PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new

Rogue Leader
04-19-04, 07:45 PM
Rabbit told me about this place from the hk94 forums. My name is Tom and I'm a wanna be race car driver. (its like an AA meeting). Ive been watching Champ Car races for longer than I can remember (according to my folks), and I have been lurking here for about 2 weeks now and this seems like a cool place. Ive finally found a forum with good educated racing viewpoints!

A little about me, Im an Insurance Agent for GEICO, but I'm also an avid autocrosser for the past 5 years and the Regional Chief of Tech for the SCCA NY Region Solo II. Im also on the second rung of the Skip Barber champ car ladder, I'm HOPING to be running this season in the Formula Dodge eastern regionals, however the sponsorship money I was counting on hasn't come though, Im looking to run a testing and limited schedule this season and I have a partnership with another race driver friend to help us both get sponsored, which I'll tell you all more about as it comes to fruition (its a cool new idea and we may parlay it to help many young race drivers like me who dont have the advantages of Nelson Philipe, et al). Ive also scored a test date with a local Formula Renault team later on this summer which should be interesting... that will need a LOT more sponsorship cash lol. Getting Sponsorship is a PITA, but most of us know that...

Back to Champ Car, PT rocks, but I'm an Alex Tagliani fan because he has helped me out with some good advice on my racing career (he is the nicest sports star you could ever meet and went out of his way BY FAR to help me out, I'll never forget something like that). I met Sam Posey too last summer, hes also a pretty cool guy. I hope to be a good contributor to this forum, and thanks for letting me in!

oh and FTG!!! :gomer:

--Tom

devilmaster
04-19-04, 07:55 PM
Welcome sir! :thumbup:

We'll probably overlook the fact that rabbit is your contact..... ;) (i'm still peeved at the 'article' he wrote about me..... :D

Steve

RTKar
04-19-04, 08:06 PM
Welcome, sounds like you're having a little fun racing around. :thumbup:

lone_groover
04-19-04, 08:08 PM
Welcome Rogue!

As Diablo said, it's great to have you, despite the lepine connection.

:)

Sean O'Gorman
04-19-04, 08:13 PM
Welcome, always glad to have another CART fan here and especially a fellow autocrosser. I think you'll find we're a good group, and I doubt very many people here will go out of their way to give you a hard time when considering what forum you came from. ;)

Rogue Leader
04-19-04, 08:25 PM
Sean: LMAO thats very true hehehehehehehe :D

RTKar: Little fun??? hehe when I got out of the race car after running some hot laps at Daytona I said (loudly) "I can die with a smile now!"

Thanks everyone!!

fourrunner
04-19-04, 08:41 PM
Welcome Rogue Leader !

Good to have you aboard... :thumbup:

nz_climber
04-19-04, 08:46 PM
Welcome to OC pull up a chair and grab a beer :D :thumbup:

racer2c
04-19-04, 09:07 PM
Hi RL. I can tell already your an OC man. It's good to read a first post that doesn't start, "I'm a big Champ Car fan but...". :)

I don't do auto cross, but I have many PPG Indy Car/CART/ChampCar hats that I wear when I'm driving. Usually one at a time.\

My other claim to fame is that the legendary BiF mentioned moi in one of his rants! (the lone_groover thinks I'm a woman because I say things like moi).

I like comedy, long walks on the beach and kittens.

Seriously though...OC is home to many of the Champ Car forum elite and from my own perspective, it's a pleasure to be among them. I've learned an incredible amount about the sport over the years from them. And then there's Brickman. (just kidding Brick). He's a good sport.

I spend way to much too much time here as you can probably guess by my goofiness, but it really is a fine place to be. Welcome and cheers!

Don Quixote
04-19-04, 10:09 PM
Welcome Rogue Leader! Feel free to chime right in.

JT265
04-19-04, 11:18 PM
Like they ^^^ said. Welcome!! (or, if you're close to Quebec, bienvenue! ;))

Oh, and let me introduce you to Mapguy, I believe you guys are almost neighbors, and Mappy is a wannabe Vee driver, who some claim can turn a hot lap faster than ToeKnee George can dispurse a crowd!

Anyway, have fun, and if you have any questions, don't bother asking me cause I'm no expert.

<but I do play one on TV>

:D

rabbit
04-20-04, 12:05 AM
Welcome sir! :thumbup:

We'll probably overlook the fact that rabbit is your contact..... ;) (i'm still peeved at the 'article' he wrote about me..... :D

SteveAww, c'mon. Haven't you ever heard there is no such thing as bad press? At least I spelled your name right! :gomer:

cart7
04-20-04, 05:39 AM
Did you bring any beer? :confused:

Seriously, welcome Rogue Leader. :thumbup:

Rogue Leader
04-20-04, 07:46 AM
Beer??

I have some Tecate over here :)

ChampcarShark
04-20-04, 05:44 PM
Beer??

I have some Tecate over here :)

Only if it was bought at a GIGANTE STORE. ;)
I think we preffer Corona in this site.

Anyways, Welcome.

JT265
04-20-04, 07:05 PM
Only if it was bought at a GIGANTE STORE. ;)
I think we preffer Corona in this site.

Anyways, Welcome.

Mexican beer?!?!?!?!?

Why don't I buy Mexican beer?

Why don't I buy a Morrocan snowmobile?

or a Japanese hotdog?

or how about a pair of Italian hip waders?
<for those that are following me, I'd pay a premium for the hipwaders. ;)>

or maybe a pair of Jamaican snowshoes?

Why don't I buy Mexican beer?

because.......

I

AM

CANADIAN!!!!!!!!

Rogue Leader
04-20-04, 07:28 PM
I

AM

CANADIAN!!!!!!!!

I prefer Molson XXX actually :)

Jag_Warrior
04-20-04, 07:30 PM
Rogue Leader: The SKS Dude. :thumbup:

Welcome!

Anteater
04-20-04, 10:08 PM
Welcome, Rogue Leader! This is a fine place; I'm pretty new here myself, and enjoy this forum tremendously.

G.
04-21-04, 12:02 PM
Yo. :thumbup:

Everyone should have at least one SKS.