PDA

View Full Version : Robin says its Enge & Servia for Coyne

Corner5
04-12-04, 01:54 PM
From SPEED news-

http://speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/10606/

datachicane
04-12-04, 02:00 PM
Juheez, that's a strong lineup for Coyne.
:eek:

Seems like a waste of talent if Coyne's planning more of the same. Is it possible/conceivable that he's modified his business plan to include actual results? Probably wishful thinking on my part...

JoeBob
04-12-04, 02:01 PM
Awesome. For all the talk about the demise of ChampCar, this year's class looks like a very solid grid. With Enge and Servia, might we see a Coyne car competing for the win? I'd love to see it happen!

Corner5
04-12-04, 02:02 PM
I would love to see Coyne get a podium!!!! :eek: ;)

pchall
04-12-04, 02:06 PM
DCR Superteam! Cookie Boy and Funny Brownie Boy!
:cool:

Riverside
04-12-04, 02:16 PM
Quality backmarkers from Coyne, it'll take a couple more laps before his cars get lapped this year. :D

Wabbit
04-12-04, 02:18 PM
When is Coyne planning on announcing, Sunday as they do driver intros?

Railbird
04-12-04, 02:47 PM
good news on the driver front, now let's see if it's backed up on the engineering/testing deal.

lateralus42
04-12-04, 03:01 PM
If anyone can take one of the banana cars to the front, its Enge.

well, not fighting for the lead, but at least in the top 10.

pchall
04-12-04, 03:03 PM
good news on the driver front, now let's see if it's backed up on the engineering/testing deal.

DCR is supposed to be testing at Fontana on the infield road course today and tomorrow. Can't wait to hear a confirmation on that -- a preseason test for Coyne is almost unheard of!

Ankf00
04-12-04, 03:08 PM
damn, this is one nice grid

no tiago, gonzales, fernandez, etc

add wilson enge servia aj

theunions
04-12-04, 04:18 PM
DCR is supposed to be testing at Fontana on the infield road course today and tomorrow.

With Marques in lieu of Enge???

theunions
04-12-04, 04:19 PM
damn, this is one nice grid

no tiago, gonzales, fernandez, etc

Gonzalez is still there...

mapguy
04-12-04, 04:35 PM
Someone should tell Robin that Enge is not a Swede.

Ankf00
04-12-04, 06:08 PM
Gonzalez is still there...

oh well, can't ask for too much

Ratattack
04-12-04, 07:00 PM
It would be great to see DC get two known drivers like them. Hope it's true and I hope they get some top 3 finishes this year..

theunions
04-12-04, 07:41 PM
When is Coyne planning on announcing, Sunday as they do driver intros?

Almost...9 am Friday in the trackside interview room! :eek:

Insomniac
04-12-04, 07:59 PM
"I'll admit that those of us who were left were worried about our futures," said defending champ Paul Tracy. "I was surfing the internet every day trying to find out about my career and I was hoping for the best."

Classic! :)

Corner5
04-12-04, 08:07 PM

Enge will doing LeMans and will miss some races. Keohane or Melo is rumored to fill in.

Maybe some musical chairs at DCR!

dreamracer
04-12-04, 08:23 PM
MarK C is dropping hints that it's Tarso rather than Enge, and then Servia

pfc_m_drake
04-12-04, 08:23 PM
Classic! :)
Not classic. Sad. PT's boss is one of the OWRS principlals and yet he had to resort to internet rumors for information.

I understand that he likely said it tounge-in-cheek, but suddenly Adrian Fernandez's claims about lack of available information regarding OWRS's future have a new ring of truth to them.

dreamracer
04-12-04, 08:25 PM
Well, PT reads the forums, so he was probably as confused as we were.

And while I'm thinkin' of it... Hey PT, good luck this weekend. :) ;)

Spicoli
04-12-04, 08:30 PM

Bingo. ;) Robin ia wrong, but it won't be announced til Friday. :eek:

TARSO! Wooohooo!

sundaydriver2
04-12-04, 10:37 PM
All I remember about Tarso is the race at Chicago where Montoya was trying to get around him for about 50 laps.

He did have a cool looking car though.

SID
04-13-04, 07:00 AM
Not classic. Sad. PT's boss is one of the OWRS principlals and yet he had to resort to internet rumors for information.

I understand that he likely said it tounge-in-cheek, but suddenly Adrian Fernandez's claims about lack of available information regarding OWRS's future have a new ring of truth to them.

I think the principles were SERIOUSLY limited in what they could tell ANYONE, due to SEC & other legal issues.

pfc_m_drake
04-13-04, 07:16 AM
I think the principles were SERIOUSLY limited in what they could tell ANYONE, due to SEC & other legal issues.
That may have been true up until the court hearing...I'm not sure what excuse could be offered from Jan 29th through the March 9-10th timeframe.

I think there's one thing you can say for sure: If nothing else, the Rahal-Fernandez defections woke-up the three Amigos to the idea that if they didn't get their act in gear and pony up some bucks, there would NOT be a 2004 season. I think initially that the OWRS owners believed in the following line of thinking: If we buy it, they will come.

I give them credit though - once they found out that wasn't the case, they opened up their wallets, got it in gear, and brought everything together.

Corner5
04-13-04, 11:12 AM
Bingo. ;) Robin ia wrong, but it won't be announced til Friday. :eek:

TARSO! Wooohooo!

Yep!

Insomniac
04-13-04, 12:26 PM

Ahhh, I think it was a little of both. He was joking, but on the other hand, he did say he was the one who told Carp that Rodolpho was in and he was out which is bad (but he didn't get it off the 'net).

I never thought Adrian was lying when he said he didn't have enough information/proof that there would be 18 cars. The others just believed there would be and knew where they wanted to be or didn't want the Yen.

Insomniac
04-13-04, 12:27 PM
All I remember about Tarso is the race at Chicago where Montoya was trying to get around him for about 50 laps.

He did have a cool looking car though.

Didn't he fill in at Penske one year? That's all I seem to remember.

Insomniac
04-13-04, 12:32 PM
That may have been true up until the court hearing...I'm not sure what excuse could be offered from Jan 29th through the March 9-10th timeframe.

I think there's one thing you can say for sure: If nothing else, the Rahal-Fernandez defections woke-up the three Amigos to the idea that if they didn't get their act in gear and pony up some bucks, there would NOT be a 2004 season. I think initially that the OWRS owners believed in the following line of thinking: If we buy it, they will come.

I give them credit though - once they found out that wasn't the case, they opened up their wallets, got it in gear, and brought everything together.

I think they didn't want to do the same thing Pook did before. That was to offer money in the first place to get to 18. They wanted people to step uf first and then use that money to fill up the rest if needed. In 2002, Pook made sure Dixon got a ride to ensure 18 after Pac-West closed up shop. Before 2003 they announced they'd give money to teams. IMO, they didn't work as hard to secure sponsorships and then they got even more money from ESPII. This time around, they did it the smarter way. They wouldn't promise AF money and Honda did. His loss.

sundaydriver2
04-13-04, 01:15 PM
Didn't he fill in at Penske one year? That's all I seem to remember.

Yes, he did. It was the 99 season when Capt Peniske had his POS chassis. I think he ran about 6 races from Japan to Cleveland.

I dont think anybody could have been competitive with piece of junk. In 2000 he was with Coyne the whole year. That's when he blocked Montoya who almost had smoke coming out his ears. Too funny.

Hopefully this time around, Coyne can give him a better car. I think the guy has some talent, how much is anybodys guess.

rabbit
04-13-04, 02:23 PM
According to http://www.champweb.net/

Oriol Servia and Tarso Marques are both testing for Dale Coyne Racing today at Fontana. However, in speaking with Dale Coyne himself, he said, "The drivers testing do not necessarily mean that they are the drivers that will be announced on Friday."

On a side note, the Dale Coyne cars are painted in red and white. Champweb's Augie Hermenegildo is on the scene and will be taking photos of the testing.

Stay tuned to Champweb.net for the latest Champ Car news!

Insomniac
04-13-04, 08:34 PM
New colors. :)

dreamracer
04-13-04, 10:23 PM
http://www.champweb.net/DSC00575.JPG

tarso at the wheel

Fio1
04-14-04, 07:56 PM
Tarso Marques back in business, eh? Well, it sure beats Eliseo Salazar..... :p

Na, Marques is good. But, how good can anyone really do in the Dale Coyne Special?

extramundane
04-14-04, 11:48 PM
FYI, Enge has been w/ F3000 testing the last 2 days, thus his participation at any CCWS events is sketchy, to say the least.

Spicoli
04-15-04, 02:43 AM
Tarso Marques back in business, eh? Well, it sure beats Eliseo Salazar..... :p

Na, Marques is good. But, how good can anyone really do in the Dale Coyne Special?

Dale got extra sauce this time. He will go.