PDA

View Full Version : PT is on Windbag tonight

Cam
04-19-04, 06:12 PM
RM just said on ESPN 950 that PT will be on right after his segment tonight.

Steve99
04-19-04, 08:42 PM
Any idea if he is the main guest, or a phone in?

FanofMario
04-20-04, 12:04 AM
He was super! :thumbup: The "sellout" comment was priceless---unfortunately ole Windbag didn't follow up on it. :rolleyes: PT and Paul Newman are putting a good face for OWRS. Hope others will follow soon(Mario I hope!).

CART T. Katz
04-20-04, 12:21 AM
anyone here care to recap the entire show for those of us who don't have nascar tv?

mapguy
04-20-04, 05:34 AM
He was super! :thumbup: The "sellout" comment was priceless---unfortunately ole Windbag didn't follow up on it.
I don't get Speed. What did he say?

Turn7
04-20-04, 07:50 AM
I don't get Speed. What did he say?

He gave you a shout out, then told you to put your pants on.

Don Quixote
04-20-04, 08:53 AM
PT was great. The sellout comment was about the sellout owners, and I think he was mostly refering to AF and BR. Tracy also had some kind words for Dale Coyne, refering to Coyne's loyalty and the fact that he is a true racer, the highest possible praise from a race car driver. This is a guy that always mentions the fans. He also gave a mock apology for going wire to wire, something like "when I get out in front, I don't like to give up the lead". He said that Bruno was saying the same things in the truck during the victory lap that he said in the TV interview. When asked about a possible NASCAR ride he once again said that he wants to road race in open wheel cars as long as he is competitive. Every time he gives that answer the clear implication is that it doesn't take much skill to drive a cab. This man is the ambassador for Champcar, and he does it well. There is nothing rehearsed or insincere, he speaks his mind and speaks from the heart.

Corner5
04-20-04, 11:02 AM
I especially liked his props to Coyne for being a true racer and loyal to the series he loves. great interview! :thumbup:

Old3Fan
04-20-04, 11:18 AM
I saw the interview and Paul was great as usual. He tells it like he see's it and he is funny to boot. The sellout comment hit the nail on the head and in addition to Fernandez and Rahal, I think he was also including Penske, Ganassi and Andretti. :thumbup: :gomer: