PDA

View Full Version : Old Dario quote.

mapguy
04-14-04, 06:03 PM
From Deep Throttle's Thoughts of the Vancouver 2002 race. (http://www.deepthrottle.com/Thoughts/02_vancouver_thoughts.shtml)

When you show up here on a Friday for the first round of practice and the stands are full, it's special. Anyone who leaves here and has any negative thoughts on CART should go in and see a doctor

Paging Doctor Killjoy.... We have a patient suffering from early signs of dimentia.

Eff you Dario. I followed your career from the beginning. I was stoked when you cleaned up in Formula Vauxhaul (Opel) and was dissapointed when that wanker Magnussen beat you in British F3. I followed you in your change to Touring Cars when you drove for Mercedes in the German series. I was totally stoked when you signed for Carl Hogan to run in CART. Now you are just another whore for the Honda Yen.

:thumdown:

lone_groover
04-14-04, 06:23 PM
Dumb ho'. Already walking around with skinned knees and a sore neck - and it ain't even Sparta yet.

RichK
04-14-04, 06:30 PM
Oh please don't malign the Tradition that is Sparta.

Lizzerd
04-14-04, 06:35 PM
The only nice thing I have to say about Dario is that he has a good looking (and rich) wife. Oh, and he did have a nice looking paint job on his blue Kool car.

Winston Wolfe
04-14-04, 06:35 PM
Eff you Dario. I followed your career from the beginning. I was stoked when you cleaned up in Formula Vauxhaul (Opel) and was dissapointed when that wanker Magnussen beat you in British F3. I followed you in your change to Touring Cars when you drove for Mercedes in the German series. I was totally stoked when you signed for Carl Hogan to run in CART. Now you are just another whore for the Honda Yen.

I'm with ya, Mapguy... i went out and bought some of his gear a few years back, couple of shirts, his 1\2 scale replica helmet, bought his 1\43 die cast, and was generally pretty happy with his TKG performance, although I was not a big fan of Tracy at the time.
That has all since changed. I used to put up with his whining, because he got stuff done on the track. Now he is just a kool aid sipping, round-y-round driving, soon to be washed up, and bitter, ex CART and Road Racing guy, who never lived up to his potential. EFF him.... you are correct, sir.

JT265
04-14-04, 07:15 PM
Full stands on Friday?? THAT'S RICH!!!! And I suppose that if you buy a hot dog the vendor marks down that he sold three, right? And, NO ONE shows up for a CART "street parade" to watch the race anyway. Besides, I enlisted the help of dePender and Indyfool and we counted all the stands, and there are only 489 seats at the venue, so how could it be full?!?!?!?!?

And, my copy of the 3rd quarter 10Q for 2002 actually shows a decrease in the number of tickets sold, and the fact that da Matta has never returned is quite telling as well. Also, this "event" :shakehead doesn't have the history or panache of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race, so unfortunately, I'm going to need a more reliable source than Dario Franchitti before I am convinced.

SSDD.

Dario,

bite me ho.

datachicane
04-14-04, 07:25 PM
Geeze, I'd almost swear I read that Wilke post back on SpeedNet.

Sometimes I wonder if FTG slipped with the sonic screwdriver and sent us all to bizarro world...
:saywhat:

G.
04-14-04, 07:41 PM
Um, not to try to squash your rant/dislike against DF, but he did try to get a champcar ride this season. No one could pay his price.

That is all. Carry on.

datachicane
04-14-04, 07:53 PM
Um, not to try to squash your rant/dislike against DF, but he did try to get a champcar ride this season. No one could pay his price.

That is all. Carry on.

I tried to become the Treasury Secretary of Nigeria, but no one could pay my price.

Then I tried to buy General Motors, but they wouldn't accept my offer.
:rolleyes:

Insomniac
04-14-04, 08:04 PM
When did he bad mouth CART?

datachicane
04-14-04, 08:13 PM
I was a huge Mikey fan. I was thrilled when he beat Nige at Surfer's '94, and when Al Jr's Ilmor space shuttled at RA in '96.

I was a big Helio fan. I followed him in the minors, and was amazed at the results he wrung out of the sole Lola for Hogan in '99. His getting a ride in '00 helped take the tiniest bit of pain out of Greggy's loss.

I thought Dario was the real deal. I didn't care that he whined, and defended him when he did. The results on the track were what mattered, I argued, and he produced.

