PDA

View Full Version : Press conference on now at CART.com

devilmaster
02-03-03, 02:43 PM
Its running a tad late, but the link is working, and i'm in the chat if you want to come on in.

Steve

rabbit
02-03-03, 02:45 PM
Steve, can you post some updates in here?
My work computer has no sound card and won't let me in the chat.:mad: :cry:

devilmaster
02-03-03, 02:46 PM
Candu, rabbit.

The driver PC is now, Pook PC will be at 2:45. Not sure if they are running back to back.

Steve

devilmaster
02-03-03, 03:03 PM
First tidbits.....

Moreno is 'testing' car #4.

Tag is apparently sick. Possibly food poisoning. He has seen doctors.

Steve

devilmaster
02-03-03, 03:07 PM
Moreno is not confirmed, but they are working on it and hope to have good news this week.

Steve

devilmaster
02-03-03, 03:16 PM
Fernandez - 'I still don't have the strength needed to do a track like Laguna, but i'm workign at it, and I will be ready for St. Pete.'

JoeBob
02-03-03, 03:26 PM
Translation: We said that I might be able to drive at Mexico City because it would help sell tickets, but there's no way on earth it was going to happen.

nrc
02-04-03, 04:02 AM
A couple of other things from the press conference.

- Pook talked like Houston was a sure thing for '04, and said that a couple of other 'major markets' would be added for '04. or '05 to complete CART's platform.

- He said that CART is commited to bringing American drivers up from the feeder series and said that a major effort to support this would be unveiled in a few months.

- He said that the full CART TV schedule and a decision on the Chicago date should be announced by the end of this week.

mnkywrch
02-04-03, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by nrc
He said that the full CART TV schedule and a decision on the Chicago date should be announced by the end of this week.

Good - I need to release my CART schedule for MS Outlook and PalmPilots. :)