View Full Version : Need XP help...

Robstar
04-16-04, 06:59 AM
ME is the OS...
Installed XP Office
Upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook
It's sending from Outlook but recieving from Outlook Express
Any Ideas ?
(bearing in mind that the LBGP is a matter of hours away :) )

flobee1kenobi
04-16-04, 07:12 AM
Upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook

upgrade????
anyway-go into the properties of each and make sure the POP and SMTP server settings are the same and make sure all the boxes are checked that make outlook and not express the default for everything

Robstar
04-16-04, 07:22 AM
I hear you on the "upgrade"... ;)

We had Office & for some reason we didn't have Excel...

Mrs needed Excel...

So I'm thinkin' "stick XP Office in, & it should upgrade everything, right ?"
Anywho... I found Properties on OExpress but not on Outlook... :confused:

Turn7
04-16-04, 07:29 AM
Unless your in a large office enviroment and have a network that includes an Exchange server, just stick with outlook express and forget that you have Outlook.

I only use outlook when I tunnel into the office network, the rest of the time I utilize outlook express.

Robstar
04-16-04, 07:35 AM
Thanks...

Unistall Outlook ? :confused:

flobee1kenobi
04-16-04, 09:17 AM
just leave it alone and use express
if it still doesnt work -try Mozilla mail...not as buggy as MS stuff

SteveH
04-16-04, 09:18 AM
"It's sending from Outlook but recieving from Outlook Express"

That means OE must be running. It shouldn't be. Is it in your start menu? I'll bet it loads automatically at start up. You don't want that.

Cam
04-16-04, 09:53 AM
What Flobee said! :thumbup:

Robstar
04-16-04, 08:14 PM
"It's sending from Outlook but recieving from Outlook Express"

That means OE must be running. It shouldn't be. Is it in your start menu? I'll bet it loads automatically at start up. You don't want that.

True Steve...
But it won't let me uninstall OE... should I try ?

Cam
04-16-04, 10:46 PM
True Steve...

c:\>format c: :gomer:

SteveH
04-16-04, 10:59 PM
True Steve...

You don't need to uninstall it, just remove it from your start menu. I'm not on my XP machine or I'd be able to tell you how to do it. From memory, I think you go to your program groups and look for a startup group. Open it and right click on OE, then select delete. The program will still be on your machine but it won't be executed when you start your PC.

If that fails, right click on it icon in your tray after your PC loads, and close it.

BTW - I'm not sure that you can actually uninstall OE, anyone know?

IlliniRacer
04-16-04, 11:23 PM
c:\>format c: :gomer:

Who's this General Protection Fault guy and why is he trying to read my hard drive?

Insomniac
04-17-04, 10:19 AM
You don't need to uninstall it, just remove it from your start menu. I'm not on my XP machine or I'd be able to tell you how to do it. From memory, I think you go to your program groups and look for a startup group. Open it and right click on OE, then select delete. The program will still be on your machine but it won't be executed when you start your PC.

If that fails, right click on it icon in your tray after your PC loads, and close it.

BTW - I'm not sure that you can actually uninstall OE, anyone know?

The recommended way is to got to Add or Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components. It doesn't actually remove it from the system, but gets rid of icons and what not.