PDA

View Full Version : Gathering Ideas

DjDrOmusic
04-20-04, 03:32 PM
Sunday was just plain fun, I think everyone who attended went home happy, and I know those who joined Railbird in Indy had just as good a time. Several people have asked me at past events and also at Sundays get together if we could take it on the road to other cities. So with an open mind, where would you want to get together and for which race? My thoughts were trying to something for Mexico City either in the Toledo area, or Windsor or Chicago, I even had someone suggest Fort Wayne. I'm open to suggestions and please I'm in no way saying that I have to be involved in planning or putting it on, just trying to get some ideas. :)

Napoleon
04-20-04, 03:35 PM
cleveland

Sean O'Gorman
04-20-04, 03:42 PM
I vote for Cleveland too. I wont drive more than 10 miles to watch a race with you guys unless its actually at the track. :)

DjDrOmusic
04-20-04, 03:43 PM
I vote for Cleveland too. I wont drive more than 10 miles to watch a race with you guys unless its actually at the track. :)

note to self: next gathering plan at least 10.1 miles from Cleveland! ;) :rofl:

JT265
04-20-04, 04:29 PM

We're even.

:rofl:

DjDrOmusic
04-26-04, 07:55 PM
I got an Email from a restaurant/bar chain called Frickers that is offering us space in one of their places for the Mexico City race. Take a look at their website and let me know what you all think, and while you're at it look at the locations. I think it's encouraging that a chain is ready to wrap their arms around a bunch of Champcar fans! :)

Frickers (http://www.frickers.com)

Warlock!
04-26-04, 08:19 PM
I got an Email from a restaurant/bar chain called Frickers that is offering us space in one of their places for the Mexico City race. Take a look at their website and let me know what you all think, and while you're at it look at the locations. I think it's encouraging that a chain is ready to wrap their arms around a bunch of Champcar fans! :)

Frickers (http://www.frickers.com)
A lot of Frickers 'round these parts. Good food, which would be better if it didn't always take too long to get (of course, it may just be the 3 or 4 in my area).

My question is... Do they know ChampCar races would be on the same time most NASCAR races are in the closing laps? Big redneck crowds in them thar joints...

Warlock!

DjDrOmusic
04-26-04, 11:18 PM
A lot of Frickers 'round these parts. Good food, which would be better if it didn't always take too long to get (of course, it may just be the 3 or 4 in my area).

My question is... Do they know ChampCar races would be on the same time most NASCAR races are in the closing laps? Big redneck crowds in them thar joints...

Warlock!

HMMM, I've never been to Frickers, but if the crowd is anything like the 4 or 5 that used to show up to try and torment us at WD's, I think we can take them! ;) I can talk with them about it if that's where everyone decides to go, I was just impressed that they offered and knew what Champcar is!!

race chica
04-27-04, 12:38 AM
I vote for somewhere in wisconsin.