PDA

View Full Version : The hits just keep on coming...

mapguy
04-15-04, 05:42 AM
In the opening practice for the upcoming crapwagon race at Montegi, Scott Dixon proved once again that he is the "Iceman" by smacking the wall. This time he broke his ankle. (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=26808&s=18) Tomas Wreckter also stuffed it into the wall earler, probably distracted by thoughts of where he is going to go trolling for hookers after practice. Sam the Sham wrecked a Penske tub when he had trouble trying to find "the pin" on his steering wheel. Also Tora Takagi hit the wall. He was taken to the local hospital complaining of neck and back pains....

4 crapwagons trashed and it is only the first day of practice.

cart7
04-15-04, 06:20 AM
I suppose the bright side to the wrecks is, the safety crews didn't have to use an extension ladder to get to the drivers. :(

Kiwifan
04-15-04, 06:59 AM
I don't know what to say Mappy, I just don't know. :shakehead

The kid can drive, he was so quick in the F1 stints and I believe he would/could have done better in Champ Cars if he wasn't taken out (Tony) and didn't have to play follow the leader behind Bruno but this is ridiculous. :mad:

Rusty.

scanman
04-15-04, 07:28 AM
Life's a bitch, ain't it... :cry:

Mr. Vengeance
04-15-04, 09:05 AM
You play with crap, you're gonna get dirty.

No sympathy from me.

Madmaxfan2
04-15-04, 09:44 AM
They don't call it the Indy Reckin League for nothing.

racer2c
04-15-04, 10:14 AM
Mmmmm, asian hookers.

Brickman
04-15-04, 10:27 AM
In the opening practice for the upcoming crapwagon race at Montegi, Scott Dixon proved once again that he is the "Iceman" by smacking the wall. This time he broke his ankle. (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=26808&s=18) Tomas Wreckter also stuffed it into the wall earler, probably distracted by thoughts of where he is going to go trolling for hookers after practice. Sam the Sham wrecked a Penske tub when he had trouble trying to find "the pin" on his steering wheel. Also Tora Takagi hit the wall. He was taken to the local hospital complaining of neck and back pains....

4 crapwagons trashed and it is only the first day of practice.

From TSO

"Accident in Turn 3 and 4 involving Scott Dixon and Tomas Scheckter. Two separate crashes happened within 3 seconds of each other with both getting loose in the same spot.

Severe damage to both cars. They were not near each other. Dixon got out of the car, then sat down favoring his right leg. Stood up again, and then sat for a bit with the medical crew.

Scheckter has already been checked and released.

Dixon is still being looked at.

Scheckter radioed his crew that he was slowing down for Dixon's accident and believes he may have hit some oil."

AND

"Turn 4 has claimed four cars this afternoon, and three of these cars hit nearly the same spot on the wall.

-----

Sam Hornish, Jr hit the wall coming off of Turn Four when his car pushed up into the wall. Spoke with Sam after he walked out of the medical center, and he indicated that the car just got a big push which he had never experienced.

------

Tora Takagi's accident was in the same spot as Dixon and Scheckters. His car swapped ends and he hit the wall very hard rear first. Preliminary indications are that he is OK, but did look a bit woozy."

lone_groover
04-15-04, 10:28 AM
Too bad. They're gettin' paid.

:thumdown:

Mike Kellner
04-15-04, 10:36 AM
So, Brickman, you're implying that it's the track's fault? Would that slippery spot be leftover residue of C^RT mismanagement? Sounds a lot like the baseball-mitt had a hole in it.

Anyway, I have the solution. Mandate a higher wing angle, and lower the setting on the rev limiter. Adjust the racing to match the talent envelope; that is the IRL way, isn't it?

Ya see son, in the IRL, reckin' is racin'.

mk

Brickman
04-15-04, 10:38 AM
Kanaan was quickest with a 203.907 last year pole was 206.996 from the "Iceman".

Brickman
04-15-04, 10:40 AM
So, Brickman, you're implying that it's the track's fault? Would that slippery spot be leftover residue of C^RT mismanagement? Sounds a lot like the baseball-mitt had a hole in it.

