PDA

View Full Version : Tracy speaks...

scanman
04-20-04, 10:32 AM
He pointed out that when drivers such as Tony Kanaan, Dario Franchitti
and Adrian Fernandez -- who have since defected to the Indy Racing League
-- competed at Long Beach it was a procession of crashes that slowed the
races to a crawl.
"When all of the star drivers were here, everybody was crashing into each other," :D

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2004/04/20/429100.html

CART T. Katz
04-20-04, 12:02 PM
coompletely off topic, but the best quote in that article goes to bobby labonte hands down:

"If I could have got to him I would have probably hit him and spun him out. Seriously, you ask (Wallace), the best story would have been if I would have hit him coming out of Turn 4 on the last lap, flipped him over, he would have burst into flames, slid down the front stretch on his roof shooting flames and sparks and still won the race. That would have been perfect for him."

Don Quixote
04-20-04, 12:36 PM
OMG, that Labonte quote is a doozie. I guess I don't get redneck humor. :gomer:

pchall
04-20-04, 02:08 PM
"When all of the star drivers were here, everybody was crashing into each other," :D

The funniest thing is that all those erstwhile CART stars are still managing to crash into each other even when they are just driving in circles. :gomer:

Jay
04-20-04, 02:19 PM
I'm a huge fan of Paul's but....I have to say, they didn't crash into each other because after the first corner they were never close enough to each other for that to even be a possibility - never mind even the possibility of an overtaking maneuver. It may have just been the poor feed we had, but after the first corner, the only move I remember was Lavin on Dominguez out of the pits. That said, I'd still take it any day over ANY oval race....

Dougrun
04-20-04, 06:54 PM
there was plenty of moves, they just didn't show anything on spike. I was there! I saw lots of nose-to-tail racing.

JT265
04-20-04, 07:02 PM
there was plenty of moves, they just didn't show anything on spike. I was there! I saw lots of nose-to-tail racing.

Of course there was plenty of racing. Poor Jay has been "concerned" about this "but", ever since the checkered flag fell.

scanman
04-20-04, 10:06 PM
Of course there was plenty of racing. Poor Jay has been "concerned" about this "but", ever since the checkered flag fell.
Ahhh Yes...the big"butt" :D

Dave99
04-20-04, 10:19 PM
I have to say, they didn't crash into each other because after the first corner they were never close enough to each other for that to even be a possibility
True but there was still the potential for single-car crashes, similar to Kanaan in 99 (running all by himself in the lead) or Max(?) into the turn 9 tire wall in 01.
The fact that the rooks and wanks kept it off the walls this year was a big relief.