PDA

View Full Version : Economics People (Not a political thread)

Tifosi24
04-18-04, 02:50 PM
Had to put that in the title so it doesn't get killed, but that has nothing to do with the thread).

I am getting to the end of the semester, and I am about to finish up my Collective Bargaining term paper and I was curious if anyone with a background in Economics or Bargaining would like to take a look at it. You know, make sure it is quality and what not. If anyone would care to be so helpful that would be awesome, I should have it 90% done by Tuesday morning. Bargaining comparisons between pro-sports and industrials unions isn't as much fun as it should be lol. Thanks.

Jag_Warrior
04-18-04, 06:04 PM
My degree was in Economics. But it's been so long and I've learned so many bad things over the years, I probably wouldn't be much use to you. Sorry. My focus was more on the macro side (money & banking on the micro side), so I'm not sure that I could be of much assistance anyway.

Here's what has been drummed into my head. If one facility has a union and another doesn't, slowly shift work to the one without a union, and look to scale down/phase out the one with a union. That pretty much sums up my general knowledge of collective bargaining :gomer: ( = your job is going overseas or to the southern U.S.: so don't push the point.)