Anyway, I have the solution. Mandate a higher wing angle, and lower the setting on the rev limiter. Adjust the racing to match the talent envelope; that is the IRL way, isn't it?

Ya see son, in the IRL, reckin' is racin'.

mk

I'm not implying anything, just passing on what was reported. Oil or bump or lack of talent, or all three. People will decide.

Mike Kellner
04-15-04, 10:44 AM
"Kanaan was quickest with a 203.907 last year pole was 206.996 from the "Iceman"."

If it is IRL/C^RT dogma that the fans cannot tell the difference between 240 & 220, why worry which IRL/C^RT wanker is 4 mph faster? All real racin fans care about is side by side action.

mk

Turn7
04-15-04, 10:51 AM
It's a Honda track and they are utilizing a bit of James Bond technology. Honda has embedded small diameter tubing that is aligned vertiacally with the track suface at the entrance of turn 4 in an array. It is the size of a crapwagons track width. As the leading drivers for Toyota and Chevy approach the area the tubing is hit with very highly compressed air causing the tires contact surface to lose contact with the pavement, resulting in the crashing of the competition.

Honda is determined to win this weekend and is pulling out all stops.
:D

Brickman
04-15-04, 10:57 AM
It's a Honda track and they are utilizing a bit of James Bond technology. Honda has embedded small diameter tubing that is aligned vertiacally with the track suface at the entrance of turn 4 in an array. It is the size of a crapwagons track width. As the leading drivers for Toyota and Chevy approach the area the tubing is hit with very highly compressed air causing the tires contact surface to lose contact with the pavement, resulting in the crashing of the competition.

Honda is determined to win this weekend and is pulling out all stops.

At least you got the last sentence right.... but then again... ;)

Mike Kellner
04-15-04, 10:59 AM
"It's a Honda track and they are utilizing a bit of James Bond technology. Honda has embedded small diameter tubing that is aligned vertiacally with the track suface at the entrance of turn 4 in an array. It is the size of a crapwagons track width. As the leading drivers for Toyota and Chevy approach the area the tubing is hit with very highly compressed air causing the tires contact surface to lose contact with the pavement, resulting in the crashing of the competition."

That, or Honda boys have a rig like Robert Mitchum used in Thunder Road.

mk

Dirty Sanchez
04-15-04, 11:08 AM
Kanaan was quickest with a 203.907 last year pole was 206.996 from the "Iceman".When did Scott Dixon become the "Iceman"? Are you "Goose"? :gomer:

Brickman
04-15-04, 11:13 AM
When did Scott Dixon become the "Iceman"? Are you "Goose"? :gomer:

Just quoting Mappy.

A quick g-o-o-g-l-e (not to be confused with goose) came up with this (http://www.automobilemag.com/racing/racinglines/1014_racinglines/).

Mike Kellner
04-15-04, 11:15 AM
"When did Scott Dixon become the "Iceman"?"

It is part of the continuing NASCARization of IndyCar racing. Lord Tony is a Bill France/NASCARboss wannabee, so if NASCAR drivers have nicknames, then by golly, IRL=C^RT drivers will have them too. Paul Page is the TonyToadie tasked with shovelling them out to the Gomers.

The plan is for you to run off to the nearest memorabilia trailer and buy your Iceman t-shirt, hat, plastic beer mug, window cling, and jacket from the toothless hilljack who is selling them for six times what they are worth. Hey, it works in NASCAR.

mk

Steve99
04-15-04, 11:19 AM
I thought Kimi was the Iceman.

Dirty Sanchez
04-15-04, 11:19 AM
Where can I get a "Goose" shirt? :gomer:

That league is so gay. :thumdown:

Methanolandbrats
04-15-04, 11:20 AM
Is Greg Ray there? Must not be or he would have crashed by now.

Mike Kellner
04-15-04, 11:22 AM
Hey, so what nickname did the focus group come up with for Sarah?

I'll assume it isn't "Pole Sitter".

mk

Jervis Tetch 1
04-15-04, 11:23 AM
Looks like Sham's having trouble too. I thought all his followers said he knew how to adjust to push or loose conditions?

