PDA

View Full Version : Race Director

KLang
04-16-04, 01:33 PM
Anyone get the video to work? I keep getting stuck in 'acquiring license'. A couple audio feeds I've tried aren't available.

At least the old timing piece works. :)

koolracer
04-16-04, 01:36 PM
I have been able to get video feed 5 to work, it is a bit choppy every once in a while, but none of the other video feeds seem to work.

No audio.....

Still, after so many months it is great to see live ChampCar action!

KLang
04-16-04, 01:40 PM
Thanks koolracer, I gave up after the first two didn't work. Yes pretty choppy. Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out.

scanman
04-16-04, 01:45 PM
I get....."Cannot open the file. Verify that the path
and file name are correct and try again"

....at least last year I always got into T&S...

This year looks like I'm screwed... :thumdown:

Andrew Longman
04-16-04, 01:46 PM
I did get Feed 5 to work too. I don't dare try the others because Feed 1 and 2 put me also into some acquiring license do loop.

Cutting slack for the time being, but this will need to improve to get me to pony up $

I wish I could see the video and have the T&S up at the same time. Or get the commentary and T&S up at the same time.

KLang
04-16-04, 01:53 PM
I wish I could see the video and have the T&S up at the same time. Or get the commentary and T&S up at the same time.

Right click on the link to open a new window.

koolracer
04-16-04, 01:53 PM
I now have feed 2 working, and the quality is great.

TO have all of the windows open at the same time try copying the shortcut for the leaderboard, and pasting into the address of a new window....

datachicane
04-16-04, 02:05 PM
Race Director looks cool, but I really, really miss the old T&S system. Nice, lowkey, low bandwidth, good to keep an eye on things while working...

dando
04-16-04, 02:10 PM
I had feed 1 up for a bit (~15 minutes), but I lost it after I checked out the live timing and other areas. Now I'm stuck in the click, click, click... infinite loop.

-Kevin

KLang
04-16-04, 02:12 PM
I finally got two up and the quality is much better then five but the camera guy is a bit zoom happy.

koolracer
04-16-04, 02:22 PM
stay away from camera 3 it seems to be someone walking around with a handycam filming race marshall feet.........

Good quality feed though.....

dando
04-16-04, 02:22 PM
Race Director looks cool, but I really, really miss the old T&S system. Nice, lowkey, low bandwidth, good to keep an eye on things while working...
Live timing is available through one of the options along the botom. I do wish it was available standalone, tho. Direct link to the T&S page appears to be:

http://www.cart.com/RaceDirector/Default.asp?Page=LIVETIMING

-Kevin

dando
04-16-04, 02:28 PM
Looks like feeds 1 and 6 are hosed. For the other feeds, I'm getting prompted to accept a DRM token, and once accepted, the feed looks good. I can't get the audio to work, tho.

-Kevin

rosawendel
04-16-04, 02:34 PM
i was only able to use the timing & scoring, as we are using NT at the office...

Andrew Longman
04-16-04, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the right click tip. Duh, I'd figure it out eventually...not :gomer:

Am I missing something? The only way I can return to Race Director is to re-register, though my old password keeps working.

Is there a way to bypass the registration?

skidmarks
04-16-04, 02:44 PM
Had a few people from the office gathered around my pc watching. Went up to full screen, still looked ok. Network alarm went off, good thing I know the guy who monitors that. :D

skidmarks
04-16-04, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the right click tip. Duh, I'd figure it out eventually...not :gomer:

Am I missing something? The only way I can return to Race Director is to re-register, though my old password keeps working.

Is there a way to bypass the registration?

Login prompt at the top right side of the window.

KLang
04-16-04, 02:56 PM
Login prompt at the top right side of the window.

Also it is flashing orange.

sundaydriver2
04-16-04, 03:37 PM
Anybody having problems getting registered. I registered yesterday and still do not have the email confirming my password.

:confused:

Steve99
04-16-04, 03:40 PM
Anybody having problems getting registered. I registered yesterday and still do not have the email confirming my password.

I got mine almost instantly last night. I'm at work today though, so the only things I can see are T&S and text commentary.

Hard Driver
04-16-04, 03:48 PM

I registered last night and received no password. I tried again this morning, just in case I typed the e-mail address wrong and still have not received a password.

Andrew Longman
04-16-04, 03:51 PM
Also it is flashing orange.

Operator error. I guess in my case Champcar need a better class of user :gomer:

KLang
04-16-04, 03:58 PM
Operator error. I guess in my case Champcar need a better class of user :gomer:

:laugh: :laugh:

sundaydriver2
04-16-04, 04:11 PM
I registered last night and received no password. I tried again this morning, just in case I typed the e-mail address wrong and still have not received a password.

Yep, me too.

Waiting, still waiting.

