PDA

View Full Version : The thankful thread

anait
04-18-04, 11:41 AM
How about a continuing thread in which to post good stuff? Today, I am thankful for five things.

1) Coffee.

2) Our bathroom reno is approaching mid-point. This weekend is very paint-centered...mmmm...I loooove the smell of fresh paint. Walls are primed, ready for first coat of colour; today I get to play with the laser level I bought hubby - gotta tape out some fancy schmancy stripe-y thing. Ceiling needs one more coat of oil primer before the colour goes on there. Glad I asked the paint people before trying to put latex on a popcorn ceiling... Mr anait is getting another blade for his, um, jigsaw? 'cause he broke one off last night cutting out the new countertop. :D Yesterday I picked up some really nice ceramic tile, can't wait to tackle that project

3) Good friends coming for supper tonight.

4) Today's ChampCar race. I will plunk down on the couch in my LB T-shirt, with a Kokanee and some cold pizza, and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. :thumbup:

5) My youngest's dental surgery went fine last Wednesday. :cool: Took longer than they thought for the anaesthetic to clear her system - her breath was still strong Friday morning. But her teeth look good, and she was very calm and happy in the strange surroundings. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. Hubby has graciously refrained from regaling me with "I told you so!!!", but that's just the kind of guy he is. Plus he's within smacking distance. :p

cartgal
04-19-04, 10:22 AM
I'm thrilled to hear your gal's back to full steam.

I'm ecstatic that we got the kitchen painted this week and it doesn't look like I'm going to have to put on a faux finish to cover up wonky walls.

I'm over the moon that it's 80+ degrees here! WooHoo!

And I'm looking quite sassy in my spring outfit this AM and so am feeling quite nice about that. (It happens so seldom at my age that I revel in the moments when they happen.)

And I'm just ever so thankful that ChampCars is up and running and from the looks of Long Beach, recovering nicely from its Winter of Discontent.

Madmaxfan2
04-19-04, 02:09 PM
I am thankful I am alive, each day. No small statement when you are person like me who has fourth stage metastic cancer primary site unknown. You live one day at a time. :)

anait
04-23-04, 12:14 PM
We got a surprise in the mail yesterday! A big fat envelope arrived addressed to our 11 yr old daughter, from the People to People World Leadership Forum, in Spokane, Washington. She was nominated by her school principal to be a delegate representing her school at a conference of students in Grades 6-8, from across the US and Canada. The students participate in small group discussions and activities, and get to visit all kinds of places - the National Air and Space Museum, the Lincoln Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Colonial Williamsburg, the Smithsonian, the Holocaust Memorial Musuem, and tons more. I wish I could go with her!!

We are SO excited for her. We're going to do a bit of research on it, but I think we'll go ahead and book a flight. Registration has to be in by May 3rd, thankfully we can do it online. She would be attending a session next fall, so that gives us lots of time to save for the tuition. Poor girl, she's so budget conscious...she said yesterday, "If I do go, I'd feel so guilty!!" We assured her that this was completely different, this is part of her education, an investment, a life experience, etc etc etc!!! :cool: :D

rabbit
04-23-04, 12:35 PM
I am thankful for guys like Pat Tillman.

Brickman
04-23-04, 12:38 PM
She would be attending a session next fall, so that gives us lots of time to save/pay for the tuition... Poor girl, she's so budget conscious...she said yesterday, "I know we might not be able to afford it, it's SO much money!! And if I did go, I'd feel so guilty!!" We assured her that this was completely different, this is part of her education, an investment, a life experience, etc etc etc!!! :cool: :D

I can only speak for myself, I'd be willing to ebay a couple tin top tickets to chip in if needed. This is a good community and I'm sure others would like to also help if needed. Sounds like a wonderful growing experience.

anait
04-23-04, 12:41 PM

:( I don't follow the NFL, but he sounds like an amazing guy.

anait
04-23-04, 12:50 PM
Brick, clear your message box. :)

Brickman
04-23-04, 03:44 PM
Brick, clear your message box. :)

Cleared.

Hot Rod Otis
04-23-04, 04:04 PM

Amen.