PDA

View Full Version : fellow orange countians

pinniped
04-07-04, 11:12 PM
What happened to our Speed Channel? I turn it on tonight and there are a bunch of would be gangsters doing rap videos...channel 65 is now "MTV2" although the channel listing for Cox digital still says Speed, the legend on the screen still says Speed....what gives? Anyone know?

Sean O'Gorman
04-07-04, 11:38 PM
Whoa, scary stuff. I rushed to the TV to make sure Cox didn't take away SPEED here in Cleveland. Nope, its still there. :cool:

pinniped
04-07-04, 11:40 PM
Maybe it has to do with us posting our pimp names :eek:

Ankf00
04-08-04, 12:03 AM
heh heh, he lives in OC, heh, like that show, heh heh, the oc, heh

Robstar
04-08-04, 12:12 AM
Or gearing up for a... wait for it...

LONG WEEKEND !!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :D

Anteater
04-08-04, 01:46 AM
I've been meaning to post about this outrage: what happened, dear friend pinniped, is that Cox Cable has SCREWED US! :flame: Speed used to be part of the Expanded Service lineup. Effective yesterday, Speed is now available ONLY with the Digital Tier (which costs about $60.00/month to start). It's channel 318 if you have the Digital Sports & Info Tier.

Spike is channel 52; the nimrods who prepared the new Channel Lineup guide have it listed as "TNN".

We got a satellite dish. Take that, ya greedy Cox Cable bastiges!!!!!! :p

Winston Wolfe
04-08-04, 02:03 AM
Spike is channel 52; the nimrods who prepared the new Channel Lineup guide have it listed as "TNN".

What a bunch of fargin snaky iceholes !!!!

I am so pissed.... Now I gotta throw down and get ALL the channels on digital, and might have to start watching that SPICE channel..... Damn !

pinniped
04-08-04, 04:51 AM
Satellite dish is sounding better all the time...how dare they sneak away with my Speed and give me homies

KLang
04-08-04, 06:33 AM
Satellite dish is sounding better all the time...how dare they sneak away with my Speed and give me homies

Plus you can get HDNet and watch the races in HiDef. :thumbup:

RTKar
04-08-04, 06:54 AM
Had the same thing happen here, north of Chicago. Went to flip on Speed...no picture..."for ordering information.... :shakehead . So to watch F1 and a whole bunch of NASCAR, had to pay extra.

Ziggy
04-08-04, 07:14 AM
Cable Television, it aint what it used to be. My bill runs right at one hundred dollars a month. Twenty years ago, it was twenty bucks........

Ziggy

JT265
04-08-04, 08:30 AM

Speed = homies? Nahh.

Speed = homers.

Nascar
MORE Nascar
Nascar Rewind
Nascar 24/7
Famous moves by Nascar
Famous moves by Nascar drivers
Famous bowel movements by Nascar crewchiefs
Nascar at nite

and, saving the best for last...............

Larry mAcReynolds.

:gomer:

Ankf00
04-08-04, 09:32 AM
I've been meaning to post about this outrage: what happened, dear friend pinniped, is that Cox Cable has SCREWED US! :flame: Speed used to be part of the Expanded Service lineup. Effective yesterday, Speed is now available ONLY with the Digital Tier (which costs about $60.00/month to start). It's channel 318 if you have the Digital Sports & Info Tier.

welcome to my world my speed-challeneged brothers and sisters!

it's digital or bust here, no, it's digital, THEN buy sports package on top of that :)

indyfan31
04-08-04, 09:42 AM
If you want to raise a legal stink about this find out who issued their permit to operate in your city as both a business and a broadcaster. You signed a contract with them, read it, and if there's not clause allowing them to change what the "package" consists of start writing angry letters to them; and send copies to government offices and local politicians. It may get you nowhere, but then again......

pinniped
04-08-04, 10:45 AM
If you want to raise a legal stink about this find out who issued their permit to operate in your city as both a business and a broadcaster. You signed a contract with them, read it, and if there's not clause allowing them to change what the "package" consists of start writing angry letters to them; and send copies to government offices and local politicians. It may get you nowhere, but then again......

I can see it now..."Arnold, its that guy again calling about his Speed channel from Orange County", "okay, tell him to get a life"...

CARTNUT
04-09-04, 02:18 PM
STOP FEEDING THE PIG! (http://www.stopfeedingthepig.com/)

'NUT :gomer:

TravelGal
04-09-04, 07:56 PM
Have you seen Time Warner's reply about pigs? Awfully cute.

While I feel your pain, you folks down south, we northerners (LA County) had to pony up to digital LAST year to get SPEED channel. We did it in this household and it was the best move we ever made. We had the foresight to get married in January (umpty years ago) so we take advantage of the clearance sales every year. This anniversary brought an HDTV so we can get the races on HDnet. Whooooooohoooooooo!