PDA

View Full Version : I gotta say one thing......

devilmaster
04-17-04, 02:36 PM
I tuned in to the Director to watch practice..... At the get-go, I was enjoying watching Seabass throw up the spray, and get squirrelly off the corners.

Then I heard it.

A voice.

A voice I never wanted to hear while watching ChampCars.

Yes, Bob Jenkins.

For me, its going to be tough listening to it.....

Guess I didn't voice my Vic Rauter for play by play campaign loud enough.

Steve

Wally
04-17-04, 03:31 PM
Any sign of crow feathers flying out of his mouth?

RaceGrrl
04-17-04, 05:23 PM
I'm right there with you on this one, Steve. Haven't had an opportunity to see/hear any of the coverage so far though, so at least I'm not suffering from direct exposure like you are!

formulaben
04-17-04, 05:38 PM
I too had to make a serious adjustment...let's hope that he can learn the teams and drivers quickly. So far, he seems to be doing fine. As long as he keeps politics out of it, I'm fine with it, but it sure seems like Yin and Yang in the booth!!

devilmaster
04-17-04, 06:10 PM
So far, he seems to be doing fine.

I respectfully disagree. He was umming alot, stumbled over his words, and generally seemed unprepared and unenthused.

I wouldn't call it an impressive start by Bob.

If I can't have Varsha, I want Rauter.....

Steve

KLang
04-17-04, 06:12 PM
I respectfully disagree. He was umming alot, stumbled over his words, and generally seemed unprepared and unenthused.

Steve

Not an impressive start today. Hopefully he'll get his act together tomorrow.

JT265
04-17-04, 06:26 PM

Steve

While I agree with most everything you said, I gotta point out one grave mistake Stevie.....

Vic OH MY! Rauter?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Curling fan, are you? ;)

I wouldn't let that useless waste of skin call out the winning numbers at the fat ladies bingo extravaganza.

Your mileage may vary, of course. :D

devilmaster
04-17-04, 06:27 PM
While I agree with most everything you said, I gotta point out one grave mistake Stevie.....

Vic OH MY! Rauter?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Curling fan, are you? ;)

I woudn't let that useless waste of skin call out the winning numbers at the fat ladies bingo extravaganza.

Your mileage may vary, of course. :D

Vic used to broadcast CART in 96 or 97. TSN didn't use ABC announcers.

Jump into chat, JT.... say it to my virtual face, beeyotch!

Steve

JoeBob
04-17-04, 07:18 PM
The home theater place I checked out part of qualifying in didn't have the sound on (but they did have HDNet on almost all of their HDTVs) so I didn't get to hear Jenkins.

But, I will admit, that I was pretty amused by the sight of Bob Jenkins wearing a ChampCar World Series jacket.

Ziggy
04-17-04, 07:40 PM
It was difficult. At least someone sat Jerkins down and made him learn how to say all the names correctly. If anything, he looked polished (sort of) I have mixed feelings on this. Actually, I cant stand him. I kept waiting for him to break into a brow beating about what a sham the IRL turned out to be!

Just all the crap he has said since the split, now to be doing CART races. It just sucks

Ziggy

formulaben
04-17-04, 07:52 PM

Steve

Well, yeah, he was unprepared for sure, but when I said he was doing fine, I meant that he wasn't making it obvious that he doesn't want to be there. Having said that, I have no idea if that is the truth or not, but I have a pretty good idea. He was marginally better than when he did the USGP, which was a total disaster in my opinion. I should have been more specific.

Did anyone listen to the broadcast after quals were over? Tommy played a joke and mentioned that he had a tatoo that said "I love Shirl" or something to that effect. When the broadcast was over, if you clicked away, you couldn't get back in, but if you stayed, you could hear them do voice-overs etc. Anyway, they were laughing and talking and appeared to be having a good time. Maybe Jenkins might just enjoy his time here afterall.

RTKar
04-17-04, 07:57 PM
It was difficult. At least someone sat Jerkins down and made him learn how to say all the names correctly. If anything, he looked polished (sort of) I have mixed feelings on this. Actually, I cant stand him. I kept waiting for him to break into a brow beating about what a sham the IRL turned out to be!

