PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Phillipe

RTKar
04-18-04, 04:19 PM
Isn't he still on his learners permit since he's only 17....doesn't that mean he has to drive the two seater with a grown-up?

vortec42
04-18-04, 04:21 PM
Looks like a self-righteous punk kid to me. And he's French too.

scanman
04-18-04, 04:44 PM
Looks like a self-righteous punk kid to me. And he's French too.
This from a "punk"...

Jay
04-18-04, 04:56 PM
I have to wonder if this guy's a bit too young and inexperienced... he's 17 and his only real racing experience is a so-so season of Barber Dodge (finished 9th)...

But then again, if I had the money, I'd probably be doing that too... best of luck to him!

Cam
04-18-04, 05:00 PM
But then again, if I had the money, I'd probably be doing that too... best of luck to him!

Jeebuzz!!!! Money!!!! Look at the freakin' Miami mansion the guy lives in!!! :eek:

vortec42
04-18-04, 05:09 PM
This from a "punk"...

Takes one to know one!

Jag_Warrior
04-18-04, 05:12 PM
Isn't that the lil pretty-boy that an SCCA corner worker mentioned last year at 7G? Something about him wanting to pick a fight after an on-track incident? The corner worker told him that if his feet hit the track, he'd snatch him up faster than light travels, or something like that. :rofl: I can't remember the story very well, but it REALLY cracked me up when he told it last year. I'm sure this is the same kid.

But so far, he seems to be doing pretty well. And look at Lavin's dead @ss up in 8th! Pretty clean race after the flubbed start. And some characters doing much better than I expected.

Shadow
04-18-04, 05:31 PM
I didn't think that at home interview was in real great taste. Smelled to much of "rich kid" to go over well.

The Cdn broadcast on TSN is so chopped up it is unreal. Interviews that belong on before or after a race, commerical after commercial. I doubt that half the broadcast time is the live race. Silly IMO.

It the broadcast on SPIKE providing the same crap.

JoeBob
04-18-04, 05:52 PM
I was okay with Nelson, until he commented that he doesn't use the pool because it is "too small."

But, he's just a kid.

Jay
04-18-04, 05:53 PM
The broadcast was bad, but I'm not sure the race was much better - has there been a single pass for position? I suppose we should be glad there's any race at all though...

Jag_Warrior
04-18-04, 06:17 PM
I thought I was the world's #1 Formula One fan. But I only watched part of Malaysia and NONE of Bahrain (I just can't take anymore of the Red Baron). This race wasn't THAT bad. The fact that it even took place (with 18 cars!) made me pretty happy... and wishin' I was there. Note to self: flame anyone who admits they enjoyed some California sunshine and methanol fumes today.

Remember, it's America's Monaco GP. You don't tune in to see tons of passing or on-track action. It's all about the cool cars & show dogs. I enjoyed it and thought that Spike did a very good job overall.

Disclaimer: It's been a long winter. I'm jonesing for a variety of things. I enjoyed this race... but Susan Sarandon is also lookin' good to me. :saywhat:

KLang
04-18-04, 06:18 PM
He actually seemed to do OK. Kept out of trouble and got out of the way when he needed to. :thumbup:

L1P1
04-18-04, 06:21 PM
I thought both the race and the broadcast were okay with room for improvement. Commercials are a necessary evil but can also indicate the relative health of the series. So are the lifestyle pieces that introduce new drivers.

Its probably best to get the Phillipe piece out of the way early in the season since I doubt anyone will be talking about him much towards the end.

Insomniac
04-18-04, 06:23 PM
I don't see what all the hype around him during this race was about. I know he was the youngest, but he didn't have a good drive. Allmendiger finished a lap ahead and he lost a lap at the beginning. It's too early to make a final determination on his career, but he didn't do anything at LB.

BTW--It's Philippe. ;)

Methanolandbrats
04-18-04, 07:23 PM
The hippie did a nice job. He brought the car home, moved up a few spots and got out of the way when the leaders were approaching. :thumbsup:

RTKar
04-18-04, 07:34 PM
I don't see what all the hype around him during this race was about. I know he was the youngest, but he didn't have a good drive. Allmendiger finished a lap ahead and he lost a lap at the beginning. It's too early to make a final determination on his career, but he didn't do anything at LB.

BTW--It's Philippe. ;)

..yea and him too. ;)

JT265
04-18-04, 08:24 PM
Well, he did keep it off the wall. But I believe he needs some help with the English language.

He said, "I've earned my way into ChampCar"

No!

NON!!

Nein!!!

Nyet!!!!

Listen Phil, you've paid your way into ChampCar.

You're welcome.

:D

Steve99
04-18-04, 10:38 PM
He said, "I've earned my way into ChampCar"

He earned the money from his Daddy. :)

Jay
04-18-04, 11:01 PM
I can certainly think of another 17 year old (from Quebec) that would be more deserving of a Champcar...

But then again, as I said before, if I had that kind of money, I'd spend it on that too...

Sean O'Gorman
04-18-04, 11:10 PM
Its a good thing I don't plan on having kids because I'd never give my child a dime of my money so I could live vicariously through him or her. Of course if I had enough money to find a driver into Champ Cars, it would be me who would become the driver. :)