PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for a great LBGP week-end

Playersfan
04-20-04, 07:25 PM
I like to thank all of you that made this past week- end a memorable one.
We sure had a great time.It was nice to see all my SO.CAL. racing buddies and to meet new and old friends from other parts of the country.Special thanks to Anaya for organizing the events,the Dromo challenge was super with our buddy Corky taking the checkers.The Belmont Brewery party was also a success with about 28
guests, good food and excellent beer and once again APEX was at the head of the table.Manic had some door prices with some very hard questions and it was fun!!!!Oh yes we even celebrated two birthdays one of which was mine.Race-day was great with a terrific start at the beach with Manic providing some superb Bloody Mary's.The historical race was great.The Atlantic's, one to forget,it was all yellow.I really enjoyed the Champcar race,the new rules and tires made things interesting even though there was no passing.For the Trans-Am race we all gathered at grand stand 18 which offers a great view from turn 9 to the hairpin.it was a great race with Gentilozzi taking a hard fought win.Back to the Pirate truck for some tailgating on the beach till the cops said enough.
To Anaya,Manic,Dave 99,Monoposto the Anteaters ,Wood Eye,Linda Lou and my new buddy Ank00 thank you and see you next year or maybe Vegas.Race Cat was nice seeing you on Friday to bad you had to go.
Ciao all.Playersfan :) :cool:
P.S.Pictures please ;)

Ankf00
04-20-04, 07:52 PM
likewise, this weekend was much needed, and quite the good time. Thanks to all of you who made it so memorable, especially cork and manic for helping me out as much as they did. The 'Eaters made for great race-time pals, dave, monoposto, and players fan good drinking buddies at dinner, and woodeye and lou are good for stickers, stickers, and more stickers ;) (SEND MORE!!) And Anaya handled all the nitty gritty! And finally met TravelPersonGalPersonNotTonyGeorgeButTravelPerson too! Met Travis too, and I'm sure I'm missing some peoples, sorry!

but I'm not missing Pinniped, b/c his punkarse didn't show ;) the title of Wussy has now been inherited by the resident lawyer

and forgot theunions, the other Longhorn in these parts ;) he hooked Ian and I up with some sweet photographs to get signed by the drivers (like Junkie in his blown dallara at Indy 2002 pounding on the nose of the car in disgust), thanks bud!

Tim
04-21-04, 01:31 PM
Ian won the race even without me to block for him?

Ankf00
04-21-04, 02:41 PM
Ian won the race even without me to block for him?
I was the designated blocker this time, but he didn't need me, he still beat the star mazda kid for fastest lap and the race, that kid was pretty cool too, a shame he couldn't put cork in his place.

Dr. Corkski
04-22-04, 05:07 AM
I had a great time as well. Special thanks to Ank and theunions for making it even better than I could have expected, and sorry to everyone that I couldn't spend too much time at the meetings because I was too busy being a photo and hockey whore. Overall I was just glad I didn't have to bail Ank out. :D

And Tim - since you weren't here Ank naturally took over the role of Woobens for you - but don't worry, nothing Ank did even came close that perfect blocking job you did 2 years ago. :laugh:

theunions
04-22-04, 05:33 AM
and forgot theunions, the other Longhorn in these parts ;) he hooked Ian and I up with some sweet photographs to get signed by the drivers (like Junkie in his blown dallara at Indy 2002 pounding on the nose of the car in disgust), thanks bud!

'Twas actually a G-Force.

TravelGal
04-22-04, 05:50 PM
likewise, this weekend was much needed, and quite the good time. Thanks to all of you who made it so memorable, especially cork and manic for helping me out as much as they did. The 'Eaters made for great race-time pals, dave, monoposto, and players fan good drinking buddies at dinner, and woodeye and lou are good for stickers, stickers, and more stickers ;) (SEND MORE!!) And Anaya handled all the nitty gritty! And finally met TravelPersonGalPersonNotTonyGeorgeButTravelPerson too! Met Travis too, and I'm sure I'm missing some peoples, sorry!

but I'm not missing Pinniped, b/c his punkarse didn't show ;) the title of Wussy has now been inherited by the resident lawyer

:rofl: :rofl: So maybe I should be FarsiGal and TravelGal. Then I'd have the whole FTG! Good to meet you too Ank, and pbbbtt to Pinniped. You missed a good time dooood!

monoposto
04-22-04, 06:18 PM
It was great to meet up with some of my old 7G pals; Anaya, Playersfan, Dave99 et al. and to meet so many new fanatics; Manic, Ank, Corky and the rest of you. Special thanks to Anaya for organizing everything and for supplying transportation for me to Dromo1 and Belmont Brewing Co and also for keeping those pesky Tecate girls from pawing me at the street party Thursday night, you're the best! Thanks also to Manic for offering the libations race morning at the pirate truck and to Ank for his demonstration of his bicycle wizardy on the sands of Long Beach after the race.

