PDA

View Full Version : TK interview: "the sauce drove kendall"

rosawendel
04-21-04, 12:49 PM
sauce drove kendall (http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1082539899115513.xml)

an article / interview with TK about his beginnings in the booth, posted from wire reports.

"Well, they talked me into it (his first time in the booth for ABC, the day after a race), and I think the reason I did so well is that I was so hung over I didn't care what I said."

you gotta love this guy.

Dirty Sanchez
04-21-04, 01:17 PM
Personally, I can't wait to hear about his endings in the booth. :thumdown:

racer2c
04-21-04, 01:42 PM

What do you not like about TK? Jerkins is the one who has to go.

Dirty Sanchez
04-21-04, 01:56 PM
What do you not like about TK? Jerkins is the one who has to go.Biased (needs to get off of PT's jock). Not funny. Not very "professional" (whatever that is these days). I don't really learn much from listening to him (surprising considering his extensive driving background).

They should both go, imo. Is Beekhuis available?

JoeBob
04-21-04, 02:01 PM
TK needs to be in the booth to liven things up, but he is best with a technical guy beside him. Pruett did that well (certainly a lot better than he did in the pits: Worst. Pit Reporter. Ever.) Beekhuis would be even better.

cart7
04-21-04, 02:07 PM
I'd take Parker too. Is he still doing drag racing these days??

racer2c
04-21-04, 02:12 PM
Mario Andretti in the booth would be a HUGE added value.

Spicoli
04-21-04, 02:29 PM

He's a Bruno FanBoy, that explains most of it. :)

<<Waiting for retribution>> ;)

Dirty Sanchez
04-21-04, 02:46 PM
<<Waiting for retribution>> ;)And you're a fan of the guy with the biggest mouth... anybody surprised? ;)

You probably napped during the race anyway, doilyboy. :cry:

indyfan31
04-21-04, 02:52 PM
I like the fact that he assumes a higher level of understanding than his counterpart on ABC, I don't really need to know where the tires and steering wheel are located on a car anymore. He speaks his mind and I like that, it isn't always pretty, but it always refreshing to hear.

Corner5
04-21-04, 03:06 PM
Parker is under contract with ABC/ESPN and Beekhuis is doing ALMS. :(

KLang
04-21-04, 03:27 PM
Another :thumbup: for TK. I really enjoy his contributions to the race broadcast.

Spicoli
04-21-04, 04:10 PM
And you're a fan of the guy with the biggest mouth... anybody surprised? ;)

At least my boy doesn't have Helio on his speed dial.... :saywhat:

fourrunner
04-21-04, 04:26 PM
During a Boring Race, Tommy Kendall is the guy that kept me awake... During an Extremely active race with a lot of yellows, Tommy Kendall is the guy that kept me interested... I always WATCH the race,because I am a Non Apoligetic Champ Car fan... But I wait in anticipation to here what Kendall will say next

This past weekend he kept me from kicking my TV in listening to Jenkins...

I'd love Beekhius IN ADDITION to TK, Parker too, Varsha absolutely.. But I think Kendall is a great tension breaker !!

sundaydriver2
04-21-04, 04:47 PM
WE NEED JON BEEKUIS!!!!!

:cry:

JT265
04-21-04, 05:21 PM
And you're a fan of the guy with the biggest mouth... anybody surprised? ;)

The biggest "mouth" is a subjective comment Crapper. Let's tune in and hear Bruno whine some more.

;)

Steve99
04-21-04, 05:22 PM
We like TK. Crapus needs to put down the crack pipe. :p

It would be good to get Jon back in the Champ Car pits where he belongs.

Dirty Sanchez
04-21-04, 06:13 PM
The biggest "mouth" is a subjective comment Crapper. Let's tune in and hear Bruno whine some more.

;)He's a crap loser... so am I. :thumbup:

I'll take that over a guy that bashes the series over a perfectly legit penalty anytime ;)

JT265
04-21-04, 08:51 PM
He's a crap loser... so am I. :thumbup:

I'll take that over a guy that bashes the series over a perfectly legit penalty anytime ;)

:cry: <---Bruno the 1st time he gets a blocking penalty.

<or a hair in his soup. Of course, I get pissed at a hair in my soup too.>

<Unless it's female and I knowed whered it comed from>

:D

Ankf00
04-21-04, 08:53 PM
bleh, they're both whiney teenage girls, feel the wrath of Wilson bietches! he keeps it real ;)

Anteater
04-23-04, 10:20 PM
WE NEED JON BEEKUIS!!!!!

:cry:

You'll be seeing Jon Beekhuis as a pit reporter for a few Champ Car races this season. I heard it from someone who is a position to know. ;)

racer2c
04-23-04, 10:48 PM
You'll be seeing Jon Beekhuis as a pit reporter for a few Champ Car races this season. I heard it from someone who is a position to know. ;)

That's very cool. I look forward to that. Fans could tell the Jon was a true Champ Car man, not just another paid talking head. :thumbup:

JohnHKart
04-24-04, 05:59 PM
Jon has also been in the booth at Atlantic Races...he would actually make a good booth guy as well.

John

Audi_A4
05-22-04, 11:43 AM

he is a great pit reporter ...

Peter Venkman
05-22-04, 07:51 PM

Tom Kendall pees out after lunch, more race and professional knowledge, than the rest of the talking heads combined.