Brickman
04-15-04, 11:26 AM
"When did Scott Dixon become the "Iceman"?"

It is part of the continuing NASCARization of IndyCar racing. Lord Tony is a Bill France/NASCARboss wannabee, so if NASCAR drivers have nicknames, then by golly, IRL=C^RT drivers will have them too. Paul Page is the TonyToadie tasked with shovelling them out to the Gomers.

The plan is for you to run off to the nearest memorabilia trailer and buy your Iceman t-shirt, hat, plastic beer mug, window cling, and jacket from the toothless hilljack who is selling them for six times what they are worth. Hey, it works in NASCAR.

mk

You bet Mike. I only paid $59 for Iceman at Phoenix.
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/lowecustoms/images/iceman.jpg

But the damn thing melted, I need a bigger icechest. :gomer:

Mike Kellner
04-15-04, 11:35 AM
A guy with obvious artificial limbs, walking the plank, is the IRL=C^RT on a half-shell. Isn't wonderful how art can summarize long tracts of overblown prose in a single image.

mk

pchall
04-15-04, 11:37 AM
You bet Mike. I only paid $59 for Iceman at Phoenix.
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/lowecustoms/images/iceman.jpg

But the damn thing melted, I need a bigger icechest. :gomer:

Looks like Silver Surfer to me. :p

We're dying here. Our motorsport of choice is being eroded race by race by a bit of ersatz makes the Roller Derby look legit. :barf:

Brickman
04-15-04, 11:40 AM
Looks like Silver Surfer to me. :p

Oh my God! You're right! Another :gomer: bites the dust.

http://www.vionline.com/pix/gallery/silsurfr.jpg

pchall
04-15-04, 11:50 AM
Oh my God! You're right! Another :gomer: bites the dust.

http://www.vionline.com/pix/gallery/silsurfr.jpg

Brickman? You're still here? Mommie must dress you in Nomex onesies.

Mike Kellner
04-15-04, 11:53 AM
I knew that right off, but it got in the way of a chance to insult the IRL=C^RT, so I let it slide.

If the IRL=C^RT is the Silver Surfer, is NASCAR Galactus?

mk

JT265
04-15-04, 11:55 AM
Hey, so what nickname did the focus group come up with for Sarah?

I'll assume it isn't "Pole Sitter".

mk

You have assumed correctly, Mr. Kellner, at least away from the confines of Bizzaroworld. And Crapus, if you are looking for "Goose" swag, I suggest a visit to the "Gweg Way" trailer.

You're welcome.

Brickman
04-15-04, 12:08 PM
Brickman? You're still here? Mommie must dress you in Nomex onesies.

I enjoy the repartee. Not likely to get my nose out of shape on any issue, simply because there aren't any anymore. Now that people PM me first, misunderstandings seem to have fallen to the wayside. :D

Hope we have a full weekend of safe racing.

Mike Kellner
04-15-04, 12:08 PM
It was a dark and stormy night; IRL gunslinger, The Iceman, was coiled like a rattlesnake, ready to strike . . .

Wheel-Nut
04-15-04, 01:12 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/large/22575_dix.jpg

OUCH!!

racer2c
04-15-04, 02:15 PM
It was a dark and stormy night; IRL gunslinger, The Iceman, was coiled like a rattlesnake, ready to strike . . .

Now that is funny! :thumbup: :D

Joe in LA
04-15-04, 02:25 PM
I thought Kimi was the Iceman.

Mika is the Iceman, Kimi is Iceman, Jr.

pchall
04-15-04, 02:26 PM
How do you eff up the inside left that bad?

Brickman
04-15-04, 02:40 PM
How do you eff up the inside left that bad?

My guess... Back end breaks loose, car swaps ends. Slap! 190+ mph with no safer wall.

lone_groover
04-15-04, 03:14 PM
My guess... Back end breaks loose, car swaps ends. Slap! 190+ mph with no safer wall.

Good thing too. Safer wall would catch the pointy crapwagon and swing it around for anothr impact instead of letting it just slide along.

