PDA

View Full Version : Bruno, enough with the whining!

Don Quixote
04-18-04, 06:03 PM
Give it a rest! You finished second, be gracious, and try to do better next time. :shakehead

DaveL
04-18-04, 06:08 PM
I checked my Portuguse/English dictionary.

Bruno=Rusty, Junquira=Wallace.

KLang
04-18-04, 06:09 PM
What about the rules was he whining about? :confused:

Wally
04-18-04, 06:11 PM
Another brain fart, stacks the field in the first turn taking out three cars(Including Jeemy)
Then claims the rules prevented him from winning......... :shakehead

scanman
04-18-04, 06:14 PM
Booo hooo :cry:

CARTNUT
04-18-04, 06:20 PM
I can't believe he said that: "pit early...save fuel to the end" but the RULES prevented him from winning! If he had RACED he prolly would have won. How STUPID can you be!

CRONGRATS to PT!!!

'NUT :gomer:

Insomniac
04-18-04, 06:31 PM
He tried a strategy and lost. The save fuel startegy doesn't always win. You're always best off pushing hard. Any other way and you just hope to win.

Jay
04-18-04, 06:34 PM
His strategy lost him the race, but I'm not sure why people should expect anything different from Bruno by now - you know he's going to whine, so why should we whine about his whining. Heck, why am I whining about fans whining about whining? I should have expected that by now...

That said, I haven't met many drivers that didn't whine when things didn't go their way... seems to come with the business a bit...

Insomniac
04-18-04, 06:48 PM
His strategy lost him the race, but I'm not sure why people should expect anything different from Bruno by now - you know he's going to whine, so why should we whine about his whining. Heck, why am I whining about fans whining about whining? I should have expected that by now...

That said, I haven't met many drivers that didn't whine when things didn't go their way... seems to come with the business a bit...

He normally whines, but at least you had an idea of where he was coming from.

Ziggy
04-18-04, 08:20 PM
While I give Bruno his props for being able to drive a car, when it comes to speaking, he should hang it up. He comes across as a total azzbag. He could have gotten no closer to Paul Tracy with a liquid rocket engine hooked up to his push to pass button. He should accept second place, say congrats, and look forward to the next race.

and he did bring the field to the starters stand too slow..... so screw him

Ziggy

Riverside
04-18-04, 08:36 PM
Too bad there aren't points awarded for whining, Bruno
would definitely be the champ. :p

JoeBob
04-18-04, 08:42 PM
Does anybody know if there is any truth to the rumor that the director cut away from him before we had a chance to hear him say, "If anybody has seen my jock strap, please return it to me. I last saw it somewhere around Turn one, right after the green flag."

Another unsubstantiated rumor is that after the race, Paul Newman called Bruno into the transporter, where the following was overheard, "Bruno, when we hired you to fill Christian Fittipaldi's role on the team, we simply meant that we wanted you to drive that car."

Don Quixote
04-18-04, 09:09 PM
JoeBob :thumbup:

DaveL
04-18-04, 09:18 PM
Another unsubstantiated rumor is that after the race, Paul Newman called Bruno into the transporter, where the following was overheard, "Bruno, when we hired you to fill Christian Fittipaldi's role on the team, we simply meant that we wanted you to drive that car."

That's what my sources are saying too! :D

Methanolandbrats
04-18-04, 09:24 PM
He'll probably roll around with his sister tonight and then he'll feel better.

Spicoli
04-18-04, 09:41 PM
He'll probably roll around with his sister tonight and then he'll feel better.

I heard Gaylio stopped in at LB on his way back from Nippon. Bet that motorhome is a-rockin 2 nite! :saywhat:

Seriously - enough of that guy.

TravelGal
04-18-04, 09:48 PM
Yeah, really. :rolleyes: He's blaming RULES? Like no one else has the same rules? Tracy's strategy was to run as long and as hard as he could. He never wimps out. Bruno, put a cork in it.

lone_groover
04-18-04, 10:03 PM
Bruno whines because he cares.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

FRANKY
04-18-04, 10:26 PM

Bruno=Rusty, Junquira=Wallace.

No Rusty won today.
:p

RaceGrrl
04-18-04, 10:35 PM

Good point. We'll know that the transformation is complete when we see Junky applaud the driver who takes him out of a race.

Jervis Tetch 1
04-18-04, 10:45 PM

Bruno=Rusty, Junquira=Wallace.Was that posted before or after Rusty won?

:eek:

FRANKY
04-18-04, 10:48 PM
"Bruno, when we hired you to fill Christian Fittipaldi's role on the team, we simply meant that we wanted you to drive that car."

Now that is funny! :laugh: And probably true.

Jervis Tetch 1
04-18-04, 10:50 PM
Hey, I said this in another post, but I'll say it here since this thread is better suited.

I'd rather hear Bruno whine than Helio say "I tell you..."

And I bet the lot of you would too.

tomahawk
04-18-04, 10:53 PM
He's a prima donna...always has been. Thinks he owns the track and everyone else should point him by. Also upset that his F1 chances are fading. He's pissed off because he's not JPM. Guess what Bruno, you never will be either!

:tomahawk

audi quattro
04-18-04, 10:58 PM
Hey, I said this in another post, but I'll say it here since this thread is better suited.

I'd rather hear Bruno whine than Helio say "I tell you..."

And I bet the lot of you would too.

You know he gets that from liver spots!
He uses it wayyyyyyy too much.

Shadow
04-18-04, 11:50 PM
While I give Bruno his props for being able to drive a car, when it comes to speaking, he should hang it up. He comes across as a total azzbag. He could have gotten no closer to Paul Tracy with a liquid rocket engine hooked up to his push to pass button. He should accept second place, say congrats, and look forward to the next race.

and he did bring the field to the starters stand too slow..... so screw him

Ziggy

I had forgotten they have played with the points for this year. When you go the the CCWS web site and look at the distribution it makes you wonder. Tracy got 32, Junky 29 and Vasser 5. I think they blew it.