PDA

View Full Version : The Button in Quals?

racer2c
04-14-04, 10:06 PM
How is the Button going to play out in qualifying? I don't recall it being brought up, but I'm sure it has. I think they should not have the button during qualifying from a fan perspective. It would be hard to gauge how the drivers are matching up. Who used it, and how many times etc.

I think that they should make flames come out the exhaust so that the TV viewers and the fans in the stands can see who is using the button and when. Kinda like our version of the NFL first down line and the NHL hockey puck trail experiment. Hey, the IRL superimposes over empty stands, we can have 'real' flames! (smileys withheld for dramatic effect).

RaceGrrl
04-14-04, 10:17 PM
Qualifying has to be based on driver skill and car setup, not some stupid gimmick.

Robstar
04-14-04, 10:21 PM
Paul Tracy on cart.com...

“I don’t think it should be available for testing anymore now that everybody’s had an opportunity to try it. It’s not going to be available for practice and qualifying but it’s definitely going to add an opportunity in the race."

Railbird
04-14-04, 10:27 PM
flaming turbos!!!!

I'm right there with ya 2c

while we're at it lets bring back the magnesium skid pads.

cart7
04-14-04, 10:29 PM
I suppose this'll be something like Hornish pulling the pin, ceptin everybody gets a button? :rolleyes:

skidmarks
04-14-04, 11:49 PM
The earl drivers get confused with too many buttons on the steering wheel.

Sam's button is run by race control, just like the yellow dash board lights.

Winston Wolfe
04-14-04, 11:51 PM
Sam's button is run by race control, just like the yellow dash board lights.

Well, except those were for HCN..... :eek:

Insomniac
04-15-04, 08:29 AM
There are flames coming out of the exhaust, they're just hard to see in the light. Remember Cleveland and Milwaukee?