I had a great time and I'm looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Dave99
04-22-04, 08:27 PM
to Ank for his demonstration of his bicycle wizardy on the sands of Long Beach after the race.
Was he still out there after I went back in to the Expo? That guy is 135 pounds of pure adrenaline! :laugh:

Good to see the usual suspects last weekend as well as the one-offs (Playersfan & Monoposto).

Nice to finally meet FCY-Rail-Travis-Pax, TravelGal (& Guy) and Ankf00, too.

Where was ZE and OW??????? :confused: And ZSCbear, he hadn't missed a LBGP in 20+ years!

Anyhoo, see ya at Las Vegas...if not at Laguna Seca...or Portland.

ANAYA YATES
04-22-04, 10:00 PM
You asked for pictures......here they are LBGP 2004 (http://homepage.mac.com/racetoski1/PhotoAlbum2.html)

Thank you everyone for making the LBGP a most enjoyable event.

It was an experience meeting Ank. Always seeing Playersfan and Monoposto is a joy. My carpool buddies :D

I hope I don't miss anyone: Gary, Dave, The CARTNuts, Herbtea, Speedway CJ, Travel Gal & Guy, Anteaters, Phil & Jessica, OpenWheel, Woodeye & Linda Lou, Cork, TeamGreen, Jeff & Paul Wallace, FCYTravis & Mom, Zippy Lady, Playersfan, Monoposto, Ank, Dr. Corkski...and of course MANIC.

Without you guys, this wouldn't happen. :)

Let's keep on racing

ANAYA YATES

Cam
04-22-04, 10:15 PM
What an ugly looking bunch! :laugh:

;) Great to see the West Coast bunch pics! :thumbup:

manic mechanic
04-22-04, 11:33 PM
What an ugly looking bunch!

Great to see the West Coast bunch pics!

I take exception to that, Cam...WE ARE NOT UGLY!!! :gomer:

Many thanks to all of you I saw at LBGP..You helped put me in a "ChampCar smile". :D

I'm still wearing the smile!!!

My own personal "thank yous" go like this:

Monoposto, Playersfan, Brewser, Cork, Dave, Anteater (and Mr. Anteater), T_G and T_Guy, Travis, Nick, Ryan, RaceCat, Fio, cyclepath, Linda Lou and wood-eye & OW: Please don't be strangers...My world is better with all of you in it.

Ank: What can I say.. You can drink with me anytime. Stay in touch, buddy.

And the king-daddy "THANK YOU" goes to my partner in crime:

THANK YOU ANAYA!!!..Without you we would be wandering drunks in search of a place to party! :rofl: I may own the truck, but your spirit is what makes it a landmark.

manic

P.S. I have some pictures, but it's gonna take a while to post them.

Lizzerd
04-23-04, 01:28 AM
You guys and gals had a great time. Can't wait for the midwest season!

Dr. Corkski
04-23-04, 06:23 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/racetoski1/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2004-04-22%2018.48.07%20-0700/Image-14B1F78294C711D8.jpg
http://www.toyotaatlantic.com/content/photos/2003/By800/20030620P_0015.jpg

chop456
04-23-04, 07:39 AM
Yep - 4 equally talented guys there. :D

Fitti Fan
04-23-04, 10:57 AM
Awesome pictures Anaya. Man I miss you guys. Couldn't you at least cut and paste my head to one of them.

Oh well, can anyone say "Seca"? Speaking of which, don't think we're going to be able to wait that long Manic. Got any strings to pull at Milwaukee?

Looks like you guys had a great time, but I don't recognize that guy with the pitcher of brew in front of him. Can't be my Pepsi drinking pal??????

M

Ankf00
04-23-04, 11:11 AM
too bad I don't have Jensen's checkbook!

chop456
04-23-04, 12:01 PM
I notice Corky's wearing his "President - Pedro Diniz Fanclub" hat, too. :D

JT265
04-23-04, 12:53 PM
too bad I don't have Jensen's checkbook!

To emulate your photo "mates', which one of you is the "fast rookie"?

;)

Anteater
04-24-04, 12:37 PM
To all our track friends as listed above: you add so much to the enjoyment of a race weekend! Our lives are richer for knowing you.

In addition to the people previously mentioned, it was nice to meet mlj and her daughter Loretta, who came all the way from Michigan to enjoy a Long Beach race weekend with the “Off Camber Track Fellowship”. Hope you had a wonderful time, ladies! Come back again next year.

Dave99, I know what you mean—it was strange not to see ZSCbear at Long Beach. I think he’s still out there in Minnesota (?), and IIRC, he told me that his wife was expecting a baby when we had our ’03 get-together at Belmont. So maybe he’s too busy now to get away for a race. Or it could be he’s one of the people who got lost in cyberspace when 7G folded, and he doesn’t know about OC. I don’t know what pinniped’s story is, though.

Ank, it was so much fun sitting with you on raceday! I’ll never forget you yelling “FABIOOO!!!!” every time Philippe was on the Jumbotron. :D

Anaya and manic, thanks for all your hard work to make the LBGP race weekend such a memorable event! You’re the best!

~Mr. And Ms. Anteater