PDA

View Full Version : Autoweek chimes in

Railbird
04-19-04, 07:00 PM
article (http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=motorsportsnews&loc_code=index&content_code=02268063)

“Don’t read too much into [the Toyota] connection,”

Don Quixote
04-19-04, 07:39 PM
I haven't seen this much positive press in ages. :cool:

nissan gtp
04-19-04, 07:58 PM
most positive autoweak writeup in a very long time.

if they'd done that last year, I might still subscribe

Corner5
04-19-04, 08:11 PM
Best I've seen so far! :thumbup:

I like the part about CC fans being "younger and richer"! ;) :D

fourrunner
04-19-04, 08:13 PM
Only ridiculous statement in the article...

Long Beach 2004 was essentially the Long Beach of the previous 20 years. But Long Beach has traded series twice in its history, and it got stronger with each change. Champ Car has one more year to demonstrate conclusively that the loyalty-—and dollars generated--is loyalty to a race series more than an event.

Got stronger with each change ... agreed, BUT THAT'S THE END OF THAT TREND if it changes again to the IRL!!

A Freshman at a Business School for the Stupid could figure that one out!

RTKar
04-19-04, 08:13 PM
Best I've seen so far! :thumbup:

I like the part about CC fans being "younger and richer"! ;) :D

Oh geez....leaves me out.

cart7
04-20-04, 05:42 AM
Oh geez....leaves me out.
Really! I'm afraid I can't live up to those expectations either. :D

sadams
04-20-04, 07:15 AM
Do the demographics across the typical Champ Car fan and I believe you'll find yonger, better educated and therefore richer fans than most other series with the expection of ALMS and I'd bet ALMS and CC share their fan base.

Sorry Earler's them's the facts.

Good the see Autoweek jump back on this side, only proves they will do whatever it takes to sell paper. They blow like the wind.

Rogue Leader
04-20-04, 07:49 AM
Autoweek on ChampCar's side... hmm is this a sign of the impending DEATH of the IRL??? :D

I watched their season opener and there were more people in the stands for the 24 hours of Daytona (traditionally not packed stands) than for that... and they cut the camera angles to hide the empty bleachers, even the filled bleachers were spotty.. I dont know how they survive... CART may have been on the rocks, but you rarely ever saw anything as empty as that!