PDA

View Full Version : Now I've seen it all

DjDrOmusic
04-15-04, 09:43 PM
I went to the grocery store tonight to pick up a few things and lo and behold there in the produce section, NASCAR potatoes, NASCAR oranges, NASCAR apples, NASCAR Vidalia onions and a hand written sign that says, "Support The Sport You Love". :flame: :shakehead :saywhat: :rolleyes:

IlliniRacer
04-15-04, 10:20 PM
Tell me about it. I took my 7 year old to get his first set of glasses a few months ago and they are "NASCAR" brand. They came in a case shaped like a Panoz roadster with a Nascar sticker on top. The sticker was quickly replaced with one that resemble this:

http://www.cart.com/Content/Wallpaper/2003/150x110/20030115W_0003.jpg

Jervis Tetch 1
04-16-04, 12:29 AM
NASCRAP is hurting. Just look at the dearth of sponsors as compared in recent years. And they are really alienating Bubba, Billy Joe Jim Bob, Clem, Moonie and the like by ABANDONING them and trying to go after the Donald Trump like audience.

They're trading moonshine and corn cobs for champagne and cavier.

Brickman
04-16-04, 02:36 AM
NASCRAP is hurting. Just look at the dearth of sponsors as compared in recent years. And they are really alienating Bubba, Billy Joe Jim Bob, Clem, Moonie and the like by ABANDONING them and trying to go after the Donald Trump like audience.

They're trading moonshine and corn cobs for champagne and cavier.

Hurting never felt so good. :D

cart7
04-16-04, 05:31 AM
I anxiously await the arrival of Nascar Toilet Paper. :gomer:

skidmarks
04-16-04, 09:32 AM
I anxiously await the arrival of Nascar Toilet Paper. :gomer:
Cottonelle is the official TP of Nascab.

http://www.kleenex.com/us/promos/kleenexracing/catalog/images/7_die_cast.jpg

Nice stuff, fluffy.

Madmaxfan2
04-16-04, 09:37 AM
Nascar branding is the brainchild of Brian France. To him that is NASCAR. Plus he is third generation family leadership, just like TG. I take comfort in that fact. Nascar's undoing has begun, it may take time but it will happen.

Corner5
04-16-04, 10:38 AM
I read somewhere that Nascar is losing team sponsorships partly due to the fact that companies are sticking their money in the branding instead. That advertising is on the shelves 24/7,not just on the weekend.