Just all the crap he has said since the split, now to be doing CART races. It just sucks

Ziggy

How many times did he brain fart and say, "...the road to Indy..."?

Railbird
04-17-04, 08:19 PM
he didn't do bad today, at least he pronounced all the names correctly and didn't make up any words ala Page.

Get used to him kids, he's here all year.

Cam
04-17-04, 08:44 PM
he didn't do bad today, at least he pronounced all the names correctly and didn't make up any words ala Page.

They are paid to do what they do! :whatever:

Shadow
04-17-04, 10:15 PM
Unless you have a unlawful dish Windsor, you better enjoy Director because that is all you are going to get at 4pm tomorrow. ChampCar foolishly did a deal with TSN (or is it a deal continuing from last year?) that results in SpikeTV being blacked out at 4pm tomorrow with respect to the race (some program called VIP is showing on my digital tv info) and TSN showing the race at 11:30 pm. Of course, there is a hockey game on at 4 pm. Who could care less about Colorado vs Dallas?? What a load of crap. It is looking like ChampCar can't do anything any better than CART did. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm not even going to bother with this race.

I tuned in to the Director to watch practice..... At the get-go, I was enjoying watching Seabass throw up the spray, and get squirrelly off the corners.

Then I heard it.

A voice.

A voice I never wanted to hear while watching ChampCars.

Yes, Bob Jenkins.

For me, its going to be tough listening to it.....

Guess I didn't voice my Vic Rauter for play by play campaign loud enough.

Steve

fourrunner
04-17-04, 11:29 PM
He played it pretty straight on the air.... After they went off he said to Tommy Kendall " This was pretty exciting"!

Make of that what you want !

lone_groover
04-17-04, 11:36 PM
What-everrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

fourrunner
04-17-04, 11:43 PM
Lone Groover... I forgot to mention I'm no Jenkins Fan ! It's late I've been goin sonce 6 AM ... and you dis me after all these years ;)

One little mistake!! ;)

lone_groover
04-17-04, 11:47 PM
Lone Groover... I forgot to mention I'm no Jenkins Fan ! It's late I've been goin sonce 6 AM ... and you dis me after all these years ;)

One little mistake!! ;)

No man! It was a GENERAL what-everrrrrrrrrrr
not meant particularly at your post.

:) :gomer:

fourrunner
04-17-04, 11:51 PM
Oh ... Well that's very different then, isn't it..... Nevermind!!! ;)

formulaben
04-18-04, 12:10 AM

I guess that's my attitude. I'm (perhaps to my detriment) trying to be nice until he really give me a reason to dislike him. I guess I'm playing the nice guy and taking the high road. I (we) could be wrong if we assume...

Hey, who really cares anyhow? WE'RE GOING GREEN TOMORROW!!!! :D

Think about that last sentence for a second. :eek:

indyfan31
04-18-04, 01:01 AM

He did OK today, he seemed to have a problem know what to call the series: CART, OWRS, CHampcars, etc. Other than that, as long as he doesn't say "Servio" again he should be fine.
BTW, I don't think he knows quite what to make of Tommy. :rofl:

devilmaster
04-18-04, 01:39 AM
Unless you have a unlawful dish Windsor, you better enjoy Director because that is all you are going to get at 4pm tomorrow. ChampCar foolishly did a deal with TSN (or is it a deal continuing from last year?) that results in SpikeTV being blacked out at 4pm tomorrow with respect to the race (some program called VIP is showing on my digital tv info) and TSN showing the race at 11:30 pm. Of course, there is a hockey game on at 4 pm. Who could care less about Colorado vs Dallas?? What a load of crap. It is looking like ChampCar can't do anything any better than CART did. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm not even going to bother with this race.

First off, at 10:15 pm (when you posted) you should check your info, shadow. Colorado won today, as did detroit, as did philly. All of a sudden, only one hockey game tomorrow. Toronto at Ottawa. Since TSN cannot show a playoff game featuring a Canadian team, (let alone two, CBC owns those rights) TSN now has NO hockey game tomorrow.

