PDA

View Full Version : Commercials!

Andrew Longman
04-19-04, 09:58 AM
Where's the outrage?

I almost didn't visit here today because I thought you'd all be screaming about the lack of actual race coverage.

There were points again and again in the middle of the race when they'd go to five minutes of commercials, then return to show a repeated segment from Dangerous Curves, do a pit interview, go to showing Tracy go through a few slow turns, then Jenkins says, "Tracy still in the lead. We'll be back after this"

Five minutes of racing without showing racing, then five minutes of commercials, again and again.

Was I watching the same broadcast?

Yes there were some longer segments towards the end, but I felt like I was watching a peep-show... No, don't go yet, come back! Just another minute!

I like that there clearly was advertiser interest, much more than last year.

-- Production quality was excellent.
--Tags wife is definitely working.
-- TK seemed muted.
-- Jenkins has to learn to pronounce names of anyone not native to Indiana. --- Dangerous Curves was good, but I don't need to watch now that I know they will replay it in its entirety during the race.
-- Spike promos were excellent (my favorite: you'd get passed at 140mph)
-- More in cars please. Please anything that shows on track action
-- Good to see focus on drivers. I don't care, but may apparently do.

racer2c
04-19-04, 10:04 AM
I think we're all just happy we have Champ Car. The first race is a gimmy.

cartgal
04-19-04, 10:07 AM
Quote----Dangerous Curves was good, but I don't need to watch now that I know they will replay it in its entirety during the race.

Just what I thought!!

Gotta say, I watched the race as "tape-delay" in my house. Had to be a 4:00 dinner for Father-in-law's 80th birthday. Sometimes you have to put family ahead of ChampCars. ;) So commercials were not an issue. And I will confess to fast-forwarding through some of the race -- and so missed TK's crack pipe comment.

Cam
04-19-04, 10:37 AM
Where's the outrage?

Five minutes of racing without showing racing, then five minutes of commercials, again and again.

Was I watching the same broadcast?

Race Director video feed 1 was the same feed that went to HDNet. :D Comercial came on TV I just flicked from the incar on the laptop to the live feed. Voila! No breaks in the racing action! :cool:

RJC1
04-19-04, 10:44 AM
Yep, commercials were brutal. Between that and Jenkins it was difficult for me to keep interested in the race during the middle part of the broadcast. I think I'd take more commercials and less Jenkins over the other way around though. But I guess that's what the mute button is for.

Andrew Longman
04-19-04, 12:29 PM
I think we're all just happy we have Champ Car. The first race is a gimmy.

Yes I am pleased as punch.

I just thought it was important that Champcar/Spike know that we are happy they are on the air, but they only get a few "gimmies"

skidmarks
04-19-04, 12:34 PM
What commercials?

HDnet, commercial free. :D