I didn't abandon them- they abandoned me. I go to the same races now I did then, spend the same money, etc., etc.

Someday, if they decide to become positively involved in a sport that interests me, I may take interest in them again. In the meantime, they're just a few more guys who decided to stick a knife in the back of something I loved for a buck. Make no mistake, though, I'd never turn my back on any of 'em.

Ankf00
04-14-04, 08:41 PM
faith in sports figures is overrated, unless he's gretzky in which case he carries himself with such class he more than makes up for it.

JT265
04-14-04, 08:45 PM

That is all. Carry on.

So, what's his price? Thirty pieces of silver? There are a few others (with waaaay better CV's to boot) that stuck it out in ChampCar. Seems their "price" could be paid.

sundaydriver2
04-14-04, 09:08 PM
Dario doesn't need to race for money. :shakehead

Maybe he's just jealous that his wife makes more than he does. :cry:

Railbird
04-14-04, 09:20 PM
If you want loyalty buy a dog.

I never was to fond of the nancy boy in the first place but I can't fault him for following the yen.

It isn't like he grew up dreaming of being the poster boy for Champcar, once he washed out of the F1 scene he was just another racer lookin for a paycheck.

tantra
04-14-04, 09:36 PM
It was sad when some of the good racers chose, or had, to go to the other series to find a ride and/or make a living. I enjoyed waching them apply their skills with CART.

I worry about their health now, and hope that each of them can get out of that archaic racing before they suffer yet morer physical injury or die doing something that most racers consider too dumb to be involved in.

As regards their careers, at best that aspect of their life is on hold until they can get back to racing on the road courses.

Perhaps I expected/wished for too much from the young guys who came from other lands to the U.S. to race. To see them working in such a risk-filled and lack-luster job seems a waste of their talent and a loss of their dreams.

racer2c
04-14-04, 09:42 PM
What's a Dario?

racer2c
04-14-04, 09:44 PM
If you want loyalty buy a dog.

I never was to fond of the nancy boy in the first place but I can't fault him for following the yen.

It isn't like he grew up dreaming of being the poster boy for Champcar, once he washed out of the F1 scene he was just another racer lookin for a paycheck.

I think Ashley liked ChampCar more than he did. :eek:

Robstar
04-14-04, 09:45 PM
What's a Dario?

I'm enjoying this dry humour thing of yours r2c...

:thumbup: :D

racer2c
04-14-04, 09:47 PM
I'm enjoying this dry humour thing of yours r2c...

:thumbup: :D

Finally someone who 'gets' it! Thanks Rob. I'm rollin' over here.

cart7
04-14-04, 10:27 PM
I met him, pre-Ashley, when I wandered into Hogans shop one day which was a couple blocks from where I work. Seemed like a nice enough chap and he might have had F1 potential had he not found the wall at Homestead.

Money or not, odd choice of a racing series for him though.

JLMannin
04-15-04, 12:42 PM
What's a Dario?

This should be restated as:

What, pray tell, is a Dario?

That is, if I remember correctly.

Corner5
04-15-04, 01:15 PM
I'm not making excuses,but, I think a few of those drivers were sold a bill of goods from teams and agents that with every nail TG tried to put in the coffin of CART it would surely be dead the following year.With every announcement at season's end that this team or that manufacturer was going to irl,the D&G and the end is near was touted over and over. Some of these guys probably thought they were ahead of the game signing before the rush. In the end,they realized it it wasn't true,CART survives and they are stuck in contracts going around in circles.TG never thought it would turn out this way.
Meanwhile ,some of those drivers are longing for the days of RR-ing and biding their time in a series nobody cares about. JMHO!

flobee1kenobi
04-15-04, 10:51 PM
So, what's his price?
two hogs and a plate full of haggis :laugh: :laugh:

Jervis Tetch 1
04-16-04, 12:15 AM
faith in sports figures is overrated, unless he's gretzky in which case he carries himself with such class he more than makes up for it.
Not to change the subject on this, but I do know of one episode where Wayne wasn't his usual class self.

But on to the matter at hand, I wonder what Dashley has to say about the wonderful WEEKEND crowds that clamour for seats in the I*L? Myopia is also slowly creeping into the dementia.

pchall
04-16-04, 10:50 AM
What's a Dario?
A Helio dressing straight?

JT265
04-16-04, 10:58 AM
A Helio dressing straight?

Now that's funny! :thumbup: