PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo OC NASCAR League

Lizzerd
04-21-04, 06:26 PM
Wow... The shopdogs had a helluva week. Congrats, manic. Be wary of reptiles nipping at your heels, though.

manic mechanic
04-22-04, 11:45 PM
Wow... The shopdogs had a helluva week. Congrats, manic. Be wary of reptiles nipping at your heels, though.

Thanks Lizz. I'm out front, but I know that one bad showing could leave me in 7th.

BTW, I'm 2 weeks ahead of last year's pace, ~6250 overall.

Thank You, Thank You very much..I'll be here all year! :rofl:

manic

anait
04-23-04, 01:44 AM
I'm out front, but I know that one bad showing could leave me in 7th.

:saywhat:

Ahem.

7. MTD Racing

You calling me out, mm??? Huh?? Huh?? :p :D

JLMannin
04-23-04, 12:37 PM
Team Cornball is inside the top 20 in the OC league, and inside the top 145,000 in the overall standings!

And I have not yet watched a single Nextel Cup race!

Ankf00
04-23-04, 01:10 PM
Team Cornball is inside the top 20 in the OC league, and inside the top 145,000 in the overall standings!

And I have not yet watched a single Nextel Cup race!
I was first for the first few weeks and hadn't watched one of these races for a couple of years :D

anait
04-30-04, 11:56 AM
K, I was mistaken. :( When I checked in after the race, the results for my drivers were up, but I guess the totals hadn't yet been tallied...I'd actually fallen to 9th.

:cry:

I am now ready to sneakily spend time & money I told hubby I wouldn't!! :eek: :rofl: I ain't going down this easily!!

pinniped
04-30-04, 11:00 PM
reptiles my ass...beware of ostriches starting a midseason hot streak...we found sumpin the car...

manic mechanic
05-03-04, 11:55 AM
reptiles my ass...beware of ostriches starting a midseason hot streak...we found sumpin the car...

Yeah, y'all found sumpin in the car...too bad it wasn't speed!

There were several things hotter than team Ostrich at Fontana yesterday, not the least of which were the grandstands. :laugh:

manic (still in P2)

Lizzerd
05-03-04, 12:34 PM
Dang... I had three guys running in the top ten with about four laps to go. That is, until Nemechek and Kahne ran out of gas.

pinniped
05-03-04, 02:23 PM
Yeah, y'all found sumpin in the car...too bad it wasn't speed!

There were several things hotter than team Ostrich at Fontana yesterday, not the least of which were the grandstands. :laugh:

manic (still in P2)

Au contraire - the Team Ostrich juggernaut demonstrated its speed quite well yesterday...it was the longevity part which messed us up...at one point we had our Ostrich cars in 1st, 3rd, and 6th...then Biffle went behind the wall for a few laps (what was that about), Kenseth faded and Nemechek ran out of fuel on the last lap...

But you just wait, them Ostriches will be nipping at your dogs heels...or should I say "dawgs"...

They should have called that the "heat stroke 500"

RTKar
05-03-04, 06:08 PM
Dang... I had three guys running in the top ten with about four laps to go. That is, until Nemechek and Kahne ran out of gas.

Same kinda thing here....I didn't intend to pick Michael Waltrip but somehow I had him....shoulda moved up but I fell back 4 places...I REALLY hate NASCAR. I'm going to start paying more attention to this...which means I 'll probably end up in last place.

anait
05-03-04, 06:40 PM
I feel your pain. :D I was stricken with indecision Sunday morning, and decided to wait until after church to switch out my activated drivers, if I felt so led. :gomer:

We got into the house 3 minutes past the deadline. :saywhat: Imagine my chagrin to see Kahne, whom I had tried, in vain, to activate anyway, in 3rd place in the final laps. Oh, well, I thought...at least I had Nemechek...

Turned out okay, though. Moved up 1 place. :thumbup:

manic mechanic
05-04-04, 12:01 AM
I feel your pain. :D I was stricken with indecision Sunday morning, and decided to wait until after church to switch out my activated drivers, if I felt so led.

We got into the house 3 minutes past the deadline. :saywhat: Imagine my chagrin to see Kahne, whom I had tried, in vain, to activate anyway, in 3rd place in the final laps. Oh, well, I thought...at least I had Nemechek...

Turned out okay, though. Moved up 1 place. :thumbup:

As a famous singer/songwriter/author once said:

"Indecision may or may not be my problem"... :laugh:

You are doing good, T. Don't spend too much of the old man's money!

manic