PDA

View Full Version : FIRSTS in '03...

Gurneyflap
02-02-03, 02:44 PM
OK, so who will get in trouble with us by, 1) being the FIRST to punt someone and create a multi-car, or a red flag? I was going to say Tracy but I figure he'll be up front and less likely to do that, so I say SERVIA! 2) Who will be the FIRST to get in trouble with officials by rules infraction or loud mouth? Again I was going to say Tracy, but I think it'll be a newbie who thinks he's being hosed by "the Americans", so I'll say the FRENCHMAN at N/H. 3) Who's the FIRST winner for the "New CART" at CART's new track at St. Pete? I say BRUNO. What are some other FIRSTS we can speculate on? I'm ready to talk racing. All this other political stuff is boring me to tears. I know...Which engine manufacturer will finish FIRST this year! My FIRST biggest worry? One car/team dominates, just runs away! So, 4) What's your biggest worry for the upcoming season? (feel free to be funny, but not morbid) C'mon, old guys, get this site MOVING!

Hurling Frootmig
02-02-03, 04:27 PM
First Winner: Bruno.

The season is so wide open with all the new faces and the changes to the cars. The best drivers should perform well with the new rules. A lot of the young guys will be fast but will they be able to put together race wins? Hard to say. I would think Bruno, Paul, Patrick, Jimmy, and Jourdain will do well in the points.

Lizzerd
02-02-03, 05:02 PM
First rookie race winner: Sebastian Bourdais.

First veteran to get his first win: Michel Jourdain.

mello
02-02-03, 05:05 PM
First champion of 2003! Patreeeeeeeeeek!

RaceGrrl
02-02-03, 05:44 PM
I don't think it will be Servia who gets the first punt. PT is always my pick for that. I also pick PT for running his mouth. For the first win in the new CART; Carpentier. And the biggest worry? That the fan support won't be there because they've all fallen in love with Sarah Fisher. :p

Dave99
02-02-03, 06:09 PM
IIRC, two years ago it was Bruno and last year it was Townsend.
My money is on Camathias for this year. What do I win?

Gurneyflap
02-02-03, 06:59 PM
Win!?...Why, the everlasting respect of the Offcamber faithful for knockin' down a lucky guess! And, look, mello has a sense of humor! I don't think it'll happen in '03, but I'd like to know the FIRST returning defector!

RaceGrrl
02-02-03, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
Win!?...Why, the everlasting respect of the Offcamber faithful for knockin' down a lucky guess! And, look, mello has a sense of humor! I don't think it'll happen in '03, but I'd like to know the FIRST returning defector!

The first returning defector? Either Kanaan or Franchitti. Provided that they both manage to make it through the next couple of years without major injury, Kanaan has more racing years left in him than Dario. Of course, once Franchitti gets his "promised" F1 ride, we're not likely to see him in CART again. :rolleyes:

nrc
02-02-03, 08:10 PM
First defector may be Dixon since he was rumored as not being happy ending up in the IRL to begin with. While Ganassi wouldn't be likely to toss him out if he does well, he's flakey enough to let him go if he's not a winner right away (regardless of why). Anyone heard how long his contract is for?

RaceGrrl
02-02-03, 09:57 PM
Don't know how I could have forgotten about the Kiwi. I think you're right.

Railbird
02-02-03, 10:07 PM
I wpuldn't bet on Scott coming back anytime soon. I talked to him a couple of weeks ago and he seemed happy to be with a team that gave him a chance to win.

I have to wonder about Dario's reaction the first time an aero assisted mid packer comes blowing up under him at one of those cookie cutter velodromes.

RTKar
02-02-03, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by nrc
First defector may be Dixon since he was rumored as not being happy ending up in the IRL to begin with. While Ganassi wouldn't be likely to toss him out if he does well, he's flakey enough to let him go if he's not a winner right away (regardless of why). Anyone heard how long his contract is for?

I can see it now for Dixon....DNF ;) DNF;) DNF;) DNF;) .... back to CART.

nz_climber
02-02-03, 11:28 PM
I'm hoping Dixon be the first 1 back..

RaceGrrl : how could you forget him!!!!!

Kiwifan
02-03-03, 01:27 AM
That's interesting 'bird. We talked to Kenny Smith a few weeks back and he was pretty keen to see Scott back in CART with a possible F1 test at some stage. I wonder if Scott was "not biting the hand that feeds him".

I would love to see him back at Surfers, turning left, turning left, turning left and Right into the pits. :D

We live in hope.

Rusty.

damiandoan
02-03-03, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by nrc

Do you really think he would let him out of the contract to go back to C^RT? Out of a ride for the rest of the season maybe, but I'd dare say Chip won't let him go elsewhere, Especially if the rumor about Scott trying to get out of the contract when he found out CG was going all IRL was true.

DD

Kiwifan
02-04-03, 01:46 AM
Just pulled this from Champweb, Hope you don't mind Don. ;)

2003-02-03
CART to have an Aussie?
Chris Pook mentioned that CART will try to have an Aussie driver for the 2003 season. We will see who CART is after, but we think CART is doing all they can to acquire Scott Dixon as we reported awhile ago. (Yes we know Dixon is a Kiwi, but he served that market well..)

Railbird, I do believe you when you say you talked to Scott and he seemed happy but the 'talk' (and hope) is out there.

Regards, Russell.