Cart4Live2003
04-16-04, 04:14 PM
I had probs too.. then someone suggested doing hotmail .. I did and got it right away.. so go make up a stupid hotmail account.. etc.. oh and I had previously tried 3 of my pop 3 ISP emails.. and finally got 1 of them back with the password today.. had registered last night with it.. but then I did that hotmail one last night.. and got it in less than 2 minutes..

lateralus42
04-16-04, 04:43 PM
I used a yahoo email account and got my PW right away.

KLang
04-16-04, 05:03 PM
Video 2 has sound now!

Edit: I had sound on video 3 also. I wish they would add in the track announcers or some commentary.

Edit again: Video 1 also has sound and seems to be the normal TV feed. Also 16:9 widescreen.

Fitti Fan
04-16-04, 05:33 PM
And you have to pay for this?????? :rolleyes:

fourrunner
04-16-04, 05:43 PM
It's working pretty much flawlessly for me - all 6 camera's smooth as silk -
Surround sound and all!

I'm on Cable Modem which comcast recently upgraded ...

$20.00 for the season or $5.00 per month seems cheap to me !

lateralus42
04-16-04, 05:46 PM
It will be worth every penny. This is a great service, its absoulutely awesome.

KLang
04-16-04, 05:48 PM
Agreed, it is working much better for the qualifying session. :thumbup:

IlliniRacer
04-16-04, 06:55 PM
One problem:

My desktop during qualifying:

http://www.kaufmanntechnologies.com/desktop.gif

Had T&S on my laptop. Serious sensoring overload!!! :D

Lola_B70
04-16-04, 07:00 PM
So. i am bummed. I am a Mac user. I don't meet the requirments. :cry:
Any suggestions, besides going to a PC? Is there a band-aid for me?

mello
04-16-04, 07:47 PM
Doesn't sound like it yet from what I read over at CW. I suggest you email them and start bugging the heck out of them. I had 6 feeds timing and scoring all up and I think it is going to be super. Well worth the $20 bucks for a year. Get everyone you know with a Mac to email them. Hopefully they will come through.

nrc
04-16-04, 09:15 PM
Argh. Originally I thought that getting this going on my Linux machine would just be a matter of finding the right windows media player codec to use with my video player. Now it occurs to me that since they're going to charge for this it won't be that easy or people could just post the stream links for non-subscribers to use.

Insomniac
04-17-04, 10:08 AM
Argh. Originally I thought that getting this going on my Linux machine would just be a matter of finding the right windows media player codec to use with my video player. Now it occurs to me that since they're going to charge for this it won't be that easy or people could just post the stream links for non-subscribers to use.

That's not necessarily true. They can require authentication for stream links.

Cam
04-17-04, 10:38 AM

I've got it working nrc. What plugins do you have installed for Moz?

well sort of. I can view one stream, but Moz crashes rather spectacularly if I switch to a different camera :saywhat:

pchall
04-17-04, 10:44 AM

I'm screwed, too. I just need to figure out if the old T&S and audio will work for the race tomorrow.

Corner5
04-17-04, 12:12 PM
I'm a Mac user and I could get the live timing and scoring but not the video yesterday. I downloaded the new Windows Media for Macs and also doubled the memory for the media player.I'll let you know if it works today. So far I am getting the recorded message from the cameras......so looks good.

FRANKY
04-17-04, 12:55 PM
Yep, me too.

Waiting, still waiting.

I figured I was doing something wrong.

skidmarks
04-17-04, 02:22 PM
it has changed some today, different buttons on the bottom, and now I can't right click to change video size :( Yesterday I had it running full screen.

devilmaster
04-17-04, 02:38 PM
it has changed some today, different buttons on the bottom, and now I can't right click to change video size :( Yesterday I had it running full screen.

Me too. And it looked awesome on my full screen with surround sound. :thumbup:

Steve

KobySon
04-17-04, 05:03 PM
I'm a Mac user and I could get the live timing and scoring but not the video yesterday. I downloaded the new Windows Media for Macs and also doubled the memory for the media player.I'll let you know if it works today. So far I am getting the recorded message from the cameras......so looks good.

same here... no live vid still.

I got a fat cable connection and a new dually g5 with the 23" display that would nicely fit several vid windows and t&s.

OT: This new window tiling thing [F9] on panther rocks too.

kk

nissan gtp
04-17-04, 05:25 PM
your password should be your email, backards without "."s or "@"s

ie, email> FTG@indy.org ... pwd> groydnigtf

dando
04-17-04, 05:38 PM
That's not necessarily true. They can require authentication for stream links.
Yup. WMP 9.0 uses the new DRM cr@p from our friends in Redmond. :(

-Kevin

jdcooper
04-17-04, 06:08 PM
So how much did you guys pay for this (apparently) beta system ? How about a free feed (like last season) for those of us who tune in sporadically and just want the times, not all the whiz-bang crap. One that actually works (like last seasons) Don't know that I'd want to PAY to hear Jenkins, anyhow. I got my standards, donchaknow...

