PDA

View Full Version : What PT Said...

JoeBob
04-18-04, 06:03 PM
Thanks to Gerry Forsythe, Kevin Kalkhoven, Paul Gentilozzi, Ford, Bridgestone, Spike, and everyone else who made Long Beach possible!

Great first broadcast by the guys at beetleguise too! I expected a lot of growing pains, but they looked pretty polished.

Congrats to everyone involved, especially PT. His move into turn 1 is going to be hard to beat for "pass of the year" and the season just started.

DaveL
04-18-04, 06:06 PM
It was very gracious Paul to thank the parties he mentioned, as well as the fans.

All I can say is thank YOU Paul for your loyalty to the fans of Champcars. I have no doubt that he could be sitting on top of a big pile of Honda or Toyota yen to drive around in circles, but he stayed with the series that made him a star.

Why was today's race great? Because it happened despite all of the concerted efforts by those whom I will not name to make sure it wouldn't.

Don Quixote
04-18-04, 06:06 PM
PT was pure class. Bruno on the other hands need a lesson or two!

Old3Fan
04-18-04, 06:09 PM
I second what PT said :thumbup:

Bruno clueless as usual :thumdown:

KLang
04-18-04, 06:10 PM
You're welcome Paul, and thank YOU.

Old3Fan
04-18-04, 06:12 PM
:thumbup: I second what PT said.

:thumdown: Bruno complaining as usual.

JT265
04-18-04, 06:12 PM
Agreed. :thumbup:

Wally
04-18-04, 06:13 PM
Well done and well said PT. Congrats!!! :thumbup:

fourrunner
04-18-04, 06:17 PM
PT is so much more relaxed this year... Plus he knows he's the Star in Champ Car, and he's comfortable in that role

Bruno tried to short brake PT in turn one, then PT's quick reflexes plus Push to Pass do the trick and Bruno is left talking to himself and figuring out how he can blame the rules or some other driver instead of trying to pass Paul later.

PT concentrated on Training in the Off Season

Bruno went to the Michael Andretti School of Bitchin & Moanin !

Jay
04-18-04, 06:23 PM
Definately have to back up PT - we as fans, owe him a ton for sticking with this series when so many others turned the other way. Not to mention Gerry Forsythe, Kevin Kalkhoven and Paul Gentilozzi!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Insomniac
04-18-04, 06:32 PM
The fans thank him!

Hot Rod Otis
04-18-04, 08:42 PM
Glad to hear PT thank the fans. In all the s**** thats been going on, we're the ones that always gwt forgotten and crapped all over. :thumbup:

To Bruno: STFU :cry: :cry:

RTKar
04-18-04, 08:51 PM
Good to hear that from PT and I truly believe he's sincere. Something as good as what CART had been cannot be left to die. Hopefully what is going on in OWRS HQ is but the tip of the spear.

Railbird
04-18-04, 08:58 PM
Good deal all around

I'm ready to go to Milwaukee.

Ziggy
04-18-04, 09:05 PM
Fans have really been run through the ringer on these issues the past several months. It was nice of Paul to say thank you to fans right out of the car.

A class gesture, and another step in the right direction. Tracy has really been around. The engraving of his likeness from his first victory really put this in perspective... the guy has been in a bunch of Champcar races, and for the most part, was a factor in each and every one. His first couple of starts where non memorable, but after the broken leg at Michigan, he has been pushing the loud pedal pretty hard ever since.

Jim Vasser is another who stuck around, he is another bright spot from the past.

Ziggy

FRANKY
04-18-04, 10:34 PM
Jim Vasser is another who stuck around, he is another bright spot from the past.

Ziggy

I really agree. His heart soul and probably his paycheck are in it. He never walked away or looked at anything else.

Jervis Tetch 1
04-18-04, 10:47 PM
Honestly I'd rather listen to Bruno complain than Helio say "I tell you..."

Shadow
04-18-04, 11:54 PM
Honestly I'd rather listen to Bruno complain than Helio say "I tell you..."

yes, you have something there. I can't stand watching Helio anymore - he is just a bad actor. Comes across phony as hell.

FRANKY
04-19-04, 12:08 AM
yes, you have something there. I can't stand watching Helio anymore - he is just a bad actor. Comes across phony as hell.

Of course. After the first fence and real tears it became his trademark.

manic mechanic
04-19-04, 12:22 AM
Glad to hear PT thank the fans. In all the s**** thats been going on, we're the ones that always gwt forgotten and crapped all over. :thumbup:

To Bruno: STFU

Ya know, I'm glad to hear Paul has matured enough to give a :thumbup: to what's important.

I thanked Kalkhoven personally this weekend, and HE THANKED ME for just being a fan.

HOWEVER:

I think this management group should strap their new CEO in the back of the 2 seater and let PT sling him around for a few laps... The guy needs to learn a bit more about the product :D .

As for Bruno..He's pissed at himself (and rightfully so). Whining is his way of "kicking himself in the butt" :shakehead

manic

FRANKY
04-19-04, 12:26 AM
Ya know, I'm glad to hear Paul has matured enough to give a :thumbup: to what's important.

I thanked Kalkhoven personally this weekend, and HE THANKED ME for just being a fan.

HOWEVER:

I think this management group should strap their new CEO in the back of the 2 seater and let PT sling him around for a few laps... The guy needs to learn a bit more about the product :D .

As for Bruno..He's pissed at himself (and rightfully so). Whining is his way of "kicking himself in the butt" :shakehead

manic

That's the way I look at it. Besides, who would we have to "whine" about if he weren't whining?