PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone presents the.....................

JT265
04-18-04, 05:57 PM
Paul Tracy driving clinic Powered by Ford!!!!!

As you were!!!! :thumbup:

Opposite Lock
04-18-04, 06:03 PM
Good race, except for the opening incident. WHY do I keep voting for Vasser?
:)

Insomniac
04-18-04, 06:03 PM
Paul Tracy driving clinic Powered by Ford!!!!!

As you were!!!! :thumbup:

Hehe, congrats PT. Nice way to start the season again. :thumbup:

Jay
04-18-04, 06:04 PM
Good driving from Paul to bring it home, but I'm very concerned by the lack of any kind of a race... Was there a single pass for position? I haven't seen a race that boring since the 2002 F1 season. :thumdown:

I suppose we should be very glad that there was any race at all... Also, I do remember last year at the start of the season there wasn't much passing as many of the rookies were still figuring out the cars - perhaps that is the case this year.

However, I have no doubt that the lack of a race had a lot to do with the new rules as well. If that's the type of race that CART is going to be putting on consistently this season, then I'm not sure why we bothered. Something has to be done.

JoeBob
04-18-04, 06:06 PM
Uh... PT's pass for the lead in turn one. Bruno still doesn't know what hit him!

fourrunner
04-18-04, 06:10 PM
Bruno sure hated the pass... Thinks Passing at the first turn should be dissallowed unless its him ! ;)

At least when you Whine Bruno - make it when you get screwed, not when you get snookered ! :cry:

JT265
04-18-04, 06:10 PM
Good driving from Paul to bring it home, but I'm very concerned by the lack of any kind of a race... Was there a single pass for position? I haven't seen a race that boring since the 2002 F1 season. :thumdown:

I suppose we should be very glad that there was any race at all... Also, I do remember last year at the start of the season there wasn't much passing as many of the rookies were still figuring out the cars - perhaps that is the case this year.

However, I have no doubt that the lack of a race had a lot to do with the new rules as well. If that's the type of race that CART is going to be putting on consistently this season, then I'm not sure why we bothered. Something has to be done.

Uh, like JoeBob said. P3 to P1 on the 1st turn of the 1st lap. Maybe you would be better served watching earl in Motegi.

WAIT!!!!! There was No pass for the lead on that race!!!! Hmm. Maybe you could watch Nascar. After all, rubbin's racin'. (or so they say)

Or better yet, you could log out and log back in as tbyars. :gomer:

Jay
04-18-04, 06:26 PM
SORRY GUYS!! MY BAD!! I made a mistake! :o

I did forget the first pass of the race - it was an amazing move by PT and I give him full credit!!

After the first corner though, the race was the most boring one I've seen in ages though... the cars rarely got close enough to even consider a pass - even Monaco produces a lot more action than that.

JT265, sorry, I only post under this name - you're the one mistaken there.

Insomniac
04-18-04, 06:37 PM
Bruno sure hated the pass... Thinks Passing at the first turn should be dissallowed unless its him ! ;)

At least when you Whine Bruno - make it when you get screwed, not when you get snookered ! :cry:

I give full credit to PT. His reflexes were fast. I'd like to here more about that pass.

L1P1
04-18-04, 06:52 PM
I think the blame for the bad race has to go to PT for checking out early and schooling the rest of the field. Even so, I think the PtP and Option tires kept my interest level up. Knowing that PT would be doing his last stint on tires he didn't like kept the suspense level up.

In the end I didn't see the option tires affecting much but it will always be an unknown. Perhaps a hotter day would've made a big difference.