PDA

View Full Version : Damian Dottore finally "gets it".

indyfan31
04-14-04, 03:39 PM
For months (maybe years?) Damian Dottore, the motorsports writer for the Orange County Register, has been praising the virtues of the IRL while knocking CART at almost every opportunity. Well, he took a ride in the two-seater at the hands of Paul Tracy and had an epiphany. In today's article (http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/ocr/article.do?id=90301&section=SPORTS&subsection=MOTORSPORTS&year=2004&month=4&day=14) he writes about his experience. Suffice it to say that the closing paragraph shows he's learned what some of us have known for a long time (even without a ride in a champcar):

"After eight laps, Tracy finally decided to pull into the pits. I was kind of glad, because after all of the bouncing around and decelerating, I did feel nauseous. I actually had a hard time keeping my balance once I climbed out.

Now, I finally understand why three guys are trying to save this series. These cars are unbelievable. It was a ride I never will forget. "

Joe in LA
04-14-04, 04:34 PM
I stopped reading him after his comments about he bankruptcy decision. Made my blood boil. Glad to see he had something positive to say. I may have to read him the rest of this week.

Don Quixote
04-14-04, 06:50 PM
That is a great description of a ride in a champcar on a street circuit. Worth the hastle of registering on their silly web site. What a great idea to put journalists in a cockpit with Tracy at the wheel. :cool:

Anteater
04-14-04, 06:56 PM
I dismissed Damian Dottore as an IRL shill awhile back, but today's Register column made me laugh out loud with pure joy. FINALLY Dottore has something positive to say about Champ Cars! :thumbup: :cool:

Funny thing--when I read about the media getting rides in the 2-seater, I thought, "Oh please take that IRL shill Dottore for a ride!"