PDA

View Full Version : Tippy interviews Adrian

TippyGomez
04-09-04, 12:51 AM
At an open test at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway today, we sent crack reporter Tippy Gomez to cover the preparations for the upcoming Indianapolis 500. To better inform our readers of the pariticipants, Tippy caught up with fellow countryman Adrian Fernandez while lighting a candle at Holy Trinity Catholic Church in beautiful downtown Haughville.

AF - Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death....

TG - pssssst, hey Adrian, its me Tippy!

AF - Hey Tippy! Long time no see 'bro. Lez me finish up dis rosary and I will meech you out in front

TG - Sorry to bother you while in conference with the big Flagman there buddy. How are things going?

AF - Dang 'bro, things aint going so good. Most of my peepole down in mehico are jist a little bit pizzed about me humping to the eyeRel. I dont know what to tell dem.. I have my raceteam to dhing about. I have over fibysebin employees muchaco, and dats alot of peepole.

TG - Dude, you know, thats what I was gonna ask you. I saw you on the Dave Depain show. You looked like somebody stole your lowrider. Why did you leave right after the big conference at Long Beach?

AF - See Tippy, most peepole dont understands. Gerry and Paul stole my dribber. Some call him a dribber anyway. Dey ooewd me a dribber wit funding de way I say it. Fernandez racing put its hart and soul into Chimpcar. Like I tolt Dave, would eye hab gone to eyeRel without ever testing de eyeRel car? NO! Would I hab waited dis long to go to eyeRel, again, the answer is NO! Peepole dont understands, I got sponsors to keep happy.

TG - You stated on the show that you where not comfortable with the direction of the new Champcar group? Could you be more specific?

AF - Jew know Tippy, like I says on da show. I love Chimpcar. The fans, the tracks, ebbrething.But the Chimpcar we all loved is no longer dere. Penskey, Ganassi, Andwebbi, dey all in eyeRel now. I must keep my eye on de ball, for the future of Fernandez racing and my bank account. Nobobby ebber called me, and I dont care what de roaming charge is for calling Mehico. Dey got TBA dis, and TBA dat. I got to look for meye future. De eyeRel is growing, and eye want to be a part of dat. Many peepole dink that Honda is behind Fernandez Racing jumping to de eyeRel. NOT TRUE! Honda gave me no monies what so ebber to run in de eyeRel.

TG - Champcar has a shortage of Lola's. Where are your Lola's Adrian?

AF - Eye sold dem to Honda for a dollar!!! No kibbing, its a sweet deal. I told dem, " Hey look, I needed de shop space for da Crap, er, er, Indycar". Honda gave me fibe million bucks to store dem cars!!! They are GREAT!!! Told me eye could even keeb deem for dem. Dey are starting a "Powereb by Ford" museum. Much like Chebbie, dey hab takin da attitude if you cant beat em, buy em... See, Honda gave me no monies to run de eyeRel. Da money is for storage!

TG - We know you lost Tecate, as late as last year. Who is your new sponsor?

AF - We gots ClabberGirl Mehico on de car right now. We hope to have several of the associate sponsors coming in from several of the West Washington Street sector of the city of Indianapolis. La Plaza cell phone, El Rodeo Authentic Mexican Cuisine. Several lawn service's have also contacted us. Da BMV of Indiana has strong Mexican ties. Im gonna be dere spokesperson, as its de best place to pick up a fake ID in our new country. I am also working very closely with Tony Stewart as a Latin spokesperson for the JB Byrider car dealerships. Tony talks wiff me da obber day about reaching out to the credit challenged latino market. Indy is where its at for Me. The market is wide open for Tony's vission. With de burgeoning Latino population, I will no doubt be a fan favorite of de eyeRel.

TG - While down at JB Byriders, did you notice Annafeld Corperation? Its right next store. They are aligned with the IRL you know?

AF - Annafeld? What is dis place?

TG - They are the official wheelchair of the IRL

AF - Eye yi yi! Dats why Im in dis church. I get dreams of cheesegraters and drool buckets.. Do I have to kiss Ole Lady Hulman if eye win de race? I guess its a tradition started by Josele Garza. Dey treated me pretty good back in the day, Tony was always wanting to "do some business down my way", so I feel good about dat.

TG - What about your fans? Thousands of Mexican's turned out for Champcar rounds in your home country. What do you say to them?

AF - Well Tippy, Big Lots has a sale on spray paint right now, Im going to head out to Avon, to the Conrail depot, and write them a couple of letters!

tg

SteveH
04-09-04, 12:57 AM
Good one Tippy. Great interview. :thumbup: :D :rofl:

chop456
04-09-04, 01:11 AM
Wow. Amazing that Tippy can get these guys to open up the way they do. Take notes, kids - this is what journalism's all about. :thumbup:

lone_groover
04-09-04, 01:16 AM
Finally! In Fern'dOver's own words.

It was worth the wait. Thanks, Tippy.

:thumbup: ¡arriba, arriba! :thumbup:

JT265
04-09-04, 07:57 AM
Finally! In Fern'dOver's own words.

It was worth the wait. Thanks, Tippy.

:thumbup: ¡arriba, arriba! :thumbup:

Undalay!!!!

<whatever that means>

:D

Spicoli
04-09-04, 08:46 AM
Good job man. :)

Being from Indy makes it 100 times funnier - Annafeld Corporation? I always wonered what they did, but was too afraid to stop on that ceretain portion of West Washington Street. :rofl:

rabbit
04-09-04, 09:39 AM
.......AF - We gots ClabberGirl Mehico on de car right now.............HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

Don Quixote
04-09-04, 10:13 AM
Great one Tippy! :)

Madmaxfan2
04-09-04, 12:24 PM
Great crack reporting, Tippy! You and BiF make a great team. I now know where to go for the REAL eyeRell story. :D

Napoleon
04-18-04, 08:43 AM
HaHaHaHaHa

:D