the fiasco schlock outfit that it really is?

nrc
04-24-04, 12:09 AM
You're not very good at this, RW. First you post a short blurb about the lawsuit, then you you add three paragraphs talking about how this surely proves the moral bankruptcy of the owner, his series and all its fans. Get it right.

Brickman
04-24-04, 11:35 AM
A recognized verbal agreement between two consenting parties constitutes a valid contract in the eyes of the law. Don't be so quick to pooh pooh it. Or are you just mad that AJ's team is being exposed for the fiasco schlock outfit that it really is?

Of course verbal agreements are valid. Proving so is sometimes difficult. I loaned someone money, had notes, he claimed verbal agreement, judge bought it. (dumbass) Ignored parole evidence rule. So I took it to the Appellate Court. I lost again (dumbasses). I was going to take it to the California Supreme Court but instead asked for a rehearing and was granted it. Now if they take their collective heads out of their ***** they will realize that verbal agreements do not hold more truth than a written note. :shakehead

As far as AJ, it's almost impossible to varify verbal agreements, racers are dumb to make verbal agreements, but do so constantly. Why would I be mad? Everyone knows AJ is a shoot from the hip owner (not sure he even has an engineer) who shouldn't have his Grandson driving in the IRL and should fold the Cup team. I liked him as a driver, but I'm from RIVERSIDE, Dan Gurney was my childhood driver of choice.