PDA

View Full Version : Hey Adrian

DaveL
04-08-04, 12:52 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/7239128

"I'd do anything to be back in front of my fans in Mexico. I worked very hard to get those races in Mexico," Fernandez said. "But we were not presented with assurances and the confidence of a business plan. If you put all this together, what would you guys do?"

You can still screw yourself. You could have chosen to be part of the solution. Instead you took the Honda yen to be part of the problem. You wanna race in Mexico in front of your fans, show up asswipe. You got the cars and you can get an engine. Near as I can tell the sponsorship situation, save for the Hondabucks, would be the same anyway.

Cry me a river Adrian and you can shove the money Honda is giving you up the butt of that crapwagon you're now driving, to say nothing of yours.

chop456
04-08-04, 01:29 AM
He keeps shoveling and shoveling and shoveling..... :rolleyes:

Robstar
04-08-04, 01:32 AM
No wonder Tom Cruise sacked his publicist...
She musta gone to work for AF... NOT ;)

Lizzerd
04-08-04, 01:32 AM
A piss poor mea culpa at best. Go ahead, Adrian, break your back... AGAIN. I honestly can't tell if he is regretting his decision to go irling because he won't be driving in Mexico or if he sees that ChampCar will be healthy and he's now put his own health at risk.

"I'd do anything to be back in front of my fans in Mexico.

uh... okay... like what?

This is what really irks me about that article.

"I think what's going on is what we figured all along -- that the future of open-wheel racing is over here," said Brian Barnhart, head of the IRL's racing operations. "With the TV schedule, the teams and sponsors over here now, this is the future of open-wheel racing."

Dream on, Brainfart. You got crap.

Jay
04-08-04, 02:15 AM
Taking the Honda cash was the easy thing to do for Adrian and guaranteed him a racing team in 2004...where as staying in Champcar may have been rolling the dice on his team's future. So there may have been some reason in his decision... I have to think Adrian must have had a sponsor (Tecate?) back out at the last minute or reduce their commitment to a level that no longer guaranteed he could run the 2004 season to make such a decision. I wish we knew...

BUT, what really irked me was the way he went around through the media touting how great Champcar was only days before stabbing the series in the back. Now, he's saying this? :shakehead He can eat his crow and like it!

Basically his mouth says one thing, while his actions say something completely different....maybe he should go into politics.

Mike Kellner
04-08-04, 02:43 AM
Hey, Adrian...

When Tony said there'd be races in Mexico, I bet you forgot to ask when.

mk

Kiwifan
04-08-04, 03:19 AM
:)

To best honest I've always liked Adrian and the Tecate Girls but the old saying rings true, "ya made ya bed, now lie in it."

I'd welcome him back in Champ Cars as I would most of the other turncoats because I believe they do have a talent and can drive but I wouldn't cheer for them, not at all. I'm a guy who doesn't boo the opposition but I may be able to come up with a hiss or two. :)

Rusty.

pinniped
04-08-04, 04:35 AM
Well, the Tecate girls were hot...but I've never been an Adrian fan

RTKar
04-08-04, 07:02 AM
Sometimes you gotta have faith and take a chance Adrian.

Insomniac
04-08-04, 08:11 AM
Let's see. You bailed on ChampCar. You raced in Phoenix and didn't finish one lap. LB is going to happen. Smart move Adrian. Hope the money was worth it.

Spicoli
04-08-04, 08:12 AM
Owned by the cheif gomer. He bought the vision hook line and sinker.

What a dick.

Ratattack
04-08-04, 08:30 AM
Well, the Tecate girls were hot...but I've never been an Adrian fan

We still have the Tecate girls, so WGAF where Adrian is..

sundaydriver2
04-08-04, 09:07 AM
All this Idiot had to do is pick up the phone and call KK or PG or GF. :shakehead

IF you want to race in front of your fans, ****can the Crapwagon and get back to REAL racing.

Madmaxfan2
04-08-04, 09:20 AM
Adrian has an insecurity problem, bigtime. Such people always take the easy way instead doing the right thing. Then they wonder why poeple don't like them. Of course this situation is reflective of the whole IRL problem, a bunch of insecure people chasing easy Japanese Yen to fund thier fragile egos in order the please the most insecure of them all , Tony George.

indyfan31
04-08-04, 09:35 AM
"I'd do anything to be back in front of my fans in Mexico. "
Apparently "anything" didn't involve picking up the phone and calling the OWRS principals.

Dirty Sanchez
04-08-04, 09:44 AM
This is tough one for me. In recent years I've shyed away from labeling owners/drivers as a "CART/OWRS/ChampCar/whatever" guy because we've seen too many examples of dishonesty/disloyalty over the years... but if there was one guy I thought would remain in ChampCar til the end...

This whole turn of events is beyond stupid. STFU Adrian. :flame: :shakehead :mad: :thumdown:

racer2c
04-08-04, 10:22 AM
It sounds to me, after listening and reading his numerous comments on his 'departure', that ol' Adrian is having a difficult time sleeping at night.

Ziggy
04-08-04, 11:25 AM
Im thinking that maybe sitting in a wheelchair the rest of his life really gets under his skin

Ziggy

Spicoli
04-08-04, 11:43 AM
10-1 he pulls over after the Indy5. Parks it, gets out, then walks away.

Ziggy
04-08-04, 11:47 AM
Hey, this could finally been the boon Tony George has been looking for. 200,000 Mexicans in Marion County has to equal some sort of draw at the turnstyle.

Im seeing the vision, finally

Ziggy

nrc
04-08-04, 11:52 AM
I suspect that the current management took the position from the outset that anyone getting a check from the other side was not to be trusted. So it should have been no shock to Adrian if they weren't showing him all their cards.

Adrian bet that the one-two punch of he and Rahal leaving would be the death-blow for ChampCar and that Tony would quickly pick up the events that were important to his sponsors - Long Beach and at least one of the Mexico dates.

Adrian lost that bet and now he's engaged in frantic damage control trying to save his popularity with his Mexican fans. We'll find out in November whether Honda bought his soul or just rented it. He still has the equipment so he really has no excuse not to run Mexico City in November.

Spicoli
04-08-04, 11:57 AM
Once again the lesson unfolds:

Its about the series and its fans.

It is not about a driver, a team, an event, a sponsor.....its bigger than that Adrian, you dumb mutherfugger.

Hard Driver
04-08-04, 12:32 PM
Sure I'm spitefulll, But with his team, I think we would be at 18 cars already, so I am going to hold a grudge.

Therefore, I am enjoying the fact that he will be watching others race Champ Cars in Mexico and it is going to naw on his concious. :thumbup:

Steve99
04-08-04, 12:47 PM
10-1 he pulls over after the Indy5. Parks it, gets out, then walks away.

Will he finish a lap first?

Steve99
04-08-04, 12:52 PM
Wow, that article is much worse than the quotes here make it out to be. Other than the opening line, it reads like it came straight from the IMS press office. :mad:

What a load of BS.

FTG FAF FBR FPP

Mike Kellner
04-08-04, 01:01 PM
I think Mexicans should show their displeasure by voting with their remote controls, and just saying no to Tony and his silly little race.

Boycot Indy. Save racing from Tony. Do it for the children.

mk

Andrew Longman
04-08-04, 01:13 PM
Wow, that article is much worse than the quotes here make it out to be. Other than the opening line, it reads like it came straight from the IMS press office. :mad:

What a load of BS.

FTG FAF FBR FPP

Yeah, its an AP story that ran around the country. I saw it in my morning Newark Star Ledger and nearly puked by wheaties.

mueber
04-08-04, 01:20 PM
It sounds to me, after listening and reading his numerous comments on his 'departure', that ol' Adrian is having a difficult time sleeping at night.

AT least his conscience might be bothering him. We all know what Chip Ganassi is, but Penske and Pat Patrick turned their backs on the series they created and don’t seem the least bit bothered by their hypocrisy. If Adrian wants to come back, I’ll let him. Penske, Patrick, Ganassi: no.

JT265
04-08-04, 01:21 PM
I saw it in my morning Newark Star Ledger and nearly puked by wheaties.

That can never be good. ;)

regarding Adrian, the backlash he obviously feels is indicative of the distaste that most people have to ToeKnee's answer to a question that was never asked, or needed.

mueber
04-08-04, 01:22 PM
Once again the lesson unfolds:

Its about the series and its fans.

It is not about a driver, a team, an event, a sponsor.....its bigger than that Adrian.

Amen

JT265
04-08-04, 01:26 PM
AT least his conscience might be bothering him. We all know what Chip Ganassi is, but Penske and Pat Patrick turned their backs on the series they created and don’t seem the least bit bothered by their hypocrisy. If Adrian wants to come back, I’ll let him. Penske, Patrick, Ganassi: no.

I agree about Gan( i )i and the Pimp, but ol' Yooooooooooeeeey "Pat" Patrick ain't a turncoat as much as he is an old fart looking to relive the early '60's IMO.

More than once lately I've been told that Pimske is worried that ChampCar is gonna bury the litte "leaque". No idea how true that is, but it puts a warm feeling in my gut thinking those bastards are squirming over there.

Kiwifan
04-08-04, 02:21 PM
Well you've just made my JT, let 'em squirm. :)

Rusty.

Steve99
04-08-04, 02:35 PM
I agree about Gan( i )i and the Pimp, but ol' Yooooooooooeeeey "Pat" Patrick ain't a turncoat as much as he is an old fart looking to relive the early '60's IMO.

I agree about Patrick, but now IMS is spinning it as him choosing IRL over ChampCar. He's become a pawn in their propaganda machine.

rabbit
04-08-04, 03:28 PM
Stoopid Adrian :shakehead

lone_groover
04-08-04, 03:31 PM
Yeah! As the MISFITS so eloquently said it:

...rat fink, oh r a t t f i n k rat fink, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, rat fink, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah rat fink, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah rat fink, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah rat fink (r a t t oh) r a t t f i n k, r a t t f i n k, r a t t f i n k, rat, oh, oh, woah

:p :p :p

scanman
04-08-04, 05:01 PM
Personally, all the twirlers can go fug themselves...they want circle
jerkin, they got it... :thumdown:

JT265
04-08-04, 07:53 PM
Well you've just made my JT, let 'em squirm. :)

Rusty.

Glad I could help out mate.

Next time, I'll try and make your day too. ;)

Kiwifan
04-08-04, 08:26 PM
That's what you get when you type at 6am. :) I was just trying to catch Lizzerd out, he keeps some strange hours. :) I'm glad you picked up on the 'day' bit, otherwise I'd be embarrassed. lol.

Rusty.

JT265
04-08-04, 08:50 PM
I figured as much. ;) hey, what time is it over there Rusty?

Ankf00
04-08-04, 08:57 PM
i went grocery shopping just now

i have food

mmmmmm

and I dont have to drive crapwagons to pay for it either! :)