PDA

View Full Version : Andretti on Rome show now

Napoleon
02-03-03, 01:45 PM
:mad:

Napoleon
02-03-03, 01:48 PM
I missed the first part but some jems in the last few minutes

On going to the IRL “a lot” of it the sponsors “Honda, for one, a big part of this”

Then he bashes C^RT by saying that IRL has the momentum and that only one would survive sometime in the future and that “its getting to that point”

Everyone call in he is taking calls

I think his e-mail is rome@haveatake.com

Napoleon
02-03-03, 01:50 PM
Now some freaking pro golfer (john cook) who knows Mikey calls in

Napoleon
02-03-03, 01:52 PM
Guy from Cleveland calls about them picking up Cleveland

Mikey says he hopes they pick up road courses like long beach and cleveland and then mentions that the cars are now designed for it so that ought to give you clues on where they are going

Napoleon
02-03-03, 01:58 PM
Now a guy calls in about talking to Dario at Cleveland and says Dario says he was not too happy with the IRL.

Mike says Darios happy now with the new Crapwagons which he says is like mid 90s cart car

Then 2 gomers in a row from Indy

then some butt kissing about TG

Then talks about how good Dario is and Dan W.

Every line is lit up on the show

Napoleon
02-03-03, 02:08 PM
I think they said the number is

800 636 8686

Napoleon
02-03-03, 02:10 PM
YES

The first CART fan calls in

Jerry from LA calls and says Mario is in favor of C^RT and its on the rebounding

Mikey "Mario is not a supporter of CART he just likes road racing" "He is closer to joining us" "I had no choice but go to the IRL"

Napoleon
02-03-03, 02:14 PM
now a cunuck with some F1 questions.

SOmeone from Denver "I am switching to IRL as a fan because of you" (What is the chance this guy is Hondafan from 7G).

He ask what does it have for him as a fan since no road racing

Mikey bashes racing in C^RT in response

Napoleon
02-03-03, 02:18 PM
Doug in Cleveland calls about the future of CART and IRL coming together, which gives Mikey the chance to talk about the coming demise of C^RT.

End of Mikey on Rome, but Rome will be taking calls to talk about what Mikey said

Napoleon
02-03-03, 02:21 PM
link to listen live or to the archive of the show when posted.

http://www.jimrome.com/

Napoleon
02-03-03, 02:28 PM
I have to apologize to Spook about my previous opinion that Mikey took every chance to take the low road and bash C^RT.

I don't know what I was thinking.

:rolleyes:

racer2c
02-03-03, 02:28 PM
Mikey "Mario is not a supporter of CART he just likes road racing" "He is closer to joining us" "I had no choice but go to the IRL"

That hits right in my gut. It goes against Mario's own words. He is on the CART BoD, but man, this is his son so...

:saywhat:

spook
02-03-03, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
I have to apologize to Spook about my previous opinion that Mikey took every chance to take the low road and bash C^RT.

I don't know what I was thinking.

:rolleyes:

You hear what you want to hear. I heard a lot more about close finishes in the IRL races than I did any CART "bashing". He is in the IRL now, so naturally he is going to speak positively about the series. He spoke honestly about his dad. He probably knows more about Mario's frame of mind, then, say, YOU.

BTW - apology accepted. ;)

spook
02-03-03, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
now a cunuck with some F1 questions.

SOmeone from Denver "I am switching to IRL as a fan because of you" (What is the chance this guy is Hondafan from 7G).

He ask what does it have for him as a fan since no road racing

Mikey bashes racing in C^RT in response

He didn't bash. He talked about how this particular fan could look forward to more super-close finishes in the IRL. He talked about how CART's rule package last year wasn't conducive to good racing - do you actually argue that?!?!?

Napoleon
02-03-03, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by spook
You hear what you want to hear. I heard a lot more about close finishes in the IRL races than I did any CART "bashing".

Then you are simply lying. He didn't just talk up the IRL, but felt the need to say someting negative about C^RT.

[self edit out what others felt uncalled for]

spirit_of_99
02-03-03, 02:37 PM
Boy, he makes me :mad:

rabbit
02-03-03, 02:49 PM
Mark your calendars folks. The civility lasted 33 days.:shakehead