PDA

View Full Version : Paper & PT's Mom

Corner5
04-14-04, 01:54 PM
Anybody read the cute story from Paper about how he met PT's Mom. All the ex-7G-er's will get a kick out of this-

Paper's Story (http://www.champweb.net/column.php?t=c&id=25214)

turn1
04-14-04, 02:18 PM
Awesome column. Hopefully all of us can or have experienced stories of a similar nature. I think I could fill a small book but suddenly the memories wouldnt be as special.

This, however, was heart warming.

tantra
04-14-04, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=Corner5]Anybody read the cute story from Paper about how he met PT's Mom. All the ex-7G-er's will get a kick out of this-

Thanks for the link.
I also remember the first post I read from 'P's Mom was on 7G a couple of years ago.

Wally
04-14-04, 03:35 PM
Good old Paper. Thanks for the must read. :thumbup:

FTG
04-14-04, 03:52 PM
Proper punctuation,,,, makes a big difference,,, much easier to read,,,

goldpanracing
04-14-04, 04:50 PM
Anybody read the cute story from Paper about how he met PT's Mom. All the ex-7G-er's will get a kick out of this-

Paper's Story (http://www.champweb.net/column.php?t=c&id=25214)

Great Story from paper--i was at the get together in to before PT thrilled the hometown and will try to post some pics from that night soon

racer2c
04-14-04, 04:58 PM
I wonder if paper ever made a paper paper?

Steve99
04-14-04, 05:35 PM
Nice stories. I'm glad it had a happy ending. I was beginning to get worried, it was starting to sound like a eulogy.

tx-racefan
04-14-04, 07:12 PM
Man-o-man,

P.T.'s mom sure does sound like a nice lady, but that was sappier'n a Van Halen power ballad! The least Paper could do was to publish Mrs. Paul's favorite brownie recipe. The one she used to bulk up Paul, before those Vegas strippers put him on a diet.

Amanda B.'s Mom
04-14-04, 07:35 PM
What a wonderful article. I read many of PT's Mom's posts on 7th Gear. She was a joy to have as a member. Someday I hope to meet this wonderful lady.

Corner5
04-14-04, 07:38 PM
I met PT's Mom at the 7G get-together at the Milwaukee race last year.
She is a great lady! :)

RTKar
04-14-04, 10:49 PM
"I learned that in Paul’s first race in Michigan she was sitting in the highest seats. Paul hit the wall hard coming out of turn 3. Everyone stood up and Vivienne could not see. She was loaned some binoculars but needed to get out of those stands as quickly as possible. It seemed like a lifetime as she rushed to see if Paul was OK. The frustration of being hemmed in caused her to stay as close to the track as possible in the future."

My friends and I sat directly behind her group, the top row underneath the press box at MIS near the start finish line.The row in front was full of Canadians watching Paul. I mentioned that race to her last year at Milwaukee and that my friends and I sat behind her and some of the details I remembered... She couldn't bare to watch PT in traffic, she'd turn her head everytime. I may have been the guy who lent her the binoculars...my memory is a little fuzzy, but I do recall her bolting from her seat when PT hit the wall.

Robstar
04-14-04, 10:50 PM
I wonder if paper ever made a paper paper?

:rofl:

Lizzerd
04-14-04, 11:15 PM
"I learned that in Paul?s first race in Michigan she was sitting in the highest seats. Paul hit the wall hard coming out of turn 3. Everyone stood up and Vivienne could not see. She was loaned some binoculars but needed to get out of those stands as quickly as possible. It seemed like a lifetime as she rushed to see if Paul was OK. The frustration of being hemmed in caused her to stay as close to the track as possible in the future."

My friends and I sat directly behind her group, the top row underneath the press box at MIS near the start finish line.The row in front was full of Canadians watching Paul. I mentioned that race to her last year at Milwaukee and that my friends and I sat behind her and some of the details I remembered... She couldn't bare to watch PT in traffic, she'd turn her head everytime. I may have been the guy who lent her the binoculars...my memory is a little fuzzy, but I do I recall her bolting from her seat when PT hit the wall.

I was in the turn three infield. It was when I was a Penske hater before I became indifferent about him and before I started hating him again. It was a good looking car. Blue and white with Mobile 1 on the sidepod. The wreck happened just to the left of me, but I was looking another driection at the time and only turned to look when I heard the impact. It was kinda scary because he trashed the car.

Sean O'Gorman
04-14-04, 11:18 PM
PT's Mom is good people. At the Cleveland GP I had a media parking pass (don't ask how I came about that one :) ) and would go back to my spot on occasion to grab something out of the cooler in my trunk, and I noticed a minivan with an Indy vanity plate and PT stickers all over the back. One time I noticed she was laying in the back, so I introduced myself and talked a few minutes. Now I was just another schmuck from 7G, so it surprised me that she recognized my name, and even more when I was walking to my seats on Saturday when she spotted me and said hi. :)