KLang
04-17-04, 06:11 PM
So how much did you guys pay for this (apparently) beta system ? How about a free feed (like last season) for those of us who tune in sporadically and just want the times, not all the whiz-bang crap. One that actually works (like last seasons) Don't know that I'd want to PAY to hear Jenkins, anyhow. I got my standards, donchaknow...

It's free for the first two races.

indyfan31
04-17-04, 06:15 PM
the audio is still open, there's some interesting off camera commentary going on.

Jay
04-17-04, 06:18 PM
This service seems very good right now - however, as someone who's in the network business, I have to wonder if the quality of the stream will deteriorate once more people join up. Hopefully the people at Champcar will ensure that if it is a paid for service that the money is worth it. I'd hate to fork down the money only to have a choppy or unavailable view midway through the season.

KLang
04-17-04, 06:30 PM
Folks, it's only 20 bucks! That is less then 2 bucks a race.

devilmaster
04-17-04, 06:31 PM
This service seems very good right now - however, as someone who's in the network business, I have to wonder if the quality of the stream will deteriorate once more people join up. Hopefully the people at Champcar will ensure that if it is a paid for service that the money is worth it. I'd hate to fork down the money only to have a choppy or unavailable view midway through the season.

My feed was great off the bat (started at 4:30) then it got really choppy for about 5 minutes around 5 pm when the actual quals started.

I assume thats when everyone jumped in. After that, it was fine.

Steve

formulaben
04-17-04, 07:57 PM
Today I saw the best and the worst of web-based video feeds. If they can ensure that there will be plenty of servers/bandwidth (whatever...) to provide a reliable feed, then I'd join today. But from what I saw earlier during practice, no way. I have a 3.0+ mbps cable connection so I doubt the problem is on my end. I'm taking a wait and see approach, but this is the future of specialty programming.

lateralus42
04-17-04, 10:09 PM
I had absolutely no problems today. I have DSL and it was smooth as glass.

Sean O'Gorman
04-17-04, 10:19 PM
I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, by time the time I signed up today all on-track activity was done. I'll be autocrossing tomorrow so I guess I'll have to wait until Fundidora before finding out how it runs.

Oh yeah, real creative of them on the password creations. I think instead of paying I'll just find someone from here who has a short e-mail address and try and guess their password. ;)

Shadow
04-17-04, 10:43 PM
Folks, it's only 20 bucks! That is less then 2 bucks a race.

Fine, great. I want to pay BUT I've been a Mac user for just over 20 years. Why do I want to switch for CCWS - no bloody way. I'd do without the series before I'd switch.

I've got a new G5 and a new 15 inch PowerBook. I was looking forward to watching the race with my laptop on my lap connected via Airport with the live timing and scoring - so, now that there appears to be no hockey and we are going to get a live feed instead of the delay to 11:30 pm, if anyone does get the feed on a Mac I'd love to know. I certainly found the F1 race better with live T&S.

KobySon
04-18-04, 10:25 AM
I've got a new G5 and a new 15 inch PowerBook. I was looking forward to watching the race with my laptop on my lap connected via Airport with the live timing and scoring -

same here... I couldn't get the old airport to work with the new g5. support told me I have to get the airport extreme.

I'm dying to have the lap top in front of the tv.

Can a windows laptop be networked to the airport basestation?

pchall
04-18-04, 11:23 AM
As much as I loathe doing it, I will download Winmedia 9 for Mac OSX and see what I can get -- and all I really want is audio and T&S.

Report will follow Warmups.

pchall
04-18-04, 11:24 AM
As much as I loathe doing it, I will download Winmedia 9 for Mac OSX and see what I can get -- and all I really want is audio and T&S. Here's hoping that an MS infestation won't eff my system.

pchall
04-18-04, 12:14 PM
As much as I loathe doing it, I will download Winmedia 9 for Mac OSX and see what I can get -- and all I really want is audio and T&S. Here's hoping that an MS infestation won't eff my system.

The Winmedia .bin failed to download completely. Right now I've got the Leaderboard up in Netscape 7.1. No audio yet.

Jay
04-18-04, 12:25 PM
Just checking it out for the warmup...the video works great - crystal clear, and as smooth as on TV, but the audio seems to only work sometimes on some shots and even then the audio quality doesn't seem that good.

Still, if they can iron out the few problems with this it will be more than worth the fee!

blueprint
04-18-04, 12:50 PM
Video quality was good. The trick is to open and arrange various windows so you can see the timing and scoring at the same time you are viewing the video's. I think this will be worth the price once the kinks are worked out.

cart7
04-18-04, 01:01 PM
Has anyone tried the driver audio feeds yet?

Corner5
04-18-04, 01:58 PM
The Winmedia .bin failed to download completely. Right now I've got the Leaderboard up in Netscape 7.1. No audio yet.

After downloading and adding memory
Video not working on my Mac either......I have the live timing and scoring but no audio.