PDA

View Full Version : Champcar says 18 official.

KLang
04-08-04, 03:10 PM
Link (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7620)

:thumbup:

Never a doubt. ;)

lone_groover
04-08-04, 03:15 PM
...Never a doubt. ;)

Yes indeedee!!!

Ratattack
04-08-04, 03:15 PM
18 cars on the grid.. :D

Thanks to DW with the driver to be named shortly.

I smell methanol in my office.. :cool:

theunions
04-08-04, 03:16 PM
Haberfeld?

racer2c
04-08-04, 03:16 PM
I knew it would happen, but I'm happy just the same! A very good day and a heck of way to start my three day weekend (I'm not fighting Good Friday traffic!)

rabbit
04-08-04, 03:17 PM
Hey FTG, Pimpski, Mikey, Rahole, Adrian, TuRD, Honder, Gan@$$i, Wilke, Brainfart, Gaylio and all the other hataz I forgot...

http://www.weddingchat.com/images/smilies/pffftt.gif

Suckers.

HolyCrap
04-08-04, 03:18 PM
Driver/Sponsor....Holy Crap come on...lets start making predictions right here right now....

Classic Apex
04-08-04, 03:26 PM
Beautiful.

:cool:

skaven
04-08-04, 04:20 PM
I feel like a father must feel when his baby is born. Someone else did all the work, but, man, I feel very proud and happy ! ! ! :)

Wabbit
04-08-04, 04:27 PM
I smell methanol in my office.. :cool:

I don't think it was methonal that you're smelling. :D

G.
04-08-04, 04:45 PM
I don't think it was methonal that you're smelling. :Dmethane?

18!

Rob
04-08-04, 04:52 PM
Excellent! :cool:

theunions
04-08-04, 05:46 PM
Driver/Sponsor....Holy Crap come on...lets start making predictions right here right now....

To answer my own question...yes Mario is in.

And Cummins, Holset and Onan are back! :)

Wonder why they couldn't have waited a few hours and just do a single press release?

MARIO HABERFELD AND CUMMINS INC. TEAMS WITH WALKER RACING FOR 2004 CHAMP CAR SEASON

Indianapolis, IN. (April 8, 2004) - Walker Racing is pleased to announce the signing of Champ Car driver Mario Haberfeld to pilot the #5 Ford-Cosworth/Reynard/Bridgestone entry in the 2004 Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford. The 2004 season will also mark the return of Cummins Inc. as the sponsor, a long-time partner of Walker Racing. The team will be competing at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach on April 18.

"We are looking forward to competing in the Champ Car World Series in 2004. It has been a long winter, now its time to go racing" said team owner, Derrick Walker.

Mario Haberfeld will be competing in his second season of Champ Car competition, scoring three top-five finishes and 11 top-10 finishes in 2003. "I'm very happy to be back in Champ Car for my second year. This season will allow me to build upon the experience gained with both the cars and the circuits from last year" said Haberfeld.

2004 will also mark the return of Cummins Inc., Holset Turbochargers, Fleetguard and Onan, with Walker Racing in a partnership role that saw them adorned on the Walker Racing cars of Robby Gordon and Gil de Ferran from 1994 through 1999. Cummins Inc. is a world-class diesel manufacturer headquartered in Columbus, Indiana. "Teaming up with Walker Racing has been beneficial in the past, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership" said Cummins Inc. CEO Tim Solso.

California-based LaunchPoint Technologies will also be making their debut as a partner with Walker Racing and Cummins for the 2004 season. LaunchPoint Technologies is a Venture Engineering firm that develops new technologies, incubates startups, and provides sophisticated engineering services. Team owner Derrick Walker says "we appreciate the decision of LaunchPoint Technologies to join Walker Racing for 2004, and we look forward to a long and successful relationship".

Walker Racing will enter its 14th season of Champ Car competition this year, maintaining a position as one of the longest running teams in the series. The team has four Champ Car victories and 10 poles to its credit, and finished the series runner-up in 1997 with Gil de Ferran behind the wheel.

lone_groover
04-08-04, 06:04 PM
Looks like Onan has a hand it it.

;)

Lizzerd
04-08-04, 06:56 PM
Cummins Inc. is a world-class diesel manufacturer headquartered in Columbus, Indiana.

I grew up there from age 12, and my parents still live there. Nice little (35K) city.

Walker and Haberfeld just picked up a fan.

Steve99
04-08-04, 07:33 PM
To answer my own question...yes Mario is in.

And Cummins, Holset and Onan are back! :)

Wonder why they couldn't have waited a few hours and just do a single press release?

At least "announced shortly" was a few hours and not a few weeks. :)

Looks like Walker kept some of his Reynards. I hope they come up with another great looking paint scheme.

Does Walker still play in the earl?

JT265
04-08-04, 07:44 PM
Does Walker still play in the earl?

Nope. Great news for Derrick and the series. :thumbup:

I do have some bad news tho'.

I just realized that Derricks intials are the same as Darryl Waltrips.

BOGGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!

mate.

:D

Rob
04-08-04, 07:45 PM
Looks like Onan has a hand it it.

;)
:laugh:

meadors
04-08-04, 10:15 PM
Nope. Great news for Derrick and the series. :thumbup:

I do have some bad news tho'.

I just realized that Derricks intials are the same as Darryl Waltrips.

BOGGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!

mate.

:D

Where the puking smiley when you need it!!!!! :gomer:

Hard Driver
04-09-04, 12:33 AM
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/party/partytime.gif

I am going to Party!!!!!! :thumbup:

Great job to all at OWRS!!!!!!!

Chiphead_Dave
04-09-04, 03:04 PM
I used to design engine controls for a company that
sold them to Cummins. So I have a little (read dangerous)
knowlegde about them.

I find it funny and strange that Cummins
is coming back to us as they are

1. So close to indy.
2. Used to send many employees and customers and vendors to indy on their dime.
3. Their customer base and users of their product are probably died in the wool NECKAR fans.

Not complaining I just find it interesting.

gjc2
04-09-04, 05:59 PM
knowlegde about them.

1. So close to indy.
3. Their customer base and users of their product are probably died in the wool NECKAR fans.

Cummins is a company that does business all around the world, I guess they want to be involved in a race series that gets international interest.

George

JT265
04-09-04, 06:02 PM
knowlegde about them.

1. So close to indy.

FWIW, I'm in their customer base and couldn't tell you who has the most of those "valuable Winst....er....Nextel Cup Points" to save my butt.

longbeach32
04-09-04, 09:52 PM
Awesome! :D Let's go racing :thumbup: