PDA

View Full Version : Indy area LBGP veiwing

Railbird
04-13-04, 09:24 PM
I can't make C'bus Sunday, I've gotta work all weekend.

So....

I had been hoping to find a place here in Indy where we could regularly check out quals and some of the extended coverage offered on HDnet anyway, so I wandered up to The Ale Emporium where I was lucky enough to have a conversation with the manager. When I told him what I had in mind he was fairly enthused as he told me about "a hell of a crowd" he had last year for "that CART race somewhere that nobody could get on regular TV". I told him that this was basicaly the same series and that these fans would be looking for a good place to catch some track action all season long.

He is definately interested in having "four/five or twenty of you guys" show up Saturday and Sunday.

The TV layout is nothing if not numorous. Several non hi-def units are mixed with the array of high def flatscreens. The bar area has one large screen standard TV and three hi-def smaller units with the main hi def big screen sitting in the adjacent dining area with several tabels arranged around it. Manager guy said "you guys can have this area" as I stood in the there admiring this big ass Panansonic flat screen.

So for those of us who can't make the Columbus trip, or maybe for some who aren't leaving till later, come on up and join us in getting a toehold on a place where we can gather for food fun and a some ChampCar action this season.

The yet to be announced NBA playoff schedule could effect our qualifying viewing pleasure but the manager said that even if the Pacers play a Saturday afternoon game he was pretty sure he could shift the Long Beach quals broadcast over to a couple of the standerd TVs so we could check out that session, albeit without hi-def.

I'll be heading back up there Thursday afternoon after the playoff schedule is released to finalize this deal.

Drop the Flag!

racer2c
04-13-04, 09:51 PM
I wish I was in C-bus or Indy watching LB with you fine people. Sounds like a blast!

Spicoli
04-14-04, 05:01 PM
I'll be there with Brickman.

JT265
04-14-04, 07:28 PM

In that case I'll bring Lemming 51.

:D

Brickman
04-14-04, 09:53 PM

What???

You didn't even send me an invitation!!! :mad:

Spicoli
04-15-04, 02:45 AM
What???

You didn't even send me an invitation!!! :mad:

Start now. I'll time you.

Brickman
04-15-04, 10:30 AM
Start now. I'll time you.

I saw the web site dedicated to you.

Is that really you in the orange shirt?

Railbird
04-16-04, 08:42 PM
details, details, details:

The Ale Emporium
8617 Allisonville Road
842 1333

In a strip mall on the North East corner of 86th and Allisonville

3:30 Saturday quals
2:30 Sunday race

The Trans Am race follows the ChampCars Sunday on HDnet

Spicoli
04-17-04, 10:01 AM
details, details, details:

The Ale Emporium
8617 Allisonville Road
842 1333

In a strip mall on the North East corner of 86th and Allisonville

3:30 Saturday quals
2:30 Sunday race

The Trans Am race follows the ChampCars Sunday on HDnet

I'll be there with a couple fans in tow. :)

Ziggy? You gonna make it??

Spicoli
04-17-04, 10:12 AM
I'll be there with a couple fans in tow. :)

Ziggy? You gonna make it??

I'll be there today - just to clarify ;)

BigIrlFan
04-17-04, 02:50 PM
TOO bad me and BUcks hiden the Still todays, CAUse I wouLD suRE LIek to MEet uP wif sum of THese NAncyboYs in PErson. I COuld taKE out bOUt thRee bleaTers with one SHot

KEEp pRayen For WatER to RUn uPhill you CArt STreet RAce LOOsers

BiF#

Spicoli
04-17-04, 03:17 PM
TOO bad me and BUcks hiden the Still todays, CAUse I wouLD suRE LIek to MEet uP wif sum of THese NAncyboYs in PErson. I COuld taKE out bOUt thRee bleaTers with one SHot

KEEp pRayen For WatER to RUn uPhill you CArt STreet RAce LOOsers

BiF#

Wussie.

Railbird
04-17-04, 08:28 PM
as at the track itself, we had a small but enthusiastic crowd today at The Ale Emporium. The wait staff was more than accomodating and the TV was great.

Join us tomorrow at 2:30 Indy time for pre race.

Spicoli
04-17-04, 09:12 PM
as at the track itself, we had a small but enthusiastic crowd today at The Ale Emporium. The wait staff was more than accomodating and the TV was great.

Join us tomorrow at 2:30 Indy time for pre race.

Bob Jenkins shoiuld at least act like he is having fun.

**** thwt assholio

Railbird
04-18-04, 12:49 PM
2:30pm gomer central

be there

Railbird
04-18-04, 09:23 PM
A little larger, and a whole lot more civil ;) , crowd gathered today to check out the opener.

Good fans food and drink came together for a great time watching the rebirth of Champcar racing.

I'm gonna keep working this deal all year.

Come join us

Spicoli
04-18-04, 09:34 PM
A little larger, and a whole lot more civil ;) , crowd gathered today to check out the opener.

Good fans food and drink came together for a great time watching the rebirth of Champcar racing.

I'm gonna keep working this deal all year.

Come join us

Gee, thanks pal.

Q: Was the HDNet version what you watched? If so - was it commercisal free like yesterday? If it was, screw the Spike version, it sucked.

Railbird
04-18-04, 10:45 PM
Commercial free dood

For those of us who ventured from their couches that is.

DjDrOmusic
04-19-04, 01:52 AM
Hey Railbird, I'm glad the Indy gathering went well, hopefully we can all get together in the near future. :thumbup: :)

Spicoli
04-19-04, 07:58 AM
Commercial free dood

For those of us who ventured from their couches that is.

that's an unkind statement. :gomer:

See yout here in May.