PDA

View Full Version : That Wonderful Hollywood PR Machine

fourrunner
04-19-04, 07:39 PM
"EXTRA's" Fictionalized version of Yesterdays Tom Cruise 2 Seater ride

That Wonderful Hollywood PR Machine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watching "EXTRA" tonite and they had a Segment on Tom Cruise at the Long Beach Grand Prix

Scene 1 - Video of Champ Car negotiating the circuit of the "Long Beach Grand Prix" voiceover ( No ChampCar mention )

Scene 2 - Photo of Tom Cruise & Paul Newman reuniting (voiceover)

Scene 3 - Video of "Days of Thunder" race scene with mention that Tom was reliving his Racing Experiences from that Movie

Scene 4 - Photo of Tom in Cockpit of 2 seater, ONLY all we're shown is a tight shot of Tom in the Cockpit leading one to believe he's flying solo in a single seater

Absolutely no inkling it was the Spike TV two seater, leading the uninformed to believe Tom was Driving the Car in the opening scene.

PR Bonanza for "risk taker" Open Wheel afficianado Tom Cruise !

devilmaster
04-19-04, 07:49 PM
"EXTRA's" Fictionalized version of Yesterdays Tom Cruise 2 Seater ride

That Wonderful Hollywood PR Machine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watching "EXTRA" tonite and they had a Segment on Tom Cruise at the Long Beach Grand Prix

Scene 1 - Video of Champ Car negotiating the circuit of the "Long Beach Grand Prix" voiceover ( No ChampCar mention )

Scene 2 - Photo of Tom Cruise & Paul Newman reuniting (voiceover)

Scene 3 - Video of "Days of Thunder" race scene with mention that Tom was reliving his Racing Experiences from that Movie

Scene 4 - Photo of Tom in Cockpit of 2 seater, ONLY all we're shown is a tight shot of Tom in the Cockpit leading one to believe he's flying solo in a single seater

Absolutely no inkling it was the Spike TV two seater, leading the uninformed to believe Tom was Driving the Car in the opening scene.

So......... why haven't we started a rumour that he's making Days O' Thunder 2......... ;)

I mean, if you remember the first, when Cole Trickle was asked about where he wanted to go, he replied (to the effect) "Indy. But my name's not Andretti or Unser.... Stock cars are pretty much the same......"

They can go into his dream for Indy, talk about the split, the team he drives for wants to switch, he fights it. Paul can be his mentor again like in 'Colour of Money'......

I can see it now. It'll either be great, like that Stallone movie 'Rocky' or else it'll be like that stallone movie 'driven'. :D

Steve

fourrunner
04-19-04, 07:57 PM
So......... why haven't we started a rumour that he's making Days O' Thunder 2......... ;)

I mean, if you remember the first, when Cole Trickle was asked about where he wanted to go, he replied (to the effect) "Indy. But my name's not Andretti or Unser.... Stock cars are pretty much the same......"

They can go into his dream for Indy, talk about the split, the team he drives for wants to switch, he fights it. Paul can be his mentor again like in 'Colour of Money'......

I can see it now. It'll either be great, like that Stallone movie 'Rocky' or else it'll be like that stallone movie 'driven'. :D

Steve

lol - Hey - like the "Pseudo Promo" on EXTRA Tonite - No Publicity is bad publicity

Toms character in the new movie could be " Just A.Trickle "

badumpbump ;)

devilmaster
04-19-04, 08:04 PM
Toms character in the new movie could be " Just A.Trickle "

badumpbump ;)

Ya know, you forgot the apostrophe in the word Toms. Which way is it? Cause:

If it's Tom's that means Cruise and I'll agree.
If it's Toms', that changes everything, and the character name should be "Just A. Dick"

:runs:
:D
Steve

fourrunner
04-19-04, 08:15 PM
LMAO!!! :rofl:

That ought to bring him out tonite !! ;)

Hot Daug
04-20-04, 12:54 AM

They should have used a pic like this
http://www.champweb.net/gallery_view.php?c=gal2004_01c&id=626

cart7
04-20-04, 05:32 AM

Steve
We'll get the guy from Willy Wonka who played the evil Slugworth to represent Honda. He'll be popping out behind trailers and johnnies in the paddock at each race trying to entice him with wads of cash and a contract to crossover to the other side. ;)

devilmaster
04-20-04, 12:02 PM
Ya know, you forgot the apostrophe in the word Toms. Which way is it? Cause:

If it's Tom's that means Cruise and I'll agree.
If it's Toms', that changes everything, and the character name should be "Just A. Dick"

:runs:
:D
Steve

To the person I was mentioning, It was just a joke, my friend....

Steve

JT265
04-20-04, 02:36 PM
et tu Stevie??? :shakehead

:rofl:

JT265
04-20-04, 02:39 PM
PS: I never seen the original until this am, and I gotta admit it WAS funny, in a sick, depraved sorta Windsor (WINDSOR?!?!?! Why in God's name do I live in WINDSOR?!?!?) kinda way.

devilmaster
04-20-04, 02:46 PM
PS: I never seen the original until this am, and I gotta admit it WAS funny, in a sick, depraved sorta Windsor (WINDSOR?!?!?! Why in God's name do I live in WINDSOR?!?!?) kinda way.

its 2:45 pm... chat? :D

Steve