PDA

View Full Version : Dinger!

nrc
04-16-04, 05:56 PM
Holy Crap! I've been touting this kid ever since I saw him win his very first Pro Series start at Sebring but he continues to surprise me with how quickly he can get up to speed.

dando
04-16-04, 06:04 PM
Holy Crap! I've been touting this kid ever since I saw him win his very first Pro Series start at Sebring but he continues to surprise me with how quickly he can get up to speed.
He took MJ by ~1 second. Impressive.

-Kevin

HolyCrap
04-16-04, 06:15 PM
Holy Crap nrc, watch that Holy Crap stuff! :D

nrc
04-16-04, 06:19 PM
I'll give Jourdain a pass on this session. First time out with a new team and all. But fast rookie with a new team and a top ten in his first qualifying session is impressive for AJ. If he can stay in the top ten for the race he'll be doing well.

Wilson for ROY in a cakewalk predictors please sign in.

HolyCrap
04-16-04, 06:31 PM
Doesn't matter to me who's in the cockpit baby...I'm sitting at work this afternoon watching live video of Champ Cars winding through Long Beach...
Yeah Baby!!!

Too bad we have to wait a month before the second race....

dando
04-16-04, 08:25 PM
I'll give Jourdain a pass on this session. First time out with a new team and all. But fast rookie with a new team and a top ten in his first qualifying session is impressive for AJ. If he can stay in the top ten for the race he'll be doing well.

Wilson for ROY in a cakewalk predictors please sign in.
Nope. Keep in mind that MJ filled for Dinger @ Sebring. Obviously a bit of a different situation in quals, tho. Perhaps his new crew needs to gel a bit. I also saw a note about MJ not using the option tires late in the session, so he may have kept a card up his sleeve. He'll be in the top 5 @ the end of the day tomorrow.

-Kevin

Corner5
04-17-04, 11:43 AM
Dinger is a fierce competitor and a really nice guy!

Ankf00
04-18-04, 01:33 AM
wilson predictor signing in as requested :)

Jervis Tetch 1
04-18-04, 10:54 PM
Sorry folks, but I thought he screwed the pooch in his first start...there still is a whole season to go though.

Steve99
04-18-04, 10:55 PM
Sorry folks, but I thought he screwed the pooch in his first start...there still is a whole season to go though.

:confused: :saywhat:
He got rear-ended by Lavin.

Sean O'Gorman
04-18-04, 10:57 PM

He should've qualified further away from Lavin. :D

Hot Rod Otis
04-18-04, 11:26 PM
Another Wilson predictor here. :)

Nosuchsoul
04-18-04, 11:33 PM
Another Dinger predictor here.

Nosuchsoul
04-18-04, 11:43 PM
In all seriousness, I am a great fan of Wilson who I think will do well in the series and go for wins in the future. I am rather more bullish on Dinger though, this guy was racing Karts in 2001. Two championships later he is in champ car and outqualifies Jourdain by a significant amount on both days. A full second on friday and seven tenths on saturday according to cart.com Also, Wilson has much more experience with his full year with Formula 1, whose cars are much faster than champ cars. His experience in helping to set up these cars is also helpful in his transition over to champ cars, while Allmendinger does not have the same knowledge. Wilson is also a member of an established team, while Allmendinger's teams is new and is straining with the pressure of running two cars. That's my two cents.

pchall
04-19-04, 08:07 AM
Another Wilson predictor here. :)

I'll join you. Wilson qualified well and never seemed to put a wheel wrong all race.

Cart4Live2003
04-19-04, 08:10 AM

watch it closer it wasn't lavin that got him.. it was swervia first.. lavin was just a byproduct of the intial punt by swervia.. and then Tarso couldn't wait his dang turn in line and tried to squeeze by AJ and Sperafico before 'fico was through it all and ran over AJ's tire and that pushed him into 'fico which pushed fico into the wall..

KLang
04-19-04, 09:14 AM
watch it closer it wasn't lavin that got him.. it was swervia first.. lavin was just a byproduct of the intial punt by swervia.. and then Tarso couldn't wait his dang turn in line and tried to squeeze by AJ and Sperafico before 'fico was through it all and ran over AJ's tire and that pushed him into 'fico which pushed fico into the wall..

I too thought it was really Servia at fault. Don't know what Tarso was thinking. :rolleyes:

cart7
04-19-04, 10:35 AM
One of the advantages of the Race Director was getting to listen to 'Dinger go ballistic over the safety teams who wouldn't push start him first. His thinking was, (his words) "the accident wasn't my fault so I should get push started first!" :laugh: He's already gettin the attitude. ;)

Fitti Fan
04-19-04, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I thought it was Servia too.

It was really sad to see some of those guys back there, Servia, Jordain, Jimmy. Jeez.

I was impressed with AJ and his time in front of the camera for interviews, etc. He trips over his words a bit, but he's having fun and is a bit hammy. Of course he's from California, so that doesn't hurt either!

Steve99
04-19-04, 11:23 AM
I've watched it several times frame-by-frame and I don't think Servia caused it. It looked like A.J. took a slightly odd line into the corner and Lavin turned into him. Lavin's left front contacted Dinger's right rear and both cars "hopped" a bit into the air. Then the chain reaction followed.