PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi ChampCar fans.We may have a problem!

krunch
04-16-04, 08:05 PM
Despite the fact that SkyTV has been advertising that they would be showing this great series this year there is no mention of the Long Beach race in this months Skywatch mag.
Even more worrying is that there is also no listing for it on the on-screen guide at the time the race will be on.

I've been getting less value for money from Sky in recent years and it has got to the stage where this year I am paying 60 bucks a month for just the ChampCars and World Superbikes.
If we are to lose ChampCar as well then Sky will no longer be on in this household.

Robstar
04-16-04, 08:10 PM
Either way...
Russel is on it... :thumbup: :cool:
We don't get it til late Monday night !
I'll make a copy for friends living in the land of the long white cloud... ;)

krunch
04-16-04, 08:32 PM
Robstar you da man! :thumbup: :D :) :thumbup:

Kiwifan
04-16-04, 09:10 PM
We're a friendly bunch, eh? :)

krunch, I think you are right. :( After all the hoopla of promoing Champ Car now there's nothing. I have written to SKY twice this week and have had no reply. In my deelings with them before they have always replied within 24 hours.

If this doesn't pan out for us I will be VERY upset with them. No Champ Cars but we get NASCAR Live? It's becoming a dumbed down world.

Robstar, we will keep you posted in case we do get it. There will be no more Aussie bashing jokes for a month if you come through. ;)

Regards, Russell.

Kiwifan
04-18-04, 04:26 PM
Well this SUCKS. I've got NASCAR LIVE and bloody Golf on Live SKY Sports but no Champ Car. SKY say "it is coming" but they are having trouble with the suppliers. :cry: :cry:

Enjoy the race guys.

Rusty.

RTKar
04-18-04, 04:28 PM
What the hell do you guys get NASCAR for ?......thats's too sad...aren't you trying race director?

Shadow
04-18-04, 05:26 PM
What the hell do you guys get NASCAR for ?......thats's too sad...aren't you trying race director?

They not only get NASCAR live they seem to get a same day rebroadcast as well. I visited NZ in Feb (dropped in on Rusty) and when we left one morning to do the 90 Mile Road, Daytona was on live (Monday AM in NZ) and when we got home after 6pm it was still on. Then I found out it was just the same day second broadcast.

NASCAR looks to be the big winner everywhere.

We were in AU when the second F1 race was run. Was it on live in AU (they had just raced in Melbourne 2 weeks earlier) - NO -delayed until 11pm.

Like I say, NASCAR seems to be the big winner.

Kiwifan
04-19-04, 10:00 PM
There is hope Kiwi fans! Just got a note from SKY saying they were having troubles getting a Sat feed given the lateness of actual running of the race event.

They hope to get a tape of the race to play this week and are confident that they will show the rest of the Series. Yea for us! :) My day just got a whole lot better. ;)

Rusty.

Robstar
04-19-04, 10:09 PM
Your Channel Ten copy is going out in the post this arvo Rusty... :cool:

Kiwifan
04-19-04, 10:30 PM
You are "one" nice Australian. ;) I saw one because I employ one and he's er, a bit strange. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

Once again, thanks buddy! I'll see you right.

Rusty.

nz_climber
04-19-04, 10:33 PM
Your Channel Ten copy is going out in the post this arvo Rusty... :cool:

Thanks Robstar :thumbup:

I hope your right rusty, I just sent an email to Jill at Sky to ask whats happening

krunch
04-22-04, 08:40 PM
There is hope Kiwi fans! Just got a note from SKY saying they were having troubles getting a Sat feed given the lateness of actual running of the race event.

They hope to get a tape of the race to play this week and are confident that they will show the rest of the Series. Yea for us! :) My day just got a whole lot better. ;)

Rusty.

Congats on getting a reply from Sky Russell.
You've done better than me.

What you say does give some hope but I feel that Sky have let everyone down with a lack of information about what is happening.
I know they are copping a lot of flack over the dropping of MotoGP as well.

I wonder if running nascar is giving them more viewers than what they are losing over all the motorsport dropped this year?

As for me I'm paid up until the 15th of next month and need to know before then just what is going on.

Kiwifan
04-23-04, 02:23 AM
I went to the SKY site and then to 'contact us'. Jill Dicken is the one to talk to or phone 0800759759 and moan to them. :) It worked for me both times.

Here's hoping!

Rusty.