Secondly, if I did have a dish (which I don't), it wouldn't matter anyways, because the cracked HU card is being discontinued as we speak by DirecTV. (A friend of mine used to program when it was legal)

Third, if you're already dis-enchanted enough by the state of this situation, I'd suggest finding another sport to watch for life.

Steve

p.s. I do enjoy the director, works great. And as its a free country, i'll say what I want about Jenkins. You can disagree if you want, thats your right. And i believe I'm a little more prepared and plan for eventualities to watch the racing.

Napoleon
04-18-04, 08:46 AM
Is this serious? Jenkens calling Champcar races?

JT265
04-18-04, 08:55 AM
First off, at 10:15 pm (when you posted) you should check your info, shadow. Colorado won today, as did detroit, as did philly. All of a sudden, only one hockey game tomorrow. Toronto at Ottawa. Since TSN cannot show a playoff game featuring a Canadian team, (let alone two, CBC owns those rights) TSN now has NO hockey game tomorrow.

Secondly, if I did have a dish (which I don't), it wouldn't matter anyways, because the cracked HU card is being discontinued as we speak by DirecTV. (A friend of mine used to program when it was legal)

Third, if you're already dis-enchanted enough by the state of this situation, I'd suggest finding another sport to watch for life.

Steve

p.s. I do enjoy the director, works great. And as its a free country, i'll say what I want about Jenkins. You can disagree if you want, thats your right. And i believe I'm a little more prepared and plan for eventualities to watch the racing.

AUTHOR! AUTHOR!

OH MY!!!!! Seems this fellow had quite a large shunt, wouldn't you say?

<The above is a little Vic Rauter humour for those on the board that are Canadiana-challenged.> ;)

Couple of things I've determined Steve. If we can get your sorry butt to Toronto, and I have to urinate (man, did I ever clean THAT up), it shan't be in your Wheaties. :thumbup:

And Four, WhatEVER!

:D

JT265
04-18-04, 08:56 AM
Is this serious? Jenkens calling Champcar races?

Sadly, yes. But as posted, he wasn't as disgusting yesterday as I woulda
imagined.

Spicoli
04-18-04, 09:05 AM
Sorry boys, Jenkins absolutely sucks.

He should at least try to fake it better. I'd like to know what Brainiac made this call.

Go back to roundy round BJ, cause nobody asked for you.

Purple Panic
04-19-04, 04:09 PM
Can somebody please teach the J-Blunder that "Marques" is not pronounced the same as "Marquis." Gods, that grated on my nerves every time I heard it. It really really REALLY isn't that hard to learn the names. I guess I can't fault him for the bad pronounciation of Tagliani since half the paddock pronounces it wrong, though....

Dougrun
04-19-04, 04:18 PM
jenkins has a nice sounding voice but he was TOTALLY unethusiastic, and mispronounced so many names. Hire townsend bell to come announce. At least he'd have more to say.

RaceGrrl
04-19-04, 04:30 PM
Jenkins was awful. Servio? Markees? Send him back to the gomers. After the polished performance of Varsha, BJ is deadly dull.

pferrf1
04-19-04, 05:31 PM

FYI - Champ Car still has little to do with TV in Canada. The TV rights are held by Molson, who then sells them to TSN & Global. Ever notice how many Molson commercials are on a TSN broadcast?) It would be up to Molson to make TSN not have the Spike race blacked out. Last year, CART and Molson forced TSN to not black out the first SPEED race of the season so that the series could at least debut live. TSN was unwilling to do that the rest of the year.

TravelGal
04-19-04, 05:41 PM
Sorry boys, Jenkins absolutely sucks.

He should at least try to fake it better. I'd like to know what Brainiac made this call.

Go back to roundy round BJ, cause nobody asked for you.

I guess I'm happy to say that BJabage only graced my ears for 30 minutes after I returned home from the race. I caught him saying (I forgot the driver; my bad) "There's so-and-so about to run into the .... uh.... back end of the car in front." After we teach him the drivers' names, could we please teach him the names of the car parts? :gomer:

Cam
04-19-04, 05:47 PM
I guess I can't fault him for the bad pronounciation of Tagliani since half the paddock pronounces it wrong, though....

I am guessing it was Double D that taught him that pronounciation. :saywhat: