I thought it was great for a first show....:thumbup:
but BJ did not show the enthusiasim for Champcars that he
did for twirl... I really don't like the man.. sleazy lookin..:thumdown:

Redwing
04-18-04, 12:04 PM
I was pleasantly surprised.

Formula 409
04-18-04, 12:22 PM
Very good show. Very professionally done. It carried out the marketing plan very well, and was entertaining. It emphasized drivers, talked about the cars, and talked about the push-to-pass dealy-bob. It was just as interesting to a hard-core CART veteran as it was to someone who was just passing by and stayed to stare at Bronte. It's interesting to see the difference between what an racing-oriented production like SPEED produces versus what an entertainment-oriented producer produces.

The host segments were a little awkward, but that will improve as they get comfortable with the format. It was also good to see how they focused on today's race, which made it feel a bit more vital. All in all, a total success from marketing perspective. And it beats the %^&$ out of what I've seen from the other American Open-Wheel series.

And it had ads from Toyota and Honda in it. Huh.

ShickStift
04-18-04, 02:16 PM
I was worried at the beginning when they were focussing on the wheels of the hot-rods, but as the show went on, it got better. Seemed to be a good hook.

sundaydriver2
04-18-04, 03:43 PM
I really liked it. I was surprised how well Bronte did. She will get a lot better when she has a few shows under belt. They had a lot to cover and hit the high points well.

can't wait for the race.

:D

Insomniac
04-18-04, 06:07 PM
Pretty good show. Unfortunately, they repeated most of it during the race. :(

Insomniac
04-18-04, 06:21 PM
Ohhh yeah, did anyone notice they misspelled Allmendinger (as Almendinger)?

Sean O'Gorman
04-18-04, 08:05 PM
I missed it, I only had 2 hrs of tape so I didn't bother.

Riverside
04-18-04, 10:24 PM
These are definitely some dangerous curves (http://www.tdphotography.ca/ModelGalleriesBronte.html) ;)

Steve99
04-18-04, 10:35 PM
Pretty good show. Unfortunately, they repeated most of it during the race. :(

I hated that. And if you watched the pre-race on Race Director you got to see it another time.

TurboTodd
04-18-04, 11:22 PM
Ohhh yeah, did anyone notice they misspelled Allmendinger (as Almendinger)?

Mispelled Papis as well during the Celebrity race..

Big whoop..

Good to see CCWS.

Insomniac
04-19-04, 07:34 AM
Mispelled Papis as well during the Celebrity race..

Big whoop..

Good to see CCWS.

I'm not trying to makle a big deal of it, but it's the little things. They should be spelling things right.

Dave99
04-19-04, 02:05 PM
I enjoyed the show for what it is. I hope it still holds my interest later on into the season. Bronte' is hot. She talks funny though.

Oh and btw- Dangerous Curves will be on every Sunday morning this season, raceday or not.

pferrf1
04-19-04, 02:12 PM
I enjoyed the show for what it is. I hope it still holds my interest later on into the season. Bronte' is hot. She talks funny though.

Oh and btw- Dangerous Curves will be on every Sunday morning this season, raceday or not.

Anyone know if they will be new episodes every Sunday or repeats? I'm hoping new but expecting repeats.

TrueBrit
04-19-04, 02:15 PM
Most definitely NOT angular...... :D

fourrunner
04-19-04, 03:07 PM
I think Bronte should do the show Nekid !!

That's about the only improvement necessary I think !! :cool:

dreamracer
04-19-04, 04:37 PM
Somehow I think Tag might object. :laugh:

gurneyfan
04-21-04, 09:12 AM
The show will switch to 1:30 p.m. after this Sunday.

Link (http://www.eastcoastracingnews.com/)

KLang
04-21-04, 09:57 AM

From that site, a list of advertizers from the Spike Broadcast:

MGM Grand
Ford
Toyota
Honda
Garlique
Enzyte
Bob's Discount Furniture
CarFax
TurtleWax
RightGuard
Medical Hair Restoration
BoFlex
Tread-Climber
Yamaha
Weber Grilles
US Airforce
MSN Internet
Visa/Bankone
Mantis Tiller
Pacificare
TimeLine DVD
Domino's Pizza
AOL

Wow. Big difference from last year on Speed/CBS.

Purple Panic
04-21-04, 10:36 AM
I think Bronte should do the show Nekid !!

That's about the only improvement necessary I think !! :cool:

I think you should do the show nekkid, 4R. That would be much more amusing. ;)

ChampcarShark
04-21-04, 03:38 PM
The show will switch to 1:30 p.m. after this Sunday.[/URL]

That is still too early for me. 11:30 AM Mountain time.

I get Spikes east coast feed

fourrunner
04-21-04, 03:39 PM
I think you should do the show nekkid, 4R. That would be much more amusing. ;)

If Bronte does it with me Nekkid..... It's a Deal ! ;)

Adder
04-22-04, 08:06 AM

I noticed this on the Champ Car website at the weekend and realised why when I saw WWE Raw from Spike last night. They are moving one of their Spike TV time slots by axing their 11pm Saturday slot and creating a new show for Sundays at 10am on Spike, hence bumping Dangerous Curves after only three weeks!

I have to think 1.30pm is a pretrty terrible timeslot for a race fan as most weeks there will be either NASCAR or ALMS whatever your poison happening then and also there will be many Champ Car East Coast races actually HAPPENING then, so the real race nuts may be watching on race director and not watching Spike, or even watching a racing broadcast on another channel rather than a fluff show.

Be interesting to compare ratings before the move to ratings after.

Shame they couldn't get 11am Sunday as the new WWE show might be a strong lead in to attract some of the 16-25 demographic should they be awake then!

dando
04-22-04, 04:42 PM
Bronte pics here. (http://www.tdphotography.ca/Galleries/Models-Portraits/Bronte/Bronte-01.html). SFW :)

Truly a lovely lady. Good work, Tags. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Insomniac
04-25-04, 02:57 PM
Did anyone catch it today? I completely forgot between F1 and the NFL draft. What did they show?

tllips
04-26-04, 09:31 AM
Did anyone catch it today? I completely forgot between F1 and the NFL draft. What did they show?

The whole show was a recap of TransAm. The teaser for next week at the end of the show said that updated news on the Champcars would be on.

Insomniac
04-26-04, 07:51 PM
The whole show was a recap of TransAm. The teaser for next week at the end of the show said that updated news on the Champcars would be on.

So it isn't all things ChampCar, interesting.

theunions
04-26-04, 08:03 PM
So is the intent supposed to be a brand-new half hour show every Sunday from now through November?

Dave99
04-26-04, 08:08 PM
So is the intent supposed to be a brand-new half hour show every Sunday from now through November?
That's the impression we were given at Long Beach's fan forum.

I noticed Bronte on camera throughout the weekend in Long Beach so maybe they're stocking up on race weekend footage to fill the gaps in between race day shows.