PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 4/15 at Long Beach--is anyone going?

Anteater
04-12-04, 05:10 PM
For years I've been hearing that it's fun to go to Long Beach and tour the paddock on the Thursday before the official start of the GP. Also, there is some cool stuff going on downtown on Thursday 4/ 15 from 3:00pm - 10:00pm:
http://www.downtownlongbeach.org/whatsnew_fr.htm
http://www.longbeachgp.com/news/2004_03_23.html

Since I am still among the ranks of the unemployed, I'm thinking of heading out there Thursday afternoon (plus I can pick up my free Friday tickets while I'm there). Is anyone else going?

Dave99
04-12-04, 08:12 PM
I'll be at the street-fest Thursday afternoon too. Hope to get down there on the early side and watch the teams set up, fuel the cars, fire em up, etc...

I'm sure I'll see you there at some point, Anteater. :)

Fitti Fan
04-13-04, 09:49 AM
:(

Ankf00
04-13-04, 10:30 AM
I'll be with cork bumming around town after I fly in, perhaps we'll see you there!

CARTNUT
04-13-04, 12:19 PM
Ditto what Fitti said:

:(

But, the 'NUTs will be there Friday for practice and qualifying and are hopefully bringing 4 potential new ChampCar fans!

Then it's off to Sacramento Friday night. :(

Then to The Wine Country!!! :D

'NUT

Winston Wolfe
04-13-04, 12:20 PM
I'll be with cork bumming around town after I fly in, perhaps we'll see you there!

If you are "bumming" around, make sure you bring a nice BIG tin cup, as I hear the folks in LB are REALLY generous to the homeless folks !
(Heck you might even make enough to buy that beer for Manic !!!)

Anteater
04-13-04, 11:34 PM
Winston Wolfe, have you checked your PMs lately?

Dave99 and Ank00, hope to see you Thursday. Fitti, I will be thinking of you. :( CARTNUT, I do hope that we will see you, Mrs. 'NUT and the Lockwashers at the track Friday (since it will be our only chance apparently). I will have Mr. Anteater, my nephew and his girlfriend with me at the track. They've never been to the LBGP--can't wait to find out what they think of it all!

ANAYA YATES
04-14-04, 12:44 PM
Hey all,

I'll be there Thursday around 5pm. Hope to catch up with some of you.

Check LBGP Invite thread for the At The Track Meeting on Friday.

12:30pm in fornt of The Lifestyle Expo

ANAYA YATES