PDA

View Full Version : Faith Renewed

DjDrOmusic
04-20-04, 03:18 PM
For the past few months, I have personally put myself through a gut wrenching turmoil. I kept telling my friends and family that they needed to have faith, that Champcar would take the flag in Long Beach and that the future did look brighter than it had just a year ago. However the whole time I couldn't help but try and prepare myself for the worst. For as long as I can remember, the one sport I looked forward to more than any other was Champcar. My faith in the sport was shaken a bit in 1996, my first year of not having the Indy 500 to look forward to, then my faith was shaken more when Ganassi took 4 cars to Indy and laid waste to TG's vision, while everyone was cheering, as I was, I had a sinking gut feeling that this was not good. My faith was shaken more last year, when I had a long conversation with Chris Pook in Cleveland, and it became apparent to me that if my children were ever going to see a real Champcar race, I'd better move heaven and Earth, let the gas company shut us off and turn off the phone, so I could buy tickets and get them to one. After months of soap opera like drama, from the bankruptcy to the last ditch attempt by TG to buy just what he needed to kill Champcar, to Honda's mafia like contract to rub out the competition, I couldn't help but scream for joy when I saw the green flag wave Sunday. My friends who were there thought I had left my family home just because it was at a bar, but the truth was I didn't want my children to see me cry. I moved quietly to the corner sound booth, raised my mic and my glass and asked the crowd of Champcar fans to toast our three "Amigo's" who had rescued Champcar. For the first time in years I am not looking at the next race with hesitation, but with a faith that the future is bright and that it will only get brighter.

fourrunner
04-20-04, 04:21 PM
Nice Post !!

I too looked at this year with a lot better attitude than in years past

I am now glad that Fernandez & Rahal have left because we now are a group of Owners that truly want to be here. And an Ownership Group that isn't beholden to Shareholders.

In the Past you were waiting for the Next shoe to drop... Now we have Owners that have multiple alternate plans in place to circumvent the Traitorous Rabble.

It was gut wrenching and exhausting to wake up and see one more obstical in the way

Looking forward to a Great Season!!