My assessment might sound stupid and simplistic, but the SAFER barrier is stupid and simplistic.

Brickman
04-15-04, 03:17 PM
Good thing too. Safer wall would catch the pointy crapwagon and swing it around for anothr impact instead of letting it just slide along.

My assessment might sound stupid and simplistic, but the SAFER barrier is stupid and simplistic.

I disagree.

Sometimes simple solutions work for complex issues. I don't think snagging is an issue, would be if they used other materials, and changing out the density of the foam for different series is logical.

Grew up with the water wall in turn six at Riverside. Makes sense to me. :thumbup:

Brickman
04-15-04, 03:30 PM
Before it was a waterwall, basically framed wood with a rubber bladder, it was made of boiler plate, Joe Weatherly died hitting it in the 60's.

http://www.findagrave.com/photos/1036/201/21690_1058831418.jpg

Spicoli
04-15-04, 09:26 PM

Dang man! I can't keep up!

Dave99
04-15-04, 09:45 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/large/22575_dix.jpg

I like that sidepod modification. Takes your eye away from the unsightly airbox and engine cover. :thumbup:

Michael Delaney
04-16-04, 03:35 PM
I suppose the bright side to the wrecks is, the safety crews didn't have to use an extension ladder to get to the drivers. :(

Pure class.

racer2c
04-16-04, 05:08 PM
Pure class.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Michael Delaney
04-24-04, 01:51 PM
Sometimes the truth hurts.

It still hurts those of us who knew Tony Renna.

And it hurt when Greg Moore got killed, but I don't remember anyone making jokes about it.

racer2c
04-24-04, 02:02 PM
It still hurts those of us who knew Tony Renna.

And it hurt when Greg Moore got killed, but I don't remember anyone making jokes about it.

Cart7 can defend himself if he so wishes. But your comment goes without saying on this forum.

Michael Delaney
04-24-04, 02:34 PM
Cart7 can defend himself if he so wishes. But your comment goes without saying on this forum.

My comment is dead on the money.

There's no defense for all the flying crapwagon, cheesegrater and extension ladder jokes seen on this forum since Tony Renna's death.

Hey, remember the cheery Christmas jingle about "deck the fence with chunks of drivers" that one of your literary geniuses posted here awhile back?

What? No jokes about Moore or Gonzo? Or Krosnoff?

Different standard when it's a champcar guy right?

racer2c
04-24-04, 02:48 PM
My comment is dead on the money.

There's no defense for all the flying crapwagon, cheesegrater and extension ladder jokes seen on this forum since Tony Renna's death.

Hey, remember the cheery Christmas jingle about "deck the fence with chunks of drivers" that one of your literary geniuses posted here awhile back?

What? No jokes about Moore or Gonzo? Or Krosnoff?

Different standard when it's a champcar guy right?

There's no defense for flying crapwagons.

Ok, you want go for it? Let's go. Did Moore die in a flying crapwagon? Did Krosnoff die in a flying crapwagon? Did Gonzo die in a flying crapwagon? Did Brack Die? Did Dixon die?
The answer to all of the above is 'no'.

Dig up the jokes Delaney. I haven't seen one and I didn't interpret Cart7's as being a joke, just a sad reminder that the IRL has serious flying car problems. There isn't a double standard. The Champ Car deaths were unfortunate accidents involving unrelated causes. Death and racing have a history that spans all series. The IRL on the other hand has a known safety concern that has lead to pain and suffering and thankfully no deaths...yet.

Michael Delaney
04-24-04, 03:06 PM
Ok, you want go for it? Let's go. Did Moore die in a flying crapwagon?

No. He died in a inverted flying champcar. It wasn't funny.

Did Krosnoff die in a flying crapwagon?

No. He died in a flying champcar. It wasn't funny.

Did Gonzo die in a flying crapwagon?

No. He died in a champcar that flew over the wall and out of the park. It wasn't funny.

Dig up the jokes Delaney.

The one about extension ladders is on this very thread. The cheery christmas jingle that followed Renna's accident was deleted after everyone at another forum roundely condemmed it.....after it had been left up here for months.

I haven't seen one and I didn't interpret Cart7's as being a joke,

Of course you wouldn't, but I'm sure you would have taken exception to it if it were a joke about picking a champcar driver out of the fence.

just a sad reminder that the IRL has serious flying car problems.

Yep. They have a problem. No question. But it ain't funny.

Don't think champcar is immume. In fact, almost every time I've seen a joke about an IRL driver getting hurt, a champcar driver has been next. Almost makes you believe in karma, doesn't it?

The Champ Car deaths were unfortunate accidents involving unrelated causes.

The last three deaths in champcars involved airborne champcars.

Death and racing have a history that spans all series.

And none of them are funny.

The IRL on the other hand has a known safety concern that has lead to pain and suffering and thankfully no deaths...yet.

See, you've forgotten about Renna already.

Or maybe you've just gotten enough milage out of it.

RaceGrrl
04-24-04, 03:13 PM

No-one is happy that Renna died. In fact, we were all saddened by his untimely and totally senseless death. The jokes are directed at Tony George and his ilk, for continuing to ignore the potential his crappy cars have to inflict injury and now, death. Ever heard of black humor? That's what it is.

".... your literary geniuses..." The wording of your sentence is very telling. I think you stumbled into the wrong website. I think you'd be happier over at TrackForum.

Ankf00
04-24-04, 03:18 PM
Don't think champcar is immume. In fact, almost every time I've seen a joke about an IRL driver getting hurt, a champcar driver has been next. Almost makes you believe in karma, doesn't it?

I'm really sure every joke about an IRL driver's injury is yielding a champcar injury... yes, karma in action :rolleyes:

I don't like the fact that some people make light of the danger IRL drivers face, especially when they're switching series and suddenly all the "hope your back doesn't break" cracks come out, but cart7's comment wasn't one of those.

And those 3 accidents had nothing in common other than they involved champcars and a death, but as an avid fan you knew that...

cart7
04-24-04, 03:20 PM
In case you hadn't noticed Delaney, I posted no smilie or rofl with my post. Since last April, 6 cars from the earl have gone skyward. 1 driver died, another came inches away from the same fate and Mario was just plain lucky. I sat and watched in T4 as Wheldon's car suddenly went airborne and landed on his head and I don't buy that crap about him climbing the wall cause that ain't what I nor everyone around me saw. Lucky for him he had scrubbed and banged 100mph off his speed or he'd possibly have met the same fate as Tony. The answer to all those airbornes was denial from the league that there was even a problem. In fact, they went so far as to insinuate that Tonys death may have been caused by a dead seagull or driver error. Since no one from the earl has ever admitted to a problem, it's just as likely that it could happen again.

So, I'll rephrase that line since it seems to bother you so much.

At least no one wound up in the catch fencing. :shakehead

racer2c
04-24-04, 03:56 PM
No. He died in a inverted flying champcar. It wasn't funny.

No. He died in a flying champcar. It wasn't funny.

No. He died in a champcar that flew over the wall and out of the park. It wasn't funny.

The one about extension ladders is on this very thread. The cheery christmas jingle that followed Renna's accident was deleted after everyone at another forum roundely condemmed it.....after it had been left up here for months.

Of course you wouldn't, but I'm sure you would have taken exception to it if it were a joke about picking a champcar driver out of the fence.

Yep. They have a problem. No question. But it ain't funny.

And none of them are funny.

Or maybe you've just gotten enough milage out of it.

So again, dig up the jokes Delaney. Where are they?

No one here thinks driver deaths are funny. Now scrurry on off from where you came.

Railbird
04-24-04, 04:45 PM
Welcome Michael, haven't seen you around for a while.

Yeah, the attempts at "humor" around here cross way over the line at times imo.

Heres hoping for a safe '04

pchall
04-24-04, 04:49 PM
I think it very odd that Michael Delaney equates rolling and tumbling champcars with flying crapwagons. None of the three referenced champcar fatalities took air in anything like the same manner that recent IRL accidents have exhibited. The poster has an agenda, and it clearly is not related to our gaugenhumor about flying cars in another series that protects us a small bit about the sometimes cruel sport we love.

racer2c
04-24-04, 04:50 PM

Your boy hit the ground runnin'. :thumdown:

Brickman
04-24-04, 05:29 PM
Ever heard of black humor? That's what it is.

Personally I think there isn't room for it with drivers. An animated cat getting it's head cut off is black humor, a song about a driver dying in a fence isn't. IMHO But the thread was properly deleted so I don't see a problem here.

mapguy
04-24-04, 05:35 PM

'Bird, this ain't the real Delaney.

Brickman
04-24-04, 05:40 PM
At least no one wound up in the catch fencing. :shakehead

That comment has no more class than the other one. Why feed fuel to the fire? Drivers are dead regardless of if it was in a fence or how they died.

Drivers deaths are unacceptable even though they are aware of the danger, even though the danger is expected.

The only thing worse if fans deaths... at least only one died would be an equally asinine comment.

Sometimes in regards to deaths (not safety) it's better to zip it. It's a glass house thing...

Brickman
04-24-04, 05:41 PM
'Bird, this ain't the real Delaney.

I kind of wondered about that too...

Michael Delaney
04-24-04, 05:52 PM

There's something to agreed on.

KLang
04-24-04, 06:19 PM
It appears we have a visit from 220 or T13. :rolleyes:

Color it any way you like, there was no excuse for not addressing the flying crapwagon issue sooner then they did. :flame: Assuming of course they actually have.

nrc
04-24-04, 06:20 PM
The IRL on the other hand has a known safety concern that has lead to pain and suffering and thankfully no deaths...yet.

So you're admitting that Renna's death was the result of a known safety concern that the IRL had failed to do anything about?

It's fair enough to object to black humor as a way of calling attention to the IRL's abysmal record of ignoring safety issues in pursuit of the Joey Chitwood thrill shows they call racing. But what have you been doing to draw attention to the issue?

I see nothing from you here objecting to the IRL's history of denying obvious safety problems until something disasterous happens. I see nothing from you objecting to them ignoring escalating speeds or deliberately creating the kind of pointless pack racing that everyone who isn't obsessed with phoney "wheel-to-wheel eggsitement" recognizes as an invitation for disaster.

Are your objections here really anything more than a lemming crying crocodile tears?

Railbird
04-24-04, 09:03 PM
How do we know this isn't the real Michael?

just curious

anyhow, while I'm never comfortable with the injury jokes I don't mind at all discussing serious safety issues.

The full length wicker is a real world cure for the sideways self-launch that put Renna in the fence, but they still haven't addressed the lift-off that Mario experienced.

Mario's problem was created by the too large front wing extended way out front on this latest generation. But you can't cut the front wing down because it has to balance that barn door hanging off the ass end. And if you cut back on the rear wing then you lose the moungo draft that creates either the "greatest racing in the world" or a dangerous and repetitve "thrill show" depending on your point of view.

I think the repulsive thing about the IRL's aproach is the fact that Barnhardt and Nation are both on record saying there was no problem while behind the scenes the debate was on how they could cure the problem without calling for a complete overhaul of the formula.

So they taped a Gurney down the middle, dumped an expensive re-engineering project in the manufactures lap and then proclaimed themselves forward thinkers.

mapguy
04-24-04, 09:33 PM
How do we know this isn't the real Michael?

just curious

Here's the real one. (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/member.php?u=393)

Brickman
04-24-04, 09:34 PM
I think the repulsive thing about the IRL's aproach is the fact that Barnhardt and Nation are both on record saying there was no problem while behind the scenes the debate was on how they could cure the problem without calling for a complete overhaul of the formula.

Here! Here!

Accidents happen, not all engineering specs work right out of the box. But to deny the truth is simply WRONG. In my opinion there was plenty of evidence that showed a clear pattern. Comparing any 2003 accident to the IRL Atlanta "Big One" where cars didn't score 9.0's is enough proof. Bad PR not being forthright and honest. IMHO bad judgment.

Railbird
04-24-04, 09:54 PM
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/member.php?u=393

then why is this other ******* allowed to use Michael's name?

name jumping used to be one of my pet peeves on some of the old un moderated boards.

nrc
04-24-04, 10:18 PM
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/member.php?u=393

then why is this other ******* allowed to use Michael's name?

name jumping used to be one of my pet peeves on some of the old un moderated boards.

Did anyone notice it and complain? Is WB aware?

Brickman
04-24-04, 11:16 PM
Did anyone notice it and complain? Is WB aware?

He became aware. He deleted three of Bert Backracked posts... a simple member search gives you a flavor of them.

The TF discussion that was referenced above (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38973&perpage=25&highlight=wickerbill&pagenumber=1)

Ankf00
04-24-04, 11:42 PM
so me registering an alter-ego as Optimus Prime or Colonel Sanders is out of the question? :(

RaceGrrl
04-24-04, 11:46 PM
I think he meant it's wrong if someone else registers as Ankfoo, or something similar to your name, to imitate you.

Brickman
04-24-04, 11:48 PM
so me registering an alter-ego as Optimus Prime or Colonel Sanders is out of the question? :(

No you (http://www.zebracar.com/halloween%202001.htm) or Keith may not. ;)

JT265
04-24-04, 11:52 PM
He became aware. He deleted three of Bert Backracked posts... a simple member search gives you a flavor of them.

The TF discussion that was referenced above (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38973&perpage=25&highlight=wickerbill&pagenumber=1)

Brick, I've determined that you're needy, but I'm having a problem deciding what it is that you need. Is it,

1) Glasses?

2) Validation?

3) Release?

The question posed by Railbird and responded to by NRC concerned 'identity theft" as opposed to cheesy posts.

Just trying to help. ;)

Ziggy
04-24-04, 11:56 PM
:rofl:

chat anyone?

Ziggy

nrc
04-25-04, 12:14 AM
The question posed by Railbird and responded to by NRC concerned 'identity theft" as opposed to cheesy posts.

You are correct, sir.

Ankf00
04-25-04, 12:14 AM
I think he meant it's wrong if someone else registers as Ankfoo, or something similar to your name, to imitate you.
sweet! so the revenge of Optimus Prime remains possible! :D

Brickman
04-25-04, 12:46 AM
Brick, I've determined that you're needy, but I'm having a problem deciding what it is that you need. Is it,

1) Glasses?

2) Validation?

3) Release?

Just trying to help. ;)

Thanks... went simply right over my head. I was still the other subject.

Yes glasses. This pair got scratched up bad during the kitchen remodel, can't find my good ones and I'm just screwing up left and right. Thank god for over draft protection... and your input. I needed them both.

Racewriter
04-25-04, 02:07 PM
I'm just guessing here, based on the content and the posting style, but I'm gonna hazard a guess that "Michael Delaney" was yet another alter ego for Doc Austin, on a crusade.

The Real Delaney
04-25-04, 03:14 PM
Greetings from the wiseazz formerly known far and wide as "Michael Delaney". I want to make it clear that the guy posting here under my old handle is not me.

I've lost my taste for online "discussions" so I don't post anywhere anymore. But I want to assure you that this guy here is not me.

To all of you, I wish you the best in 2004 ...

... and FTG.

RaceGrrl
04-25-04, 03:34 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, though 'bird figured it out pretty quickly. Looks like the Boss did too: member profile (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/member.php?userid=392)

KLang
04-25-04, 03:58 PM
To all of you, I wish you the best in 2004 ...

... and FTG.

I don't remember this guy from 7G but he seems to have the right attitude. :thumbup:

Ziggy
04-25-04, 05:54 PM
Mr Lang

He didnt waste his time at 7G. (no pom poms would be my guess) He posted at SpeedNet from 97 thru 01

Ziggy

KLang
04-25-04, 05:59 PM
Mr Lang

He didnt waste his time at 7G. (no pom poms would be my guess) He posted at SpeedNet from 97 thru 01

Ziggy

No need to be formal, K is just fine. :)

I was around there and then as well but mostly lurked. Guess my memory is going.