PDA

View Full Version : Soike TV

Nosuchsoul
04-18-04, 04:06 PM
Holy F'in crap! Those chumps over at spike tv are time delaying the bgoradcast!!!!! We won't get it on the west coast until four! Be nice if Champ car made a note of that on their website!! I was waiting until one and now I have to watch a stupid Jmaes Bond movie, it isn't even one with Sean Connery, until four! The site says 4p.m. ET on TV. Why did they do that? They should have said that was the time for all time zones!

BobN
04-18-04, 04:10 PM
Couldn'tagree more. Why the F does the West Coast have to wait. What BS. :flame:

Shadow
04-18-04, 04:21 PM
Couldn'tagree more. Why the F does the West Coast have to wait. What BS. :flame:

Unreal. Spike is be blacked out in Canada - thank goodness the hockey series wound up after 5 games - TSN has it live.

Why wouldn't they be truthful about the broadcast time?

ShickStift
04-18-04, 04:39 PM
hasn't this been known for a long time? :confused:

JoeBob
04-18-04, 04:43 PM
SPIKE has two feeds, an east coast feed and a west coast feed. This allows them to advertise something as being on at 4:00, and have it air at 4:00 for most of the country, rather than have to advertise something and list the times in a variety of timezones (or do what some cable networks do and replay programs 3 hours later for the west coast "advertised time.")

Nosuchsoul
04-18-04, 05:06 PM
Yes, but what I do not like is the champ car website listed it as LIVE on Spike TV at 4p.m. ET. Which means at one on the west coast. I thought it was at one and planned my day around it. If it is only live on the east than say so clearly. The assumption, a fair one too, would be that it was a live broadcast on Spike TV, which it isn't, unless you live in the east.

Insomniac
04-18-04, 06:12 PM
hasn't this been known for a long time? :confused:

I thought it has, but I guess some people have yet to watch Spike TV and didn't realize that the PT times were the same as th ET times.

I do see their point though. Weird part is, they let you know that about Dangerous Curves.

Spike TV | Sun, Apr 18 10:30 am ET | Dangerous Curves
Spike TV | Sun, Apr 18 10:30 am PT | Dangerous Curves

Old3Fan
04-18-04, 06:15 PM
:thumbup: Coverage could have been better but I for one am thankful that
that there was coverage. Will get better as the season progresses I think.

Insomniac
04-18-04, 06:28 PM
:thumbup: Coverage could have been better but I for one am thankful that
that there was coverage. Will get better as the season progresses I think.

I think it will. they have to work on the presentation of information. Some of it was a little hard to read with the down conversion from HDTV. I'm not sure what they were trying to present at the bottom. You would have the scrolling order at the top and then they'd show the top 3 at the bottom. I'd like to see the bottom utilized to display other infomation (It would pop in from the left edge). Something like #2 Junqueira is using Push to Pass. Just little bits of information. Otherwise, I'm happy it's on. :)

Jag_Warrior
04-18-04, 06:31 PM
If it makes anyone feel better, ABC does that with the IRL all the time - not that I watch that crap. But I have seen the times listed as ET and the race would be on an hour or so later in different eastern markets (on DirecTV's guide). In fact, affiliates shift this type of programming around all the time.

Not that that makes you feel any better, if you planned your day around trying to see the race. But with the popularity of this sport so low now, I'd pay the neighbor's kid to stand outside with a pair of rabbit ears on his head, if that's what it took for me to see the race.

Steve99
04-18-04, 10:32 PM
The new Champ Car website needs to work on how they list the times. Many of the times don't even list a timezone, and some of them were just wrong this weekend (Saturday). I was completely confused on Saturday.

formulaben
04-19-04, 01:15 AM
Holy F'in crap! Those chumps over at spike tv are time delaying the bgoradcast!!!!! We won't get it on the west coast until four! Be nice if Champ car made a note of that on their website!! I was waiting until one and now I have to watch a stupid Jmaes Bond movie, it isn't even one with Sean Connery, until four! The site says 4p.m. ET on TV. Why did they do that? They should have said that was the time for all time zones!

I'm on the West coast and watching it Live...maybe it's time to get a DirecTV dish!!