PDA

View Full Version : The Future of NASCAR?

bdogg187
04-20-04, 06:11 PM
Found this comic on the web, anyway, considering the direction NASCAR is headed, I dont think this will be too far off. :rolleyes:

http://www.parabolis.net/thepits/strips/4.20.04.gif

Ankf00
04-20-04, 06:26 PM
I don't get it :confused:

Cam
04-20-04, 06:27 PM
So Jarrett will get to drive the truck? :rolleyes:

bdogg187
04-20-04, 07:02 PM
I don't get it :confused:

NASCAR wants to go to bigger cars with a larger "greenhouse" as they call it (see daytona prototypes). Supposedly it will reduce cost, and punch a bigger hole in the air, and make NASCARs less dependent on aero. As you know, NASCARs are already ugly oversized, common template, football shaped cars. So this guy apparently took it to the extreme.

Brickman
04-20-04, 07:05 PM
NASCAR is also considering something I have advocated for some time, putting the driver closer to the center. Between the two and the escape hatch they might finally get closer where they need to be.

Now about them engines...

pchall
04-20-04, 08:37 PM
I predict that the future of NASCAR will remain presenting boring crap mislabeled as "racing". Maybe Brickman should make the FCC and ICC aware of a the massive country-wide fraud.
:p

Brickman
04-20-04, 08:47 PM
I predict that the future of NASCAR will remain presenting boring crap mislabeled as "racing". Maybe Brickman should make the FCC and ICC aware of a the massive country-wide fraud.
:p

Well... the most boring part is they have too many races and that they start the program hours before they throw the green flag.

The racing has actually gotten better (nonrestrictor plate) lately.