PDA

View Full Version : The New Champcarworldseries.com site is up

devilmaster
04-14-04, 11:14 PM
Hard Driver noticed it first, but i thought a new thread would be more noticable.

www.champcarworldseries.com

BTW, I logged into the new race director....

6 video streams
live audio
live T&S

Also, the director has 18 drivers listed...... Moreno and Servia are there.

Steve

devilmaster
04-14-04, 11:20 PM
I gotta agree with HD....

I do like the new site....

The substance is pretty much the same, but has a nicer look, imo.

Steve

KLang
04-14-04, 11:31 PM
:thumbup:
Changes are mostly cosmetic but I like the look. Race director looks cool. I already signed up.

also:

Choose any driver on track to listen to live car-to-pit radio

devilmaster
04-14-04, 11:35 PM
The only downside, it looks like all the video, the speed-on-demand races, driver interviews and such will all be pay to see now.

I can't see a way to access any multimedia except through the race director which is 20 bucks a year.

Steve

IlliniRacer
04-15-04, 12:48 AM
Be sure to check the Fan Resources --> Downloads section of the website. AWESOME audio clips!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Direct Link (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/FanResources/Downloads.asp)

FCYTravis
04-15-04, 01:19 AM
Yeah, but $20 a year for six streaming video channels and all 18 driver radio feeds? That's a freakin' STEAL IMO.

Plus if you sign up now it's free for the first two races at Long Beach and Monterrey.

Not a bad deal at all.

Robstar
04-15-04, 01:31 AM
I'm on Dial-Up at home...
It wouldn't work right ?

Sean O'Gorman
04-15-04, 01:39 AM
Does anyone know if the Race Director thing includes Atlantics races?

nrc
04-15-04, 08:09 AM
Blah, no indication so far that the video feeds will work with anything but Windows Media player. It didn't even seem to work in Mozilla on our Windows machine. Right now all it says is that the selected program isn't available. Maybe it will work once they get actual live content. I can view it on my standalone WM player if I can get a normal URL for the WM stream.

Mr. Vengeance
04-15-04, 08:48 AM
Looks like no COLRS this year... Pisser.

It looks a lot better than the old site, though. :thumbup:

Purple Panic
04-15-04, 09:18 AM
I like the look, but I too am dismayed that we can no longer get live timing and scoring and live audio for free.... It may be "a steal" at $20 per year, but I hadn't really wanted the video feeds...just the T&S and broadcast. I'm gonna guess that this is going to lock out anybody with either dial-up or an older (slower) machine because it takes a lot of RAM to maintain a video feed, as opposed to the T&S, which doesn't take up much space. I don't think it's very fair.

racer2c
04-15-04, 10:12 AM
You're right Steve. It's pretty much the same site with a dark motif. Personally, I would have incorporated a Champ Car on the top section like the last one.

MAXAR RE
04-15-04, 10:38 AM
I'm on Dial-Up at home...
It wouldn't work right ?

Not very well. I would seriously recommend that you upgrade to DSL, cable, or even Directway if DSL or cable are not available for you. You are a serious fan of Champ Car, and this a huge deal for fans like us. $20 is the deal of the month for this kind of coverage!

Turn7
04-15-04, 10:40 AM
I don't think it's very fair.

Like I tell my daughter, I don't think you really want life to be fair. If it was, we'd be living in a grass hut with dirt floors eating rice and rats every night.

I like things being a little unfair. :thumbup: :D

JoeBob
04-15-04, 11:19 AM
One interesting addition is the Trans Am Series Logo below the Toyota Atlantic Logo. (There used to be a link to Skip Barber, but that is gone.)

Oh, and 20 bucks a year for Race Director has to be the bargain of the year!

Steve99
04-15-04, 11:24 AM
How will Race Director work with the races being tape delayed? Will they repeat the data to match the delay?

Chief
04-15-04, 11:46 AM
Ya gotta love the internet! Thanks CCWS!!!
:thumbup:

Turn7
04-15-04, 11:53 AM
One interesting addition is the Trans Am Series Logo below the Toyota Atlantic Logo. (There used to be a link to Skip Barber, but that is gone.)

Oh, and 20 bucks a year for Race Director has to be the bargain of the year!

The T/A link has been on the site for the past 3 weeks or so.

Hard Driver
04-15-04, 12:13 PM
Like I tell my daughter, I don't think you really want life to be fair. If it was, we'd be living in a grass hut with dirt floors eating rice and rats every night.

I like things being a little unfair. :thumbup: :D

I'm going to use that one with my kids.
:cool:

Corner5
04-15-04, 01:02 PM
It looks great and I'm signed up. :cool:

scanman
04-15-04, 01:21 PM
I signed up also.. I'm glad it's free for the first race as i'm on an
older MAC 233mg. on cable and lots of ram...
I could never get the "speed on demand" to work..but for those who
can get it to work, I think $20 is a bargoon...:fingerscrossed:

indyfan31
04-15-04, 01:31 PM
I'm going to use that one with my kids.
:cool:
You might try my wife's favorite: "Fair is what you use to get on a bus".

L1P1
04-15-04, 07:04 PM
This is great! It looks like they did things right with Director. I normally shy away from subscription web services, but this is priced right and offers true value. Just the radio coverage alone might be worth it. Imagine participating in a chat room during the race with members who are collectively listening to all the cars....

I think I'll start with the free trial just to make sure though. I think they did a pretty smart thing to offer the free trial. Since it's new, some glitches may be expected and it's better from their perspective if everyone's enjoying a freebie.

I hope they'll think to offer a 'tape delay' of the service - synched up with tape delayed broadcasts.

Great new look too. Professional, bold, but not overdone. Other than the important business of the court case and the car count, I was looking for something truly new and exciting out of the new ownership. I think this is the first - and hope it's not the last.

koolracer
04-16-04, 11:26 AM
It seems that the timing and scoring are available without signing up if you know the URL.

This may be just because they are not fully set up yet, with payment for the service, but I wonder what other parts are available without password.

RaceGrrl
04-16-04, 07:09 PM
I was very disappointed to not be able to access T&S today at work. It's just not right- to be a ChampCar fan and miss practice and quals. My workplace internet access problems are a horror story. (will post details on that later)

cart7
04-16-04, 08:11 PM
I'm signed up.

I know what you mean grrl, I'm not sure how this new Race Director will work at my workstation at work. I'll find out Monday when I try and set it up. It looks like I'll be spending the day, err... , modifying my computer. ;)

nrc
04-16-04, 09:04 PM
The whole darn site seems to be down right now. :/

KLang
04-16-04, 09:27 PM
The whole darn site seems to be down right now. :/

It's up now